Splendid isolation during unrest

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
It is not Chinese.
It is a Genuine Buddy 50.
The Genuine Scooter Company is located in Chicago. The scooters are produced in Taiwan, NOT FUCKING CHINA!!

It's more of a difference than if something is made in Jacksonville vs. Puerto Rico. :moon:

Last edited:
OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
49cc of two stroke goodness. Schaivo has followed me and marveled at it's 69+kph (43+farmer mph) on level ground carrying me.

A set of sbs front brake pads will be it's next mod after I finish up the undertail.

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
What's the GVWR on that poor scooter?
Don't know don't care about what's on some goddam government bureaucrat mandated label that means less than the dates on food containers.

It hauls my 118kilos, wifeys non-dainty 73 kilos, plus a big bag of laundry and fixings up a steep dirt road hill. Or me and a decent load of firewood, there's a pic. Or just buzz into town for a pizza, park anywhere.

You and Schiavo can start a vespa snobscooter club. Oh wait there's dozens of them.

P. S. All Minarelli pieces for a Zuma50 fit the Buddy50. I'll be hitting 100kph on it before I hit 70 years old!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I might buy a tangerine Buddy50. I don't expect small two stroke motors will be around much longer.

Don't know don't care about what's on some goddam government bureaucrat mandated label that means less than the dates on food containers.

It hauls my 118kilos, wifeys non-dainty 73 kilos, plus a big bag of laundry and fixings up a steep dirt road hill. Or me and a decent load of firewood, there's a pic. Or just buzz into town for a pizza, park anywhere.

You and Schiavo can start a vespa snobscooter club. Oh wait there's dozens of them.

P. S. All Minarelli pieces for a Zuma50 fit the Buddy50. I'll be hitting 100kph on it before I hit 70 years old!

The rear tire load rating :eek4: would be the concern here, better take a look for safeties sake! On the other hand those things are loaded down with everything from animal crates with a pig in them to large amounts of dope in the countries they are made in. How they can get all of the crazy things strapped to them is funny to see!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Tire load ratings, yet another government bureaucrat dictated thing. If the user keeps the tire load under the "rating", does the tire last forever? Just more nanny state bullshit.

Tire load ratings, yet another government bureaucrat dictated thing. If the user keeps the tire load under the "rating", does the tire last forever? Just more nanny state bullshit.
Well this is you just fishing :).. SURE it does you just keep riding on it and you will end up with road rash or worse. :)

You know about as much about tires as you do about military aircraft designations :smashtard:
:) Next time you pass an entrance to one of those "ranches" whip on in on your scooter and ask if any of the "boys' want to "fire up" with a old, fat, 3/4 bald with a pigtail, Yankee liberal? That would indeed be a sight to see! :eyepopping1a: Make sure to tell them before they run you off who knows maybe they will let you stay if you tell them that the Steer over there with the big balls is a tough looking hombre! :)

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Didn't do much today, up and out of the park, we're camped along I-94 in Miles City. Going to see about getting the valve stem fixed on the outer right rear tire in the morning. It goes from 720kpa to around 480kpa during a day's drive.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
You went right by Mill Creek. Good hobo camp, and the catch and release flies only trout bite worms and taste great!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Snail, I'm a hilariously poor rod and reel fisherman. The equivalent of a golfer who throws the bag of clubs into a water hole.

Starting the day in Miles City, I don't want to use my air compressor any more! :ireful:

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
All fixed no charge. "The valve was just loose", I was skeptical but not a
single kPa was lost in ~600km today. I didn't even have to give the guy a handy.

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Time zones and North latitude, it's 10PM and dusk, not twilight. :confused2:
Not anything a swamp Yankee is used to.

Your 138 miles from us, I told Kim it would be worth it to drive
down and beat on the door in the middle of the night yelling cops
open up:-))
Do not do that! He would show up at the door with so many pills in his mouth he would make the Yellowstone chipmunks proud and the smokestack coming out of the "boiler bong" would look like a Fletcher Class Destroyer laying down smoke!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Hey Tinhead, what year and model is that Hurricane and what do you like and dislike about it?
Its a 2007 Hurricane 33h. Bought in September 2018 from a dealer, 17,XXX miles.
Likes- Built on the Ford F-53 platform, any parts store has anything chassis related. FORD sold a gazoolian of the V-10's with the 5 speed auto behind it.
The motor/trans handle everything satisfactorily. Loaded up towing the 6x12 trailer with Concours, scooter, and probably 400 kilos of other shit, the northern rockies around the Tetons and Yellowstone had nothing it wouldn't climb at 80kph.
Everything in the coach worked, and still does. Minimal toilet and electrical issues, the vent fan for the range is a bit wonky. Hydraulic leveling jacks, generator (replaced with new shortly after vehicle purchase, great dealer), heat and AC all no problem.

Dont like-
Noisy to drive, handling is shit too. Upper practical speed not much over a hundred kph. Suspension is harsh, changing lanes over a camber in the roadway is more challenging than it should be.
Think again. They are the International entry level vehicle.
I may end up using it in Mexico and Canada.:D

Its a 2007 Hurricane 33h. Bought in September 2018 from a dealer, 17,XXX miles.
Likes- Built on the Ford F-53 platform, any parts store has anything chassis related. FORD sold a gazoolian of the V-10's with the 5 speed auto behind it.
The motor/trans handle everything satisfactorily. Loaded up towing the 6x12 trailer with Concours, scooter, and probably 400 kilos of other shit, the northern rockies around the Tetons and Yellowstone had nothing it wouldn't climb at 80kph.
Everything in the coach worked, and still does. Minimal toilet and electrical issues, the vent fan for the range is a bit wonky. Hydraulic leveling jacks, generator (replaced with new shortly after vehicle purchase, great dealer), heat and AC all no problem.

Dont like-
Noisy to drive, handling is shit too. Upper practical speed not much over a hundred kph. Suspension is harsh, changing lanes over a camber in the roadway is more challenging than it should be.

I may end up using it in Mexico and Canada.:D
Thanks for the info!

OP
tinhead

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Greetings from (just outside) Elkhart Lake.
Hey Tinhead, what year and model is that Hurricane and what do you like and dislike about it?
Dinner interrupted, got to ask wifey-
Likes- A real oven, not convection microwave. Bedroom IS NOT a slider, usable if Wifey wants to lie down. The same applies to the toilet and fridge, just pull over and make a cup of coffee. Easier with menopause than other arrangements. No climbing ladder to go to bed.

Dislikes- need a direct inverter for 120v outlets, they only work if the generator is running or off shore power. Things like flat-screen TVs and a DVR, or Led lights outside, don't draw much power and weren't widespread back in 2007. We really need help with camera, audio, and TV hookups. The lone rear view camera displays on a marginal CRT display.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I see you're parked across the street from the track. Many a June I would freeze my ass off there, especially if it were raining. Going into Seibkens? Loved hanging out there in the evenings, or down by the lake. Nice older houses in town. Some real nice ones in Plymouth.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
We gave up keeping track. Happy to average 33.6 liters /100km (7 farmer MPG).
Yep, about the same as my V-10 Superduty gets towing my little 9 to 10,000lb toyhauler.

Funny you mentioned wanting to go to Alaska...FB just put up some old pics from my trip there 3 years ago. Here's me and a sled dog that the Rangers use to patrol Denali Park in the winter. That dog house behind is made out of medium sized logs. I asked if it was built heavy to keep the dogs warm, and the Ranger said it was to keep the bears from eating the dogs. :eyepopping1a:

Last edited:
Top Bottom