So what the fuck is the deal with the Harley guys going from shop to shop?

chuck356

BAMF
This last week, two of my friends took vacations and all they post on Farcebook is "I was at this shop". One guy boasted is was the 150th shop he had visited? So what is the big deal? I would get a few people come in my shop a and announce they were on the road and wanted (not needed) to stop in my shop just to stop in (and make me drop what I was doing). So I get to listen to their stories as my other customer's job sits...........

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
This last week, two of my friends took vacations and all they post on Farcebook is "I was at this shop". One guy boasted is was the 150th shop he had visited? So what is the big deal? I would get a few people come in my shop a and announce they were on the road and wanted (not needed) to stop in my shop just to stop in (and make me drop what I was doing). So I get to listen to their stories as my other customer's job sits...........
Seen or smelled 1 shop... you seen them all. Except the legendary JunkYard™. Literal junk yard in the parking lot and around
here shit would be picked clean for parts.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
I never posted on social media that I went to a Harley shop. But 20 years ago if I was out of state, I'd stop at a dealership if I had time, and pick up a t-shirt with the dealership name on the back.

I have a few that Cisco San Jose Cisco San Jose sent to me many years ago.
Now I'm too fat for my Harley shirts and probably wouldn't wear them in public even if they fit, other than maybe to Home Depot.

My middle daughter raided a bin of Harley shirts I had in the basement.
The oldest shirts (30+ years) fit her. I think it's cool she wears them occasionally. 🤷‍♂️

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I never posted on social media that I went to a Harley shop. But 20 years ago if I was out of state, I'd stop at a dealership if I had time, and pick up a t-shirt with the dealership name on the back.

I have a few that Cisco San Jose Cisco San Jose sent to me many years ago.
Now I'm too fat for my Harley shirts and probably wouldn't wear them in public even if they fit, other than maybe to Home Depot.

My middle daughter raided a bin of Harley shirts I had in the basement.
The oldest shirts (30+ years) fit her. I think it's cool she wears them occasionally. 🤷‍♂️
Wife was bitching at me the other day aboot me wearing stuff I owned 25+ years ago. I said "what's the problem, they still fit", she said because they are all old and dated, and out of style. My style is chic homeless. She also says I need to by a new truck because mind is 15 years old... with 19,500 miles on it.

Vicious_Cycle

they/them - LABusas Road Captain
Wife was bitching at me the other day aboot me wearing stuff I owned 25+ years ago. I said "what's the problem, they still fit", she said because they are all old and dated, and out of style. My style is chic homeless. She also says I need to by a new truck because mind is 15 years old... with 19,500 miles on it.
I should call her and ask if she will sell it to me. :up:
My wife is the opposite. She drives a beautiful 2005 LeSabre, and is perfectly happy with it. I've managed to keep transportation expenses to a minimum over the past 28 years of us being together.

Master-Cylinder

My wife is the opposite. She drives a beautiful 2005 LeSabre, and is perfectly happy with it. I've managed to keep transportation expenses to a minimum over the past 28 years of us being together.
All my stuff will be up for sale, when I croak.

WARREN

BAMF+
Great vehicle to lay down in when the drag races get to be too much. 😁

snapper

BAM
They buy a tee shirt in every town they break down in.

OP

chuck356

BAMF
Harley shops have free coffee and stuff.
We used to have this one TW that came over once a week after he delivered next door, always ran his mouth and never spent a penny. He walks in one day and asks "what's free today" and Joe told him "a cup of hot piss and an ass whippin'". We never had to deal with him again!

RollieFree

BAMF
I used to love hitting the HD shops in the 70’s. They weren’t corporate cartoons then. Mom and Pop shops with used bikes, pegboards with accessories, t shirts in black or white only. Glass counter with carbs and performance stuff. New bikes with a sticker on the seat saying “please sit on me.” That was a fun fucking time for me. Couldn’t wait to get my own.
RF

Terry_Schiavo

Scrap Bracket magazine cover model
I used to love hitting the HD shops in the 70’s. They weren’t corporate cartoons then. Mom and Pop shops with used bikes, pegboards with accessories, t shirts in black or white only. Glass counter with carbs and performance stuff. New bikes with a sticker on the seat saying “please sit on me.” That was a fun fucking time for me. Couldn’t wait to get my own.
RF
Shit not where I lived. The Harley shops were typically detached garages of single family dwellings with long driveways. There was a Harley dealer on one of the highways... but I couldnt quite visit them as a young kid. I wanted one of those Aermacci?? dirtbikes. The local motorcycle shop by me was a Triumph, BSA/Norton, MotoGuzzi, Ducati, BMW, Puch, Hodaka, Maico, Husky, and Jawa (and who knows what else) dealer. There were probably more brands I just cant remember them all as the sign was plastered with OEM brand marquis. Even spelled the name English style...lol Flaim Cycle Centre. It was a 4 story residential house that was converted. What a hoarders mess... but now I am happy I got to see those bikes as new units sitting in a show (living)room.
What was funny to me is Ive always regarded the Japanese Big 4 as the originators/innovators... mostly because they offered products I actually wanted to ride. My buddy worked at the local shop so I was always getting the good deals. I was a big consumer of 2T oil. The head mechanic was an ex junkie who could only legally ride a moped in the State of NJ. Well you can imagine he had a couple capable of 75mph...lol. He was a great guy that the shop owner took advantage of while out on his addiction sabaticals. Eventually the mechanic opened his own place a few miles away in a cool basement space and NJ changed the laws about mopeds but by then he had gotten his DL back. He really encouraged us to modify or customize our bikes. He was tickled at my ability to obtain moped legal registration for MB5s, AR80s, and XL80s, 100s, 125s. Being he didnt want to poke the bear I did a couple for him as a favor.

No life people just following what is cool or what they see others do, since they have no mind of their own to decide their faith in life.

I follow no one, listen to good advice but create my own journey in life, followers never learn to lead and leaders say FU and get out of my way.

The other thing with those assholes, they will not ride their heap without a Harley shirt or jacket on. Ever.
A good friend of mine used to call then "trick or treaters" because they wear black and orange all the time.
Or 2 percenters......wtf? "Because they only use 2% of their brain" he said.
He used to like to punk on them with his VTX1800. He would line up with a Harley guy and just be totally obnoxious, then of course blow them away in the inevitable speed challenge.

Master-Cylinder

These guys had actually planned a trip to a destination, but need to make sure they can actually make the entire trip. So they plan on stopping at every Harley dealer on the way for repairs.
Aboot like driving a fucking Tesla across the country, you have to plan your route by charging stations.

Master-Cylinder

I have a Guy at work rides 3 1/2 miles shows up at 9:am and has chaps on...i arrive at 5:35 in shorts and T-Shirt

I let him borrow my Vespa for two days to practice for the motorcycle test at the DMV and He Failed it 3 times

said with out a clutch he could not control the speed..." REAR BRAKE MOTHER FUCKER"View attachment 66939
My Vespa has a clutch lever and a four speed manual trans. He should have tried one of those death traps.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
I rode the Indian in shorts, sandals and no helmet to the winery. Drank a bottle and rode home. It happens.
RF
i do love the looks i get when someone recognizes the Busa ...

and all i am wearing is a smile and my LAB'ed patched Vanson...

and some decent boots and gloves...

and i'm not a phreak... i keep my well groomed Family Gewlz in a DOT rated safety net...
Leather Safety Net, Male Chastity Belt with an*l Plug, BDSM Toys

Top Bottom