Stupid Craig's List Posters...

Stetson

BAMF
From corvetteforum:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4902354951.html

"Had someone called Charlie Brown, from Sebastopol, come for a test drive last week, and after driving it for twenty minutes, he managed to break the timing belt, consequently, damaging the head.

I installed a new timing belt with hope, but engine won't start."
I like the part about 190K on it, which "on a Diesel engine is nothing at all." Except for the broken timing belt, damaged head and the fact it won't run. Besides that, the miles mean nothing...:lol:

BigGar

high on placebo

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I use those old bed liners all the time. Have one out back covering a yard wagon so it doesn't get rained on. Thinking about getting a few more to make a lawn mower cover, or maybe use them for shingles on my roof.
We have a Line X place on the next street over from the tar pit, I can get them when ever I want.

Hapo

Dog Boy
I like the part about 190K on it, which "on a Diesel engine is nothing at all." Except for the broken timing belt, damaged head and the fact it won't run. Besides that, the miles mean nothing...:lol:

...milage means nothing = bigassed understatement...

BigGar

high on placebo
I use those old bed liners all the time. Have one out back covering a yard wagon so it doesn't get rained on. Thinking about getting a few more to make a lawn mower cover, or maybe use them for shingles on my roof.
We have a Line X place on the next street over from the tar pit, I can get them when ever I want.
My clients are funny sometimes. This guy LOVES his old F150. His son totaled it a couple of years ago and he came out of pocket to repair it anyway. He's got a Rolls Royce, SL65, Lexus, etc... I told him he needs a new truck but that is not going to happen. This thing doesn't sit around either. He gets it filthy quite regularly, muddy, scuffed up, dinged up, you name it. Always has me fix it back up as nice as I can. I still can't believe that he had me replace the DuraLiner with a new DuraLiner because the old one "looked old" though. That was a little over the top silly, even for me. It looked fine. It's a fucking DuraLiner... Anyway, it's not my job to ask questions. It wasn't easy finding a brand new DuraLiner for a 1999 truck either:)

Gar

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
People always feel inclined to give a reason for selling. I never do. I figure most buyers don't care.

I assume his leg was broke before he went out for a ride. Maybe his ankle was twisted and didn't notice it until he stopped at the light. When it went out from under him, the bike fell on his leg and broke it. Who knows?

Vegas12

BAMF+
People always feel inclined to give a reason for selling. I never do. I figure most buyers don't care.
Opposite experience here.

Nearly everyone asks, "why are you selling" when responding to my ads.

Giving a reason upfront is kinda pre-emptive I suppose.

Hapo

Dog Boy
I almost want to call this guy, just to hear the story of what happened.....

http://maine.craigslist.org/mcy/5169014193.html

...I want to call him to tell him he is unrealistic in his pricing, imho...

...I doubt he has even priced the parts and I am glad that he is so comfortable with assuming the customer will be able and willing to change them out...

...I would certainly expect more of a discount even before he dumped it...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...if you quote something it doesn't post at the end of the thread...

...probably just as well in this case...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
$2800.00 I was thinking.

I never saw one new or used that wasn't a pile of shit from the moment you opened the door.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Knew someone that had a diesel one, same color and interior.
He put over 300k miles on her before he wrecked it.

I'd take a Diesel Chevette in a heart beat! They usually don't have any rust because they have a film of diesel oil and soot all over them.:lol:

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I was thinking it was somthing I would not want to find in my driveway...

Stetson

BAMF
So, I have a 94 Caprice listed on CL. I get an email from a guy, complete with a picture of his stove up Caprice, wanting to buy my driver's side rear door. :roll:

Yeah, I shouldn't have any trouble selling the rest of the car if I sell you the door.

Buy the whole car, idiot.

Vegas12

BAMF+
So, I have a 94 Caprice listed on CL. I get an email from a guy, complete with a picture of his stove up Caprice, wanting to buy my driver's side rear door. :roll:

Yeah, I shouldn't have any trouble selling the rest of the car if I sell you the door.

Buy the whole car, idiot.
Or sell him the door for what you're asking for the whole car...prices should be fairly close....:D

Top Bottom