So, you're a detective and you find out...

BigGar

high on placebo
I've ordered wet okoles seat covers, which I always do regardless of trim.
Amazing how the interior holds up for 6-7 years using covers, and I think they're more comfortable than leather regarding heat/cold.
I have absolutely no understanding how or why anyone would do this.
Keeping shit nice for the next guy?
I know you always do it.
But here I am busting your balls again.

BigGar

high on placebo
I don't want to just get my old stuff back. I want it all to be better somehow. In my head, that'll make it worth going through all this.
You were ready to shell out big bucks for another truck.
Now you're playing with found money :)
I've had great luck with Crutchfield if you're doing the audio yourself.
If you run cable for a backup camera, run two cables at the same time and then you're ready to plug a backup camera into your trailer when you're towing in the second camera port on the head unit.
One of the nicest mods I ever did on the old Gartel 6.
I actually ended up not plugging the trailer camera into the head unit as it came with it's own monitor and I found that easier to deal with. I just put that monitor on the dash and plug it in and it's always on like a bitchin' rear view mirror showing me what's behind the trailer while on the highway or parking the fucker.
I still have access to all of the head unit functions while we're cruising along because they're two separate systems that way.
Running the wire from the dash to the back of the truck is the cunty job, but just as easy to run two while you're suffering.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I know you always do it.
Last time I did NOT do it was on my '01....and my dog wore the rear seat into foam and springs

The 07 was the 1st time I tried the covers and that rear seat took the abuse of 3 dogs over the next 6 years....when the covers came off, the seats looked like new.

No difference in spending the money sooner than later except the covers do not look like covers....they look as good as the OEM seats and protect all the seating surfaces.

This will be the 1st time I'm covering leather....the leather probably looks better than the covers because of the stitching, but I HONESTLY do not like leather.
As a fellow shorts wearing fashion setter, you HAVE to agree with me getting into a 150* car can be painful. The neoprene keeps the temp in the cloth zone....hot or cold.

Here's the before pic.....I did all black on the covers20220724_192753.jpg and will post the after when installed.

Vegas12

BAMF+
I forget you have large dogs that could fuck up a pry bar in a sandbox.

I'll give you a pass.

Drive around with those air conditioned seats long enough and you won't be able to bring yourself to put the covers on.

Hurry up!
Must confess.....no dog since Rhonda.

A/C doesn't help with initial ingress.

I do have the remote start, though......

iDK, just like it when after 6 or 7 years the interior looks like new.....like some high end detailer did his magic (you know the type).....makes it much easier to sell.

So yeah, it is kinda for the next guy.

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
Agreed. I think he wants to imagine one of his cronie cop cousins pulling me over and giving me a cavity search while they gush over my king ranch's VIN #.
And dont worry when you have a reputation like his defense attorneys run for the hills because he is a volcano of unreasonable doubt. He devotes a whole day to the concept for 6 lucky academy hopefuls.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I know you always do it.
I'm with you on this Gar. Why pay extra for the nice interior to just cover it up with seat covers?

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
You were ready to shell out big bucks for another truck.
Now you're playing with found money :)
That's what I keep telling herman ..."we were just going to drop $30k+ on a "new" truck. Now we don't have to!" I'm still getting the side-eye a lot lately! :D

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I'm not sure how exactly, but the theft of my truck and trailer by Timothy Silas of coconut creek Fla is part of this HUGE golf cart theft case that the FBI recently solved. I suspect the guy that was convicted (and only got 2 years!) gave up info on other criminals he knew of to get a lesser sentence. One of them was my truck thief?

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I only got one key when I got the truck back which meant the thief still had a key. For $74 in parts, I just swapped out the ignition and both front door locks. πŸ‘ Now, there isn't a key out there in the world that can open my doors and start my truck.

I figured while I've got the door panels off, might as well put in the new Alpine speakers. πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ When it cools down tonight I might still be motivated enough to put the other set of new Alpine speakers in the rear. It's HOT in the sun today.

IMG_20220919_120649_01.jpg

IMG_20220919_114319.jpg

IMG_20220919_112024.jpg

IMG_20220919_114603.jpg

IMG_20220919_093635_01.jpg

IMG_20220919_100809.jpg

IMG_20220919_100823.jpg

IMG_20220919_104243.jpg

IMG_20220919_110203.jpg

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
This is what the thief did, I believe. It took him 24 minutes from the time he entered my truck until the time he started it and drove away. I think he was being careful to not fuck up his new truck. Someone could likely drill out the lock and slap a new one in much faster than 24 minutes.

Something that super annoying is all the ads they jam into every youtube and FB video nowadays. At first, there were no ads. Then, one and then 2 and now there's a fucking ad every few minutes. WTF?!

Last edited:

Jackshit

BAMF
You are so damn lucky to get that truck back in good condition. And I know you know that.

I'm amazed it was parted out or taken out of the country.

It looks good. You got a lot of grief here for frequently badgering the cops, whether it made any difference on them knowing you as the owner, I don't know. But I would've probably done the same thing.

I just hate a fucking thief.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I really thought the Mexicans got it; in which case it would have disappeared into the world like 'shit said...

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
You are so damn lucky to get that truck back in good condition. And I know you know that.
I do know that. It's weird how we take for granted what we have until it's ripped away from us. Now, I understand that my truck is a status symbol for a few lame ass, low budget criminals and a pot of gold for a parts breaker.

They're gonna need a wrecker or a flatbed (& a death wish) if they wanna steal my truck now.

This is one of 3 cams pointed at it. The super secret roof cam that nobody sees and can't put duct tape on.

I really think he had the front windows tinted. I do not remember them being that dark!?

