Super cavitation bullet

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
But it can't even blow up a watermelon.
USELESS

rumble phish

BAMF+
What is the practical, everyday application for this type of ammo? Is it armor piercing? In what scenario is 24" of penetration in soft tissue not enough?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
What is the practical, everyday application for this type of ammo? Is it armor piercing? In what scenario is 24" of penetration in soft tissue not enough?
As mentioned, frogmen are no longer safe hiding under water.
I'm sure there are more applications but that one alone is handy enough.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Reminds me of some recent 25-30mm ammo tests I saw- developed for “supercavitation” so it will be fired in air and enter water and not blow up- rather go tens of meters in water and destroy underwater objects. It was Norwegian as well- Raufoss if memory serves.

utility of this ammo is that it does not cavitate and is super low drag in hydro/water and accoedingly, ballistic gel.

Just to nitpick though it looked really cold there if that was done recently I doubt the ballistic Gel was at the appropriate temperature to be properly calibrated plus I didn’t see a calibration BB test but whatever it’s pretty impressive that just a change in bullet design make such a wicked difference in penetration in certain media.

dang..thats nuts.

im more impressed it held that straight line all the way thru vs spinning off or out of the channel. wonder if thats repeatable or if that was the "1 in 1000 shots we fired that went straight"

NORTY

BAMF
Interesting. It looks like it'll perf something, but not transmit as much energy as a standard round. Not seeing much benefit above the water...

Top Bottom