So how long does you phone's battery last on a charge?

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I purchased a OnePlus 6 a while back and I'm amazed at how long the battery lasts. Gone are the days that you have to worry about getting through a day on a charge. I'm not a super heavy user of my phone, but I do spend a decent amount of time on it each day. This phone goes more than three days on a charge. That's with browsing facebook and instagram, texting, messaging, streaming music and tracking work outs and runs with endomondo. This morning I had gone three days without a charge and still had 12 hours left in the battery, I probably could have gone another day without charging. The best part is when I do charge it, it only takes about 20 minutes to get a full charge.

Screenshot_20190110-062300.jpg

ysr_racer

12 gauge matzo ball shooter
I purchased a OnePlus 6 a while back and I'm amazed at how long the battery lasts. Gone are the days that you have to worry about getting through a day on a charge. I'm not a super heavy user of my phone, but I do spend a decent amount of time on it each day. This phone goes more than three days on a charge. That's with browsing facebook and instagram, texting, messaging, streaming music and tracking work outs and runs with endomondo. This morning I had gone three days without a charge and still had 12 hours left in the battery, I probably could have gone another day without charging. The best part is when I do charge it, it only takes about 20 minutes to get a full charge.

View attachment 15493
Long enough to get thru that wall of text :)

Paragraphs are your friend.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
On my five year old flip phone? Aboot 1.5 days if I don't use it. and I don't, so 1.5 days. I know, I just like to be helpful.:ducmanic:

roadczar

BAMF
Website
www.roadczar.com
Galaxy S8+
When I first got it, I could stretch it two full days and have some left over. After year and a half I get 40% by end of day.

OP
OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
Not so long ago having a removable battery was a feature some couldn't live without. Phones wouldn't last a day without charging.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
Not so long ago having a removable battery was a feature some couldn't live without. Phones wouldn't last a day without charging.
was hard to give up my S5 where you could add a 5000mAh battery real easy! You could use that mofo all day during the weekend and not charge til Sunday night. My S8 still does ok... I have location and other battery draining apps turned off.

nomad

BAMF
This phone goes more than three days on a charge
Well its a new battery...but that is still great.

I gave up on phones without removable batteries a long time ago. That well known law says that no matter what, right when you need the phone for a crucial task, battery will suddenly drop to 7%... no problem. stick in another battery. Charge the dead one ona wall charger while using phone and still a third battery to backup.
Also fixes those pesky situations where phone cannot reset properly without removing battery. And for all those dumb ifag users that go on a murder spree with their phone turned off only to find out its not really of and is tracking their location, removing the battery means it really is off and your privacy is ensured. Thx Snowden.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Galaxy J7, I plug it in about every 3 days, rarely below 40% when I do.

My stepdaughter and her 16 year old daughter have Apple fones, they are always plugged in. One day I asked them why they didn't buy batteries with the $800+ fones, got eyerolls in response.

My $150 ZTE ZMax Pro phone came with a 3300 mAh battery. Used to last about 2 1/2 days on a charge. After a year and a half it gets about a day. I'm not a "power" user, but some of the apps I do use are power intensive.

I plug it in each night when I hit the sack, and I also pop it on the charger when I'm in the truck/car. The batteries used in cell phones , like any rechargable batteries, are only good for so many charge cycles. The more you charge them the less charge they'll hold. Guess you're supposed to only charge them when they are fully discharged (or at least it's better to), but hey for $150 I can go through 6 of these phones before I've spent as much as someone who purchased an $800 phone. And that expensive phone doesn't do much more than mine does. I'll never spend more than $200 for a phone.

Last edited:

Ed

BAMF+
Still using an S4, mostly because it's the largest phone that'll fit the inner pocket in my Vanson jackets while in an armored OtterBox case. Removable batteries FTW, when they start to lose capacity it's a snap to replace.

Having "Location" or live-update apps like weather radar enabled guzzles the most capacity... with those off, the phone runs a full day with ease.

About 4 days if you don't touch it......about 4 hours if you use it.

Not bad for a phone and battery thats 3 years old. Yeah I know I need an upgrade.

