So, if moving to California.......

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
Okay look, french fries in burritos SHOULD be forced onto all states and cities world wide. It's a thing you know.

• Red
Reactions: Red

BigGar

high on placebo
Well, you should'a bought something in 2020, as it's gone nothing but ballistic since. House across the street listed at what I thought was a crazy 679K and sold within hours for 750K. People are out of their fucking minds. I should probably sell but at this point in my life, I'm home to stay I think. Probably smartest move is to wait for this all to crash and burn, and roll into town with cash C. Dolan style. It's most likely another clown world bubble, or maybe the dollar continues crash and real estate will continue to skyrocket. Anybody's guess at this point.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Well, you should'a bought something in 2020, as it's gone nothing but ballistic since. House across the street listed at what I thought was a crazy 679K and sold within hours for 750K. People are out of their fucking minds. I should probably sell but at this point in my life, I'm home to stay I think. Probably smartest move is to wait for this all to crash and burn, and roll into town with cash C. Dolan style. It's most likely another clown world bubble, or maybe the dollar continues crash and real estate will continue to skyrocket. Anybody's guess at this point.

House, your trailer, bikes.....EVERYTHING is so overinflated.

You know when the bubble bursts we're all going to say we shoulda coulda......

LuxPride

BAMF
Another off the beaten path location not mentioned is the Santa Maria - Central Coast area. Orcutt, Santa Maria, Nipomo. It's close to Santa Barbara, mild climate, lots of farmland, solid roads in the hills of Santa Ynez. It was "country" when I lived in Santa Barbara. I always found it to be a hidden gem, great weather (a bit cooler than LA and OC because it's a bit farther north) rough non-toursty beaches, not too far from LA or SF for that matter. It seemed like people were always sleeping on the area in general. I have no doubt it's caught on as a great place to live but it never seemed to make it to anyone's "top 10" list so it stayed hidden in plain sight.

Outside of Sacramento, Grass Valley and Marysville also seemed like a quality place to live. Not too far from the Sierra Nevada's, hot as fuck in the summer, but the Delta life seems to help with that.

Further up the cost would be Mendicino, gorgeous area, tons of trees, good mountain roads, but it's wayyy of the beaten path. Much more rain than So-cal but it rewards with greenery.

Just food for thought to keep it interesting.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Having been born and raised in Walnut Creek, which was a great place to grow up…there is probably nothing that could get me to move back to Cali.
I certainly understand why people want to live there but the Progressive Liberals made it a undesirable place to live for me.

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
Having been born and raised in Walnut Creek, which was a great place to grow up…there is probably nothing that could get me to move back to Cali.
I certainly understand why people want to live there but the Progressive Liberals made it a undesirable place to live for me.
Add in high taxes, high gas prices, high home prices, crowded roads, crowded stores, and rampant crime in the big cities, and I'm not sure why anyone would want to move here.

I'm in Tustin. The average cost of a two bedroom condo is up around $550,000 to $600,000. And that ain't pesos.

Bandit Man

BAMF
Santa Maria area is being flooded with cash right now. Big houses on small lots are taking over. Even the best steak place Jocko's has went yuppie. The area lost it's charm for sure.

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com

^^This^^ Houses in my neighborhood are going crazy. Over $800k now. They list at one price and then get multiple bidders and the selling price is always way over list. It's nuts.

Red

BAMF
Website
www.WestCoastSportbikes.oRg
I hear walking tours
of the bottom of lake mead
are about to become popular . . .

:wacko3:

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Very few bugs on the coast. Closer to the ocean you are, the fewer the bugs get.
Bad part is, temps near the ocean are on average 7-9 degrees cooler than a mere few miles up going north.

Meaning cool comfortable summers and a nice constant breeze.
I wouldn t live (or visit) Commifornia if you paid me

WP

Color Belt Judo Guy
Don't forget the Lobsterfest :)
The nearest lobster dropoff is 3/4 mile down my road. The next neerest one is about 2 miles in the other direction.
Picked up 6 lobsters for my old man and a visitor we had, paid $6/lb (per lobster) for soft shell freshies.

The more we go into the fall the cheaper they get. Last yr in sept/oct they were 5 bucks a pound.

Mr Lucky

The Voice Of Reason...
Next door to Chris. He might even have an extra motorcycle for you to exercise...

And mountain roads? Oh yeahhh....

If you've upped your budget to $600K, then maybe something in Escondido. Alpine is going to be colder in the Winter. (I think it gets snow, but not sure.) Escondido is closer to civilization. But you can be in the hills in 20 mins. add another 15 mins and you're at Palomar...
You can't live next door to Chris. He owns next door. And the door next to that. And next to that. And that. That...

Top Bottom