Strange things are afoot.

gsxrian

BAMF
What i find interesting with virtually everyone invested in Bitcoin, is that they seem to be extremely vocal about how it will be worth so much more in the near future ........ it reminds me of Jordan Belfort and penny stocks.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
What i find interesting with virtually everyone invested in Bitcoin, is that they seem to be extremely vocal about how it will be worth so much more in the near future ........ it reminds me of Jordan Belfort and penny stocks.
True

Almost as vocal as the gold bugs who've been shouting from rooftops for the last 15 years about a 'tangible asset' to hedge against the inflation apocalypse

Reactions: CID

bikefrk

Two Wheels. Any Surface.
Zillow is drunk. No way could I get what it says my home is worth. Even if I sold it where the hell am I going to move to? Got ten more years on the chain gang. Anyways, paid it off end of last year and we are just stacking the payment for now. Waiting for the world to open up and we are going traveling

Had a full exterior remodel done end of 2019 and we are pretty happy with the place now

E6128AAC-D88F-4A2F-B9D7-12B609F63978.jpeg

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
Circling back on this!

I was watching our town council meeting tonight and there was a presentation by waste management (trash company) about why they have been struggling to pick up trash across the entire county etc. Their excuse of course was COVID19, and current unemployment policies.

They claim that in Florida you no longer have to provide proof you are looking for a job and unemployment benefits amount to 17.50/hr and that this is the reason they are having labor/staffing issues...and I can sure see why there are so many help wanted signs up everywhere.

who would bother working for even 15/hr with no benefits when unemployment pays more. Someone else mentioned that this figure doesnt even take into account SNAP/food benefits that are provided on TOP of base unemployment (nor does it factor in stimmybucks). This has to have absolutely wiped out day labor/retail/entry level jobs across the state!

crazy world we live in today!

OP
TR3B

TR3B

Old but forgotten
Circling back on this!

I was watching our town council meeting tonight and there was a presentation by waste management (trash company) about why they have been struggling to pick up trash across the entire county etc. Their excuse of course was COVID19, and current unemployment policies.

They claim that in Florida you no longer have to provide proof you are looking for a job and unemployment benefits amount to 17.50/hr and that this is the reason they are having labor/staffing issues...and I can sure see why there are so many help wanted signs up everywhere.

who would bother working for even 15/hr with no benefits when unemployment pays more. Someone else mentioned that this figure doesnt even take into account SNAP/food benefits that are provided on TOP of base unemployment (nor does it factor in stimmybucks). This has to have absolutely wiped out day labor/retail/entry level jobs across the state!

crazy world we live in today!
The worst part is that after you've lived that sweet life for a while, going back to the slog is damn near impossible. They might as well just be handing out stimulus heroin for all the damage they're doing.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
The worst part is that after you've lived that sweet life for a while, going back to the slog is damn near impossible. They might as well just be handing out stimulus heroin for all the damage they're doing.
I had a transition period where I left a job was finishing a few classes and got a FT contract position that worked Fri-Sun. It was great because there was no commute bullshit and I had Mon-Thurs off.
I tried laying around the house but just couldnt deal with it. Tis why Im convinced retirement wont ever be a good fit for me. That being said my Dad is a retired retard that just burns hours everyday doing nothing. Total opposite of me

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
the perplexing part of all this, is that if you look at statewide unemployment numbers....they are nowhere near what they "should" be based on how many businesses are closing and or cutting back hours due to lack of entry level staffing/labor!

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I scanned this back in August of 2005 from a sales brochure at a new housing subdivision in Austin area.
Wish I could remember where exactly, so I could check the prices now.

• Red
Reactions: Red

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
why would you care what prices are on shit you dont own?
Also brick production homes... good luck with that. Aint no mason worth a shit doing production work. See how much it costs to repoint a shitty job.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
why would you care what prices are on shit you dont own?
Also brick production homes... good luck with that. Aint no mason worth a shit doing production work. See how much it costs to repoint a shitty job.
This was back in 2005 when I was researching/preparing to buy my first house.
I just think it would be interesting to see how much thoses homes increased in value vs the ten year old starter home I eventually purchased.

I like brick or stucco.
Would like to remove my vinyl siding someday and replace it with stucco.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I just think it would be interesting to see how much thoses homes increased in value vs the ten year old starter home I eventually purchased.
Again...why?

I like brick or stucco.
Would like to remove my vinyl siding someday and replace it with stucco.
I highly suggest you go join a mason or stucco crew before doing any hair brained areanddee. Putting that on a stick frame... good luck. Guaranteed future laffs

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
You seem more concerned about this than I do. :fu:
No I dont understand why you want to count other peeples nestegg?? Is this like a "had to layer down" bike tale?.
Lets ask this...whats the condition of your current home? Is it ready for market?? How many things will a home inspector find??

Top Bottom