So, I had a heart attack a couple of weeks back...

RZ350

BAMF+
Woke up, felt fine but as soon as I got out of bed and stood up it felt like a CBX engine was sitting on my chest...

Thought it was odd that acid reflux could be that bad, mixed up some baking soda and water, drank it, felt worse.

I thought it couldn't be my heart because it was pain dead center in the upper part of my chest, I wrongly assumed my heart was somewhere else... ;)

Checked my BP, 236 over 162, oh shit! Chewed an aspirin, took my BP meds and 1mg of Xanax , I though it was the mother of all panic attacks.

BP started dropping, 24 minutes later was back to normal, I thought it was a muscle spasm or something because I felt ok by then.

Called my doc told them what happened, they insisted that I go to the ER stat, I said no, just a muscle spasm or so I thought, they convinced me to go to the clinic for EKG, bloodwork, etc, so far, so good...

An hour later I get a frantic call telling me to get to the ER right the fuck now, said bloodwork showed heart attackage, I said "shit..." ;)

Get to ER, they take blood, wire me up, pump a bunch of stuff into me, take more blood, watching troponin T level, which apparently was high.

Level finally came down, they said cardiac catheterization is the next step, ended up with two stents in my LAD which apparently was restricted 75%

Was in hospital 3 days, I hate hospitals, just saw the cardiologist today, he said everything is great now, come back in 6 months.

I've lost 6 pounds since then and will lose more, and quit drinking, that's my story for today...

Vegas12

BAMF+
WOW!!

Do have any other medical conditions or family hx besides the hypertension??

Or was this just totally random???

Hope you're feeling better...

Truth

Busa Riding Old Bass
Good to see you made it through that shit....
Hell of a way to start a day.
Take care

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Woke up, felt fine but as soon as I got out of bed and stood up it felt like a CBX engine was sitting on my chest...

Thought it was odd that acid reflux could be that bad, mixed up some baking soda and water, drank it, felt worse.

I thought it couldn't be my heart because it was pain dead center in the upper part of my chest, I wrongly assumed my heart was somewhere else... ;)

Checked my BP, 236 over 162, oh shit! Chewed an aspirin, took my BP meds and 1mg of Xanax , I though it was the mother of all panic attacks.

BP started dropping, 24 minutes later was back to normal, I thought it was a muscle spasm or something because I felt ok by then.

Called my doc told them what happened, they insisted that I go to the ER stat, I said no, just a muscle spasm or so I thought, they convinced me to go to the clinic for EKG, bloodwork, etc, so far, so good...

An hour later I get a frantic call telling me to get to the ER right the fuck now, said bloodwork showed heart attackage, I said "shit..." ;)

Get to ER, they take blood, wire me up, pump a bunch of stuff into me, take more blood, watching troponin T level, which apparently was high.

Level finally came down, they said cardiac catheterization is the next step, ended up with two stents in my LAD which apparently was restricted 75%

Was in hospital 3 days, I hate hospitals, just saw the cardiologist today, he said everything is great now, come back in 6 months.

I've lost 6 pounds since then and will lose more, and quit drinking, that's my story for today...
Dude you dealt with it like a champ...
If you had a stroke the only symptom would be your balls dropping further.

Sorry about the having to quit drinking...
I tend to play games when im on the wagon... Lol russian roulette.

OP
RZ350

RZ350

BAMF+
Totally random, first heart problem in our family that anyone can recall...

LAD artery wasn't clogged, it was narrowed, doc said stress, high bp are factors, I have both, actually BP was very low today, they modified my meds to raise it.

I gained 31 pounds since 2017 and drank a bit of vodka, never smoked cigarettes ever.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Damn Troy, I'm glad you're ok. That's scary as hell.

I had a catheterization procedure a couple of years of so ago, piece of cake. No stents though.

OP
RZ350

RZ350

BAMF+
Fingers are still good!

