Sometimes Copart comes through....5th wheel

Vegas12

BAMF+
My buddy and I, along with the lot manager, think this was some kind of insurance scam.

About 1/2 dozen brand spanking new trailers were salvaged due to "flood damage."

The travel trailers, which sit about 2' lower than the 5th wheel units do look like they were submerged and showed mud and debris on the undercarriage and on the unit we wanted for my son, one of the slide outs was inop....we'll watch, but probably pass.

The 5th wheel trailers showed ZERO water intrusion and were all fully functional.

My buddy picked up the 34' for himself...$40k unit for $22k.

My son bought the 28' for 16K.....$35k+fees retail.

This will be his home sweet home until he finds a new house...

There's a 25' 5th wheel left.....we may buy that one for a flip.

Last edited:
OP

Vegas12

BAMF+
Was the flooding liquid raw sewage?
No.....these were brand new, never used units.

The travel trailer that showed damage had clay/mud residue with weeds on the undercarriage....the 5th wheel trailers showed NOTHING!!

Our thoughts were the dealer just made an insurance claim on any trailer that was in the vicinity of the flood and Farmers paid it.

This was the trailer my son was interested in....if you zoom in on the tongue, (7th thumbnail)you can see the mud.

It's at $10.2k.......we hooked up power and one slide was inop......it's already past what we'd pay for it because of the uncertainty of the damage.

Last edited:

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Looking at an Ambition 37' currently
Maine guy gets a bunch of atv s side x sides and once in a while 5th wheel trailers from bank repos.
$20,000 for a 2019 unit that sold for $108,000 originally.

Top Bottom