Last edited:

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I do know that. It's weird how we take for granted what we have until it's ripped away from us. Now, I understand that my truck is a status symbol for a few lame ass, low budget criminals and a pot of gold for a parts breaker.

They're gonna need a wrecker or a flatbed (& a death wish) if they wanna steal my truck now.
Be seein' ya soon... πŸ˜πŸ˜‰

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
The fucker took my edge tuner out, connected it to another truck he stole, tuned it and then put it back in my truck. What the genius didn't know is that you can only "marry" it to 1 vehicle at a time. So, I go to change my tune from stock (which is what is was on and has been on since he stole it) to "extreme" and it tells me it's married to another truck and to put it back in that vehicle, tune that one to stock and then put it back in my truck.

Anyway, it took over an hour on the phone to get my edge tuner unlocked, updated and married to my truck again. Now, I'm in EXTREME MODE again +65hp. I'm so glad he was a dumb leprechaun & it was in stock tune when he stole it. He would have probably overheated the engine and blown the head gaskets otherwise.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
...don't call too many times or he'll ghost ya...seriously...
HAPO since you brought it up if you're talking about many moons ago when you were calling me regularly and wanting to talk for hours... I did finally ghost you because I just didn't have the time to talk on the phone that much. I don't think you understood the situation. it obviously bothered you because you're bringing it up now a couple decades later so let me just tell you that you did call way too much and expect me to talk to you for way too long. maybe going forward in the future you could expect less from people you really don't know. I'm not the bad guy for ghosting you. you're the bad guy for being too needy.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...thanks for the support...at least you never suggested suicide...

...MR always made time to talk back then, and it helped a lot...you actually did too...I can only imagine what I was saying...I was in a total breakdown...

...when I called, I was usually 16 hours rolling down the road with nowhere to go and no motels in sight...no contact with anyone...no destination...

...we have not stayed in touch, but I bet MR would not gloat online that he is glad I lost his number...

...actual friends just say they don't have time to talk now and hang up...

...of course, if it is BV, he will say that and then talk for an hour...LoL...

Last edited:
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
...I was in a total breakdown...
the fact is we weren't actually "friends". We just knew each other through passing on an internet forum. You probably got my phone number when drew doxxed me using his police sources.

I'm sure, if MR or BV we're honest, they'd utter the same sigh of relief that you're no longer such a needy bitch.. or maybe you are? I dunno.

You did pay for my hotel room one night in CT long ago but you made sure to make a big joke to the hotel staff that 2 gay guys were staying there... so that favor washed itself away immediately.

Last edited:
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Sometimes your best friends are the one saying. "you stupid fuck"

Which is why i don't share my problems with many people.
which is why I'm outing hapo for being a needy bitch back then. If he didn't cry about me ghosting him today, I wouldn't have said a word about his needy bitchisms 20 years ago.

It's all about the context. Sure, I'm a dick in hapos twisted head for not wanting listen to him yack for an hour... but the real truth is nobody wants to listen to hapo for an hour... even people that know him and like him.

Vegas12

BAMF+
which is why I'm outing hapo for being a needy bitch back then. If he didn't cry about me ghosting him today, I wouldn't have said a word about his needy bitchisms 20 years ago.

It's all about the context. Sure, I'm a dick in hapos twisted head for not wanting listen to him yack for an hour... but the real truth is nobody wants to listen to hapo for an hour... even people that know him and like him.

That's cold, dude.

Did you ever think for one moment that Walter was attracted to you???

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
BB was on the receiving end of some top shelf karma, don't harsh the universe's mellow over a one line comment you could have easily let roll off your back. My $0.02.
That's a little DEEP. Could you explain it to me as if I was a 5 YRO?

Vegas12

BAMF+
Fuck......this thread had it's ups and downs.....grew some legs....and then promptly turned into a fucking gay Netflix movie.

Fucking drama queensπŸ–•

What's wrong with being gay???

Or being a queen??

Its like the OP is invisible....πŸ˜ͺ

Hapo

Dog Boy
...???...I don't remember it...

...between that and Dr Dinwiddie I thought we hooked you guys up pretty good...leave it to you to look for a way to queer it...

...I really did have a tyme with dear old dad the day we checked out that scooter...I remember asking him to come along as I am inept mechanically...

...I don't think you are "outing" my state of mind back then...LoL...I had just lost everything...a few people here listened to me...Viol8r took me under his roof...

...sorry I mistook you for a friend...looking back I can see you are correct...you never were...the correct term might be opportunist...

Last edited:
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
...???...I don't remember it...

...between that and Dr Dinwiddie I thought we hooked you guys up pretty good...leave it to you to look for a way to queer it...

...I really did have a tyme with dear old dad the day we checked out that scooter...I remember asking him to come along as I am inept mechanically...

...I don't think you are "outing" my state of mind back then...LoL...I had just lost everything...a few people here listened to me...Viol8r took me under his roof...

...sorry I mistook you for a friend...looking back I can see you are correct...you never were...the correct term might be opportunist...
well it wasn't like you got me a free surgery for the dog that I had just taken in from Labusas. the dog that was walking on three legs and nobody bothered to mention that to us before we agreed to take him in. you basically just gave us a referral to your veterinarian which we appreciated but honestly there are veterinarians in our area that we didn't have to drive all the way to Connecticut and stay overnight in some fleabag motel and put up with your gay jokes.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
how was I an opportunist? and how would I know you just lost everything? you're such a drama queen needy bitch. all you wanted to do is yak on the phone like an old fucking maid. I'm a man. men don't yack on the phone or get taken under some other man's roof. you got to stand up and be a man stop being a little cry ass bitch

Top Bottom