Stupid Craig's List Posters...

my pet peeve with CL is the folks who email you asking if something is still for sale....to which you reply that it is...and never hear from again.

are these people just farming email addresses? perhaps doing an informal poll on the availability of items posted on CL?

fucks sake...were you expecting to hear an answer other than "yes"?

pimpslayer

BAMF+
my pet peeve with CL is the folks who email you asking if something is still for sale....to which you reply that it is...and never hear from again.

are these people just farming email addresses? perhaps doing an informal poll on the availability of items posted on CL?

fucks sake...were you expecting to hear an answer other than "yes"?
I just called a place Monday about a bike on a CL ad. It had been up since 1 Dec or so. It fell off the list over the weekend so I called and it had sold the week before Christmas.

I didn't see the ad until a week ago...it had been up so long that I was going to make a lowball offer, really insult him ya' know?

Oh well, CL is full of Busas.

I dont mind lowball offers, an offer is better than nothing. I was just raised to say no thank you and move on.

I figure shit on craigslist is worth about 50% of retail for most items....and an asking price of 50% of the price on the ad is always a good starting point!

Stetson

BAMF
Did you look at the pictures of the passenger side? Kind of rough...:eek:

Stetson

BAMF
Nothing irritates me more than the top down with the windows up. Especially when just the back ones.

That's a sharp Caddy, though.

Buelligan

HOLYBAMF
An old friend of mine who passed away last year has one of the those Faux-rraris. He also has a Lambogatti and a Bradly GT. They're all pretty low rent.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench

If a guy had to have one, and had a ton of money, it would be the one to have. If I figure in the labor and parts I have into mine restoring it, it would probably be at least $5,000.00. So more for a completely new condition is probably worth it.
Riding it, would ruin it. The exhaust valve contraption in it wasn't very popular, not to mention the wheels that weighed about 100 lbs each! Fucking wheels were way too heavy! But, it was the last of the street legal RD's in this country. RZ's were called RD's in other countries, but not here.
Shit, If I bought it, I'd have the first year and last year of the RD line for the USA. I could park it out in the garage with the dozen other motorcycles and scooters I don't ride. Rat Max and CH125 are the only two that I keep on the road.

story of the week this week....selling that vstar/bobber project I got a few years back.

lots of craigslist tire kickers....tons of folks who go thru a series of emails and say they are interested and want to come by to take a look...then never hear from them again.

and lastly this guy who agrees on the price sight unseen, just wants to be sure its everything I say it is and its a done deal. shows up to the house, we spend about 30min going over everything on the bike....he then takes it for a quick test ride around the block and comes back saying its great...hes sold.

then proceeds to tell me he has to go to the back tomorrow to take out a loan to pay for it...and he will get back to me. of course today he emails me saying he didnt get approved...and that hes really sorry.

fucking craigslist.

WarpSpeed

Destroyer of Cheese and Triscuits
Haven't listed on CL for a while, but I did earlier today - set of 4 OEM aluminum wheels and fair (at best) condition tires from the old Tahoe. Cheap, what I could scrap the wheels for at the recycling center, $60.00. Figure if someone's in a rough spot and needs them, even just to use as spare tires or something, that would be a good thing. Big mistake...

Imbecile #1 - He can't drive at night or in the rain, is 118 miles away and that's too far to travel, but if I wanted to meet 1/2 way or even deliver them, he might be interested.

Imbecile #2 - Local, at least in the same county, but wants to know if $60.00 is my bottom dollar, offers me $40.00. He's now been added to a whole bunch of fun email lists..

Imbecile #3 - Wants to know if I'd like to trade them for a Gateway 486 computer without a hard drive "that's only 3 or 4 years old". Can you say 1992 vintage?

Yeah, just easier to take them to the recycling center this week.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Cheap, what I could scrap the wheels for at the recycling center, $60.00.
I don't bother with anything under $100. Not worth my trouble. I'll give it away first.

Imbecile #2 - Local, at least in the same county, but wants to know if $60.00 is my bottom dollar, offers me $40.00. He's now been added to a whole bunch of fun email lists..
I don't have a problem with low ballers. I just respond back "no thanks". In one case recently, guy low balled me, told him "no thanks", he ended up buying it for what I was asking. Can't blame a guy for trying.

Haven't listed on CL for a while, but I did earlier today - set of 4 OEM aluminum wheels and fair (at best) condition tires from the old Tahoe. Cheap, what I could scrap the wheels for at the recycling center, $60.00. Figure if someone's in a rough spot and needs them, even just to use as spare tires or something, that would be a good thing. Big mistake...

Imbecile #1 - He can't drive at night or in the rain, is 118 miles away and that's too far to travel, but if I wanted to meet 1/2 way or even deliver them, he might be interested.

Imbecile #3 - Wants to know if I'd like to trade them for a Gateway 486 computer without a hard drive "that's only 3 or 4 years old". Can you say 1992 vintage?

Yeah, just easier to take them to the recycling center this week.
yesterday I was chatting with a guy that had a z50 on craigslist for quite sometime. He showed me the bike... it has a 125 lifan motor with manual clutch...lol. I think Im going to buy it.

agri

BAMF
I had a set of winters for my 2012 civic, hardly used.
I figured I could have gotten $200.
I have a friend with the same car. i gave them to him and got a steak dinner.
I was happy:D

Im really getting tired of shops or businesses posting ads or bullshit outside their geographical area.
Id almost volunteer to moderate just to shut these assholes down.
Craigslist should not be a primary marketing portal!! :(

Stetson

BAMF
Craiglist would be wonderful if you had the ability to comment on ads.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
http://maine.craigslist.org/npo/5773597673.html

I don't think they would hire me or Hapo... fucking cunts...

