Stupid Craig's List Posters...

Austin_F

BAMF+
he needs to replace the power bands in 5th and 6th before id get it.

RZ350

BAMF+
"I have a CBR 600 that's been bored out to 636 and has power bands in gears 1-4. Its a great bike. I bought it for 2000 earlier this year but it needs a bike tire and sprocket so I'm dropping the price."

I called and offered him $1600, I told him I could put a bike tire and sprockets on it for easily less than $400, and I'd hate to take advantage of him.

He assured me that a tire from my Schwinn bike would fit on there, done deal I told him........

Austin_F

BAMF+
whats the deal with those? Owner is out of the country, cant show the car, needs a money order?

pimpslayer

BAMF+

ticker

BAMF
I saw that Lexus on the Memphis site this morning!!:lol: Only $2500...

Besides those ads , you will find popular vehicles being advertised just below market making them a very attractive prospect . Maybe a crew cab thats $2000 under , or a nice Mustang thats the cheapest low mileage one on Craig's list right now . There is only an E-mail reply option and if you send your phone # in the reply ... your screwed . You will start getting 20 calls a day from all over the United States . They're crooks with dozens of phone #'s from different states . They will spam you with all those different phone #'s trying to sell you stuff like Obama health insurance . They are after personal info and money . It's hard to stop them because it's all different numbers and schemes being used .

BigGar

high on placebo
I wanted to comment on a few of these, but there are just too many gems. Power bands on that CBR? Nice, um... Dodge??? van too :)
Dameon, that original Pontiac Star Chief is fucking cool as hell. The Caddy doesn't do much for me, but I don't think you could go too wrong with the Pontiac.
I don't think the numbers are too bad on that '65 Malibu. I'd need a much closer look, but I don't think you could duplicate it for anything close.

Gar

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
I wanted to comment on a few of these, but there are just too many gems.
Tons more every day. I just wonder if it's my area or are all Craig's List area like this? Rampant ignorance.

that original Pontiac Star Chief is fucking cool as hell.
I'm not much for the older Dodge's, but old is old and old is getting cooler and cooler as I get older...

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/cto/4700853695.html

It keeps popping up, but I can't see paying that much for a garage queen. I just don't know when I'd ever drive something like that.

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I'm not much for the older Dodge's, but old is old and old is getting cooler and cooler as I get older...

http://lafayette.craigslist.org/cto/4700853695.html

It keeps popping up, but I can't see paying that much for a garage queen. I just don't know when I'd ever drive something like that.
I had a '64 Polara 500 2dr HT, 426 wedge, 4 spd, HD spring package, 3.23 posi rear end. Fun car.

Sold it to go to college. Wish I'd kept it.

Only trouble was, it was this color...

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Could be legit. I know Maine won't issue a title to any bike under 400cc, even if it's brand new off the showroom.
Only plausible scenario I could come up with (aside from the obvious hot bike) is that Grom's were highly sought after in the early days. Maybe the original owner figured out how to get one shipped to the US ahead of the release, but was unable to get a title. Maybe Grom's sold in Asia don't have a title per se. $2500 does seem reasonable though.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Is it rat rod Hummer ? .. a custom woody Hummer ? .. a ford woody that wants to be a Hummer ? A one off custom being sold by a guy that's a real hummer .
Another case of tremendous wasted effort and expensive. I find it hard to believe this mess is road legal. There are bumper laws, this thing has none.

Austin_F

BAMF+
i never understood why the term 'take over my payments' took off. You still have to get a new loan with your own payments and full schedule of them. You don't just get to make the guys last 20 payments or whatever.

Vegas12

BAMF+
i never understood why the term 'take over my payments' took off. You still have to get a new loan with your own payments and full schedule of them. You don't just get to make the guys last 20 payments or whatever.

Depends.....

Have seen a few deals where the seller has kept everything in his name......always a chance of a skip.

Was storing a buddy's 38' toy hauler that he bought that way.

OP
OP
Dameon

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
no year, no ghz, no memory, no hdd, no NOTHING.
Heh, heh... yeah, that's a typical classic. In that case, it's an Apple. No further information needed. For one, the owner probably doesn't even KNOW all that information and, second, the buyer probably doesn't care.

Stetson

BAMF
Anytime I see a sportbike with fresh/different paint I just assume it's been down.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
I've seen that Busa in Kokomo, which is just north of me and some of my riding grounds.

….it looks worse in person and I would bet money bike's been down.

Top Bottom