Some of you may remember an "Identify this thing" post...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
...I think from a couple of site crashes back and at least three computers back for me.

The scale/size of the part was the only troubling thing for me, that I don't recall ever being revealed.

It was metal and looked to be an old turbine engine exhaust to me and I recall searching in vain to find an image match to be able to ID the fucking part in question and found nothing definitive or clear enough.
I couldn't recall the type of aircraft it was on either.

But now, the internet is a bit older and I recently came across some images and found out the engine type and what planes in was used on, the DeHaviline Comet and the Sud Aviation Caravelle...
...both using Rolls-Royce Avon turbojet engines and the same exhaust nozzles which appear to have changed over time.

Here are shots that give an idea of the part image I'm talking about.
I wish I could recall who posted the question also I don't remember ever getting an answer on what the damned thing really was...

The other guess was that it might have been a tool for punching out leather or other material but the shape didn't look familiar.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Come on man, I wrote that really slowly so that most everyone would have a chance.

You don't remember the random; "Guess what this thing is" posts where an image would get posted and we had a chance to guess?

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Come on man, I wrote that really slowly so that most everyone would have a chance.

You don't remember the random; "Guess what this thing is" posts where an image would get posted and we had a chance to guess?
Yes. So far, so good.
It was further down memory lane where you lost me.

OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yes. So far, so good.
It was further down memory lane where you lost me.
See the exhaust nozzles on those engines?

It was a circular part, with the same pattern but, the size of the item in the image was left in question.

Shirley, someone recalls that post besides me?

Or maybe it was just a memory from a fevered dream... :confused2:

OP
Wretch

Wretch

amazingly graceful
How in the ever loving hell did you find that?

I need to have some of whatever it is that makes it so easy for you to pull up info the way you do.

I did notice some of the original images don't show anymore though...

...we never did get an answer then either. :neutral:

LE05BUSA

GFY
How in the ever loving hell did you find that?

I need to have some of whatever it is that makes it so easy for you to pull up info the way you do.

I did notice some of the original images don't show anymore though...

...we never did get an answer then either. :neutral:
I searched "turbine" by poster "wretch"

Top Bottom