Wasn't going to post anything until I lived until the first cardiologist checkup, when you see my wife post my demise you'll know things may have got worse! 😉☺

OP
RZ350

RZ350

BAMF+
Yeah, the RZ is a tough one, I started writing who got which guitars and amps, motorcycles etc while laying in hospital bed, left a message not to sell my '68 Stratocaster for 50 bucks.... ;)

scottcolbath

BAMF+

Glad you're alive to tell the story. Get well ASAP.

S.C.

The LAD is sometimes nicknamed the "widow maker". It's the primary vessel that feeds the territory surrounding the left ventricle, the main pumping chamber of the heart, so if that goes down, so does the pump. Sorta like if the oil pump clogged while the engine is at redline.

Glad you made it through. Take your meds religiously :up:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
RZ, glad it wasn't "The Big One". Now walk it off!
I put notes on a lot of my stuff years ago stating what it was, how much it should be worth, and who to contact aboot getting it. Mostly HRC parts and racebikes.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
damn sorry to hear you had to go through all that but glad you got off your stubborn ass and got checked out.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I weighed 129 in 2005 at Bonneville, that was actually slightly underweight for me, 145-155 is pretty good for my height...
I weighed that in the 80s... playing peewee football as a tight end. I still have the tight rear just not the position! :D I graduated HS at 147. I can still fit into my old wrestling singlet! :D

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Fuckin' Aye on cheating death! 👍

The proper etiquette is letting us know before you die so as not to be inconsiderate.

Pleased you didn't join your finger tips.

gsxrian

BAMF
56 years old, 188 pounds, ideal weight would be 150, I see the doc twice yearly since 2015.
Try and lose the weight.

I am 57 and 137 lbs, but used to be 185 lbs a few years ago and feel a LOT better having dumped the weight!

Water and walking is the key.

NORTY

BAMF
Dude you dealt with it like a champ...
If you had a stroke the only symptom would be your balls dropping further.

Sorry about the having to quit drinking...
I tend to play games when im on the wagon... Lol russian roulette.
Ironically, the OP was playing "Russian roulette" too.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Glad to hear you survived it. Specially noticing what was going on and got to the docs ASAP. most people will survive a heart attack if they get to a hospital at the very first sign of the attack.

Just went through a complete heart work up and suprising no conditions to speak of.. even wore a monitor for a week, did a dye cat scan, artery check, sono gram, full stress test, and carotid arteries where checked. All showed to be a excellent condition.

The director of NYU cardio department is my heart doc and he is one direct fucker... he got me on a no carb diet and said "you are not on my table yet, but if you keep carrying the weight you are its not IF its when you will be on my table... ignore my advice and you will be on the slab in the basment" so down 22 pounds since that talk.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Glad to hear you survived it. Specially noticing what was going on and got to the docs ASAP. most people will survive a heart attack if they get to a hospital at the very first sign of the attack.

Just went through a complete heart work up and suprising no conditions to speak of.. even wore a monitor for a week, did a dye cat scan, artery check, sono gram, full stress test, and carotid arteries where checked. All showed to be a excellent condition.

The director of NYU cardio department is my heart doc and he is one direct fucker... he got me on a no carb diet and said "you are not on my table yet, but if you keep carrying the weight you are its not IF its when you will be on my table... ignore my advice and you will be on the slab in the basment" so down 22 pounds since that talk.
Similar situation for me regarding the testing, etc. I actually had a catheterization performed, one 10% blockage, one 5% blockage, rest were 0% blockage. Heart doc said it's beneficial to be of Mediterranean descent, so I think we both got that going for us :wink:

califblue

BAMF
RZ...Lucky Man...and you were smart to make the call to your Dr.

Had a Good Friend retired Fire Captain from Ventura 65 years old he just got back from Sturgis for the 5th time with his wife they were going on a Sunset ride from Thousand Oaks to Rincon. He went to check air pressure in the Motorcycle his wife went to go ask when they were going to go ...he was dead on the floor. He had a dr. appointment set for a week out...it could have been prevented he just pulled a week short

Last edited:
Top Bottom