$15 - $17 per hr canvassing for Responsible Gun Ownership

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: $15 - $17 per hour with up to 36 hours per week
employment type: part-time
non-profit organization

Education Canvasser Job Description
About Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership
Send Resumes and cover letter to Benn Marine via the Craigslist Email Addy Shown
Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership is a group of Mainers - including gun violence survivors, law enforcement officials, domestic violence prevention advocates, and gun owners - who are working together to reduce gun violence and protect Maine communities.

Our members and supporters hail from every region of the state, brought together by a common goal: to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people by requiring a background check on all gun sales in Maine.

About the Position of Education Canvasser
Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership is seeking passionate folks to talk with Mainers both in person and on the phones to bring awareness and education around what is required as a Mainer to acquire a gun.

Job Responsibilities:
Education: Canvassers are responsible for effectively and efficiently educating Mainers on the work of Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership, including but not limited to; current legal requirements to purchase a gun in the state of Maine, the referendum this fall that would close loopholes on gun sales, addressing questions, comments, and concerns of Mainers surrounding the topic of background checks for guns.

Engagement: Canvassers will also be responsible for finding ways to engage and activate supporters that they find in the field including but not limited to; recruiting volunteers and fundraising.

Establishing a positive rapport: Canvassers are the front lines of our field work, and in some cases, one of the only face to face connections between Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership and Mainers across the state. As such, canvassers are responsible for maintaining a professional, positive, and healthy rapport during each interaction. Canvassers must be knowledgeable about our work, and attempt to provide answers to any questions that arise. Additionally, canvassers are responsible for accurately recording the results of every interaction, and report daily numbers to their Team Leaders and/or the Deputy Field Director.

Maintaining a healthy work environment: Canvassers are responsible for helping to maintain a healthy and positive work environment. The Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership office is meant to be an open and affirming workplace, and the canvassers are expected to maintain positive, inclusive, and open-minded attitudes to co-workers, volunteers, and anyone else who may be present in the space at any given time.

Qualifications:
Strong communication skills, reliable work ethic, and a deep passion for reducing gun violence and closing the loopholes surrounding background checks. Canvassers must be able to work within a team, receive feedback, and adapt to rapidly changing political and programmatic landscapes. Previous canvassing, sales, or political experience is a plus -- this is an ideal position for someone who is looking to get into the non-profit or campaign world.

Training:
Newly hired canvassers will work closely with the Team Leaders and the Deputy Field Director to learn how to canvass and fine tune their skills in outreach and education. The first week of canvassing will include extensive training on the skills required to canvas both in person and on the phones. Daily trainings are held to constantly build the skills of canvassers.

Expectations:
Part time hours (up to 36 hours per week), seasonal position, posses ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.

Compensation:
Canvassers begin at $15 an hour and team leads start at $17 per hour. This position does not include benefits.

Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity. Mainers for Responsible Gun Ownership does not allow any unlawful discrimination against or harassment of our employees or others present at our facilities.

VOTE NO ON Question 3...

Last edited:

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I though of the same fucking thing (great minds eh?) but i know i could not last one week of training with those pencil neck trendys to get to the promised land... I would be trying in vain to convince them how full of shite they are...

I'm an open book with a poor poker face...

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Had a YZ250 for sale this summer. Got the email from a foreigner. Broken Engrish. I REALLY wanted to sell the bike so I responded.

Turned out to be a guy working in Michigan from Brazil. He is a test engineer for Ford. All summer in Michigan then to Arizona in the winter.

He wanted to try some moto x and trails here.

Sometimes what appears to be crazy really isn't.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
It doesn't take much to build PC's I guess...

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/sys/5791100973.html

This is a Awesome PC, it's more of an editors Computer but that doesn't mean it can't play games, the contrary it handles games like a champ. With is quad core I7 skylark Processor clock at 4.0 Ghz and it's an unlocked processor. What does that mean? Well it means if you have the tech-know-how you can make it go faster and boost its performance. And with its beefy cooler it won't break a sweat. And since it is an editors PC it has plenty of storage for all those huge files a 2TB hhd hard drive. Combined with an ultra fast 240gb ssd so it boots up in 10-20 seconds and any other files you want to access quicker like games, programs, ect. The GPU is small but packs a nice puch making this computer able to handle any game you through at it. Also it has dual ban wifi so you can place it wherever your wifi signal reaches. And
All packed in a tiny little case so you can put it in even tight spaces wothout losing any power! I call it the IceCube Pro
ban = band?
ect = etc?
puch = punch?
wothout = without?

Not to mention (which I guess I'm about to do), grammar, formatting and overall continuity.

You would think he would spend a few minutes running a spell check (at least) to convey some basic level of intelligence when posting an ad (multiple actually) for a technical component such as a self-built PC.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I think Puch used to build motors for scooters but, we'd need to ask Grumpaw about it, to be sure.

RZ350

BAMF+
It doesn't take much to build PC's I guess...

ban = band?
ect = etc?
puch = punch?
wothout = without?

Not to mention (which I guess I'm about to do), grammar, formatting and overall continuity.

You would think he would spend a few minutes running a spell check (at least) to convey some basic level of intelligence when posting an ad (multiple actually) for a technical component such as a self-built PC.
I'm really surprised he spelled "losing" correctly!!!

Top Bottom