So why are 4-stroke dirt bikes badass? Two-strokes ruled...

r1racer

BAM
Year 1976, rode this to the ministry at age 16 and got my bike license. A 1974 Canam 250TNT.
Yes, I am officially old, but, still riding unlike some schmucks here who post about eating.View attachment 39082
your Can Am brings back fond memories.... picking up my cousin's friend's ke100 for $275 when I was ~12 years old (saved every dam penny I had to get it!) & outgrew the briggs powered mini-bike....

and no, I didn't armour all the tires and seat like some newbie....

75ke100.png

Last edited:

agri

BAMF
One of these came up for sale here last year.
It was mint and sold for $2000 with a road plate.
Those also like Canam are a rotary valve. Would be a cool bike in the city.
Up here we can still get the beta's road plated and for some reason a few of the KTM's.

agri

BAMF
LOL
come on, post a picture of a hamburger or lasagna

If I ever stop riding and start posting shit about what I ate, fuck, I hope someone puts a pillowcase over my head.
Rode the FJ09 in today, taking Wednesday off on Canada Day and going dirt biking.
okay,okay, there is an excellent chip truck I will stop at after the ride. That's as far as I will go.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Year 1976, rode this to the ministry at age 16 and got my bike license. A 1974 Canam 250TNT.
Yes, I am officially old, but, still riding unlike some schmucks here who post about eating.View attachment 39082
A friend of mine borrowed one of those 250 Enduros from another buddy of mine so he could get his roadracing license in 1987. I watched him ride that day and couldn't believe how fast it was. He was running in F Prod against RD250 Yamahas. Turns out the owner had installed the Rotary Valve from an MXer....that fucker would rip!!

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
What do you guys know about that 2015 KTM 450 SXF? I am really thinking about getting it.

agri

BAMF
The 74 TNT 250 was rated at 29hp.
Not bad for the time. We put the MX valve in a 350(actually a 290), it was to pipey and we switched back, but it was fast.
1st dirt bike, a 72 CZ Jawa 250. 4 speed with kick starter on the left. It was loud and pretty well the ugliest bike ever made.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
Risk versus return...I've got real stories of real friends blowing up their 4 stroke dirt bikes because they stretched the maintenance interval. Not punk kids, highly educated professional folks who ride MX on weekends....your opinion is yours and works for you. These things are very complex engines, the bikes cost WAY too much, require more/expensive maintenance. I've owned and ridden the shit out of both....I sold my 4 stroke and very much enjoy riding my 2-stroke...if I overshoot maintenance, no biggie, it won't explode, it'll just wind down in performance...
So explain how nitrous oxide increases horsepower.

r1racer

BAM
What do you guys know about that 2015 KTM 450 SXF? I am really thinking about getting it.
My buddy has the 2018 ktm 350 sxf (middle).... I'm not enamored with the power delivery in NE woods.... had really good oem suspension though... then again I'm a beta snob.

0217201434c.jpg

• WTF
Reactions: Red

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
My buddy has the 2018 ktm 350 sxf (middle).... I'm not enamored with the power delivery in NE woods.... had really good oem suspension though... then again I'm a beta snob.

View attachment 39100
Thanks! Apparently it makes 60HP which is 5 more than the KXF.

I guess my draw to that bike is the know history and it’s condition. From what I am reading many guys don’t like them as trail bikes. Then again that can be said of any MX bike. I honestly have only ridden MX bikes on the trails and don’t mind at all.

r1racer

BAM
Thanks! Apparently it makes 60HP which is 5 more than the KXF.

I guess my draw to that bike is the know history and it’s condition. From what I am reading many guys don’t like them as trail bikes. Then again that can be said of any MX bike. I honestly have only ridden MX bikes on the trails and don’t mind at all.
so much depends on the terrain... mx bikes can be a blast in the right conditions.... 2 stroke mx bikes are the benchmark for x-games....

if it's in your price range give the italian princess a look.... or seek man's best friend.....

0227.jpg

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
That's beautiful! Nice work!! Tell me more!! Fak!!
I found 2 interesting engines:

And a thread about the engine in the original pic...at of all places, Recreational Flying. :lol:

Top Bottom