So I moved away from Grom now into Benelli TNT 135 mini-motorcycle

I will be traveling to Las Vegas and having my Green Benelli Tnt 135 upgraded to a 450cc. 6 speed, water cooled all day long 100+ mph riding no more blowing up my engine like a grom.

My friend Mike will be doing my work since he has done a couple of the TNT in the USA

My Green one will be upgraded to the 450cc

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP
Cisco San Jose
gonna sell the groms then?
Nope going to keep them and maybe send one of them to Hilo Hawaii. I had JE pistons make me 4 custom 4v forged pistons because my Takegawa CAST pistons kept coming apart at 80mph or when the temps on the engine got up to 290-300F causing engine failure

• WTF
OP
Cisco San Jose
what size are they each in stock form?
In stock form the engine are 135cc, 4v head, 5 speed with external oil cooler on board, 11hp

Mike Davis in Las Vegas has already built a CX3 CSC adventure motorcycle engine which is a 250cc with a 300cc cylinder and piston BBK kit installed and has seen the transplant engine do 95+ mph but for the same price you can buy a CX4 adventure engine from CSC of southern California you get a 450cc with about 42hp in the TNT frame and is 20 lbs more than the stock 135cc engine.

Mike has built two 450cc Benelli TNT in the whole USA and one 300cc Benelli TNT and mine's will be the third in the USA.

I got tired of fixing and dropping my Grom engines and I met Mike Davis on the internet because he also has been building Groms, SSR, and other mini-motorcycles and he has found the right combo that works where you don't have to worry about tearing down your engine every month.

The transplant engine will cost me around $2,469 plus buying the water hose for the engine and throttle body and inlet tube and you will have a new engine that will need it's first valve adjustment at 8000 miles.

The radiator will be custom mounted and the TNT frame will have min cutting and only one bracket welded in place and the engine will we mounted properly compared to a Honda Grom with a transplanted 300cc engine with only 28-30hp and a bunch of custom made frame plate and throttle body parts and cut and solder wire harness.

Mike has already seen 100-120mph using the stock 12" size tires with upgraded Keyspeed Grom rear swing arm modified to fit the 14mm rear axle and upgraded the sprockets and chain to a 520 chain and running about 14/35 sprocket setup and all day long riding 80-90-100-120mph with no engine problem. he did upgraded the radiator to a SV635 radiator for better cooling for the Las Vegas Temps.

The Transplant engine uses the same wire harness that comes with the 2020 TNT 135 and you can even use the Aracer mini 5 ECU that is used for the TNT 135 engine that way you can adjust the A/F and fuel map via your smart device or iphone.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Nice to go fast on a small bike and surprise the shit out of cagers to.

My Honda Grom is pretty fast and I've surprised a lot of Harley riders and sport bike riders but this TNT with the 450 transplant will put a bigger smile on my face.

OP
Cisco San Jose
sounds good
Yep out with the old and in with the new, my old 2014 yellow/white with Takegawa 181-4v port/polish engine with 15/15D cam, HD Kitaco crank and rod, Takegawa 5 speed transmission, Kitaco cam chain tensioner arm with GFZ adjustable cam chain adjuster, Aracer mini 5 ECU, Koso 34mm throttle body with 8 hole F/I unit, head port matched to the exhaust and intake tube, external oil cooler, 17/32 sprocket setup, Finbro full exhaust system, Sex machine clutch system, Takegawa full oil catch can "Crank Case Vent system", ceramic wheel bearings front and rear, lipo battery system, all bulbs replaced with LED bulbs. 140/70-12 rear 120/70-12 front tires. Fast Grom but always engine failure.

2014 Red/White grom same spec engine and mods

I spent more into each of those Grom engines than I will with a CSC CX4 engine that I will buy new.

• WTF
OP
Cisco San Jose
And what's to become of MonkeyFather? You're just gonna bail on him?
Monkey father knows about Mike Davis Benelli TNT 135 engine transplant project, in fact Monkey Father makes a Grom frame that sets the transplant 300cc honda engine in it's up right position not like the Steady Garage bracket engine setup where the engine is tilled forward causing front end weight and possible motorcycle handling problems and also causing the owner of the Grom to also mount a rear chain guide sprocket unit that helps keep the chain off the swing arm. The extra sprocket causes extra maintenance and chain noise. Plus the HP is down to 30hp vers the CX4 has 40.2hp.

The vendors that will be affected will be GromFatherZ of the US, or any vendors that deal with Honda Grom parts or after market parts or Z125 parts because cost per cost for a BBK kit engine vers a Benelli TNT transplant is way cheaper for the Benelli owners of the 125/135.

The market that will open up will be vendors that make special carbon fiber wheels in 12" or 13" dia for the Benelli TNT and the tire manufacturers that will build tires that will handle that high speed for a mini-motorcycle. Right now the only two companies I can think off that has good high speed tires are Michelin Power Pure scooter tires 140/70-12 rear, 120/70-12 fronts and Shinko 007 tires and for the track use there are tires already made for that.

Other open market will be better brake units and brake pads for the TNT and a better made rear swing arm to help support the transplant engine right now we have to use Keyspeed swing arm because it has real bearings in the arm and is designed correctly with the added brace. The Benelli TNT swing arm does not have the correct setup at the moment to support the transplant engine and later on down the line someone might come up with a solution for that.

OP
Cisco San Jose
Are they charging shipping for the engine fr9m L.A. to Vegas?
I will be working with CSC on the shipping and also the buying of my new CX4 motor and the parts I will need such as the radiator hoses, throttle body and inlet tube, and some other minor parts.

I believe the motor will be shipped to me than I will transport the bike and new motor to Las Vegas and drop off the bike and wait 2 months and go back and pick up the Benelli and any parts removed from my bike such as the Benelli swingarm, rear fender, 135cc motor.

If you go onto Benelli TNT 135 owners FaceBook page and look up Mike Davis he has a video of him testing the bike in Las Vegas going pass the 100mph and not even in 5th gear yet and he is being followed by a charger that is trying to keep up with his Benelli. Mike's TNT CX3 transplant with the 300cc BBK kit has been tested via GPS hitting 98mph and that bike was sold to one of his friend in LV.

For the money and time put into a Grom BBK kit bike vers a Benelli TNT 135 engine transplant the Benelli hands down wins by cost and reliability of the engine where you don't have to be worried about engine failure or over heating because it is water cooled, 6 speed and works with the stock Benelli TNT 125/135 wire harness that is already on the frame and with a little mod for the rear tail light electrical connection and maybe a electrical fan setup up front for the radiator, its a win win for the mini-bike world

Top Bottom