So will Labusas be banned?

nomad

BAMF
Just cancelled my Amazon Prime membership

Looking to move my google services elsewhere but that's not an easy one

Will be dumping my iPhone and Mac

Fuck all of them
Woa... Respect Lucky!!!

I tell everyone DONT BUY ME ANYTHING THROUGH AMAZON cos ill send it back. It is hard, but there are many online sites that cater to specific markets

Every dolllar you spend with Amazon is a vote for more of this shit cos voting is done wiht dollars not ballot slips

This site should be locked down members only not visible to the public.

Based on the climate today - that would be wise.
Woa!! +100 on that!

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
There is no logical reason to leave it open. The site doesn't depend on traffic or ad and traffic generated revenue. As best I can tell it isn't hunting for new members.

Mostly it is just old friends sharing private stories.

I honestly can't see a single reason it should be viewable to the public.

Convince me that I'm wrong.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
There is no logical reason to leave it open. The site doesn't depend on traffic or ad and traffic generated revenue. As best I can tell it isn't hunting for new members.

Mostly it is just old friends sharing private stories.

I honestly can't see a single reason it should be viewable to the public.

Convince me that I'm wrong.
You are right... Its time to lose our vanity

BigGar

high on placebo
I think we might be more attractive to prying eyes if we did shut the door. I imagine anyone stumbling on this place by accident or on purpose will see our drivel and quickly click away. It's a great big internet out there. I'd rather not give anyone reason to be curious. I can still discuss it with the pentaverate.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I think we might be more attractive to prying eyes if we did shut the door. I imagine anyone stumbling on this place by accident or on purpose will see our drivel and quickly click away. It's a great big internet out there. I'd rather not give anyone reason to be curious. I can still discuss it with the pentaverate.
Not an emoji here to make it right

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Just cancelled my Amazon Prime membership

Looking to move my google services elsewhere but that's not an easy one

Will be dumping my iPhone and Mac

Fuck all of them

Now if everyone had a brain... They would do the same.
For the lefties on this forum....you will become awake v soon.

You thought this was about TRUMP!?

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
pentaverate. huh...? i had to look it up... figured it had sumthin' to do with 5...

People or companies that own the cloud services are the people that will banned who ever they want.

You will no longer have control of your data and info.

Best thing to do now is find a web hosting website and server and services that is not owned by Amazon, google, Apple etc.

BigGar

high on placebo
I think my main concern of late about this is that if the Pentaverate becomes legally responsible for what you monkeys post, there won't be a need to "ban" LABusas. LABusas will cease to be as the thought of having to lawyer up because of stupid shit that was posted by a member makes being an "owner" of this place highly unattractive. Currently, that's not a rule anywhere on the internet as far as I know, but if dear leader(s) decides Facebook or Twitter or anyone else can be held responsible for the idiotic shit their members post online, then so can we. That's when this goes away.

OP
fish_antlers
Website
www.bikeland.org
I don't see a connection between the content being viewable to members only vs public as a liability legally. They are not related. If you have an issue force an agree to new terms of service. None of this is that hard. Seems odd to bring that up. I don't see how any of it is related, but 300 bots lurking the site and sniffing our shit should be a way bigger concern for everyone.

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
I don't see a connection between the content being viewable to members only vs public as a liability legally. They are not related. If you have an issue force an agree to new terms of service. None of this is that hard. Seems odd to bring that up. I don't see how any of it is related, but 300 bots lurking the site and sniffing our shit should be a way bigger concern for everyone.
Not to those who hold the keys.. Yet again... Why is it such a big deal to force people to at least register...

nomad

BAMF
I think my main concern of late about this is that if the Pentaverate becomes legally responsible for what you monkeys post, there won't be a need to "ban" LABusas. LABusas will cease to be as the thought of having to lawyer up because of stupid shit that was posted by a member makes being an "owner" of this place highly unattractive. Currently, that's not a rule anywhere on the internet as far as I know, but if dear leader(s) decides Facebook or Twitter or anyone else can be held responsible for the idiotic shit their members post online, then so can we. That's when this goes away.
If that is the concern, there are many ways to legally deal with that "risk".
The real question is who "owns" LAB and what is their role now the founder is gone? There is no legal precedent I know of for holding moderators legally responsible for site content. That would imply all of Wikipedias huge base of moderators are responsible for each article.

If the first warning shot from some govt spook agancy is going to cause this place to fold up, turn tail and run like squaking chickens, then put the rsponsibility with someone that will man up to the task and stand tall against US censorship. Its not hard.

This is 1st amendment issue. Its covered by the constitution.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
There's a way around that issue that involves a piece of paper but, I think around that time the smell of cordite and gunpowder will be more of a concern...

...for the lawyers.

Top Bottom