Stetson

BAMF
I remember buying a big ass, external extra battery that snapped on to my Motorola flip fone, so I could make it through a ten hour shift back in the nineties.

Made it look like I was carrying two packs of cigarettes in my shirt pocket, the fucker was so thick. Probably could have used it as an impact weapon, though.

Having "Location" or live-update apps like weather radar enabled guzzles the most capacity... with those off, the phone runs a full day with ease.
Also leaving wifi on all day when out and about, or leaving cellular data on all day if you're home (or someplace with trusted wifi). Turning these off when appropriate will also save you a lot of battery time. Oh, and also keeping your screen brightness to the absolute minimum that you can live with. I've found that leaving the brightness on "auto" will also drain your battery fairly quick.

OP
OP
Stuman

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I plug it in each night when I hit the sack, and I also pop it on the charger when I'm in the truck/car. The batteries used in cell phones , like any rechargable batteries, are only good for so many charge cycles. The more you charge them the less charge they'll hold. Guess you're supposed to only charge them when they are fully discharged (or at least it's better to), but hey for $150 I can go through 6 of these phones before I've spent as much as someone who purchased an $800 phone. .
Charging your phone to 100% all the time will kill the battery faster. Leaving it on the charger over night, every night and keeping the battery on the charger in the car all the time will degrade the battery. Charging the phone to less than 100% and not charging until the battery is at a low % will help the battery last much longer.

Charging your phone to 100% all the time will kill the battery faster. Leaving it on the charger over night, every night and keeping the battery on the charger in the car all the time will degrade the battery. Charging the phone to less than 100% and not charging until the battery is at a low % will help the battery last much longer.
You're absolutely correct. I didn't mention it, but this is something I've learned with my past devices, including my laptops. The reason I plug it in now is the battery has degraded to the point where it is down to <10% at the end of the day. I keep it plugged in in the truck because the Torque Pro app saps the battery pretty quickly. I'm in the market for another phone anyway. I'm looking at the Nokia 6.1 or maybe the Motorola G6, which are both sub $200 phones right now. maybe a refurbished Pixel XL.

DaCat

BAMF
I'm still not convinced about the charging cycles mentioned, I may have to read up on it a bit. I would have assumed that the design engineers would have the charging algorithm taken care of so that the user does not have to worry about when he does or doesn't put a phone on charge.

My work phone is a 2 year old Samsung S7 and I will get a day and half out of it, but I use it a lot, call, emails, browse the web and Whatsapp text and calls. On a normal day it's down to about 40-50% in the evening.

For a private phone, I got myself the cheaper Huawei P20 Lite to replace the HTC M9 that died on me, and I am seriously impressed with the Huawei. I would rate it better than the HTCs that I have owned. I don't give a fuck if the Chinese government may be spying on me, there's fuckall on the phone that would interest them anyway.

Hmm... that P20 Lite looks interesting and has some very favorable reviews. It's beyond my $200 self-imposed limit, but there might be deals out there.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
I'm still not convinced about the charging cycles mentioned, I may have to read up on it a bit. I would have assumed that the design engineers would have the charging algorithm taken care of so that the user does not have to worry about when he does or doesn't put a phone on charge.

My work phone is a 2 year old Samsung S7 and I will get a day and half out of it, but I use it a lot, call, emails, browse the web and Whatsapp text and calls. On a normal day it's down to about 40-50% in the evening.

For a private phone, I got myself the cheaper Huawei P20 Lite to replace the HTC M9 that died on me, and I am seriously impressed with the Huawei. I would rate it better than the HTCs that I have owned. I don't give a fuck if the Chinese government may be spying on me, there's fuckall on the phone that would interest them anyway.
Yes.... the Huawei is the sheet! And you get some Spy Gooks to get all your datas and stuffs

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
Huawei is so far ahead, especially in the rollout of 5G, that the boycotting of their equipment due to security concerns amounts to a subsidy for the other device and equipment manufacturers.

Hey, let's arrest one of the top executives, that'll make buyers think it's a shady company!

Anal Disco

BAMF
My LG G5 autoupdated itself and the battery life is terrible. I have to charge it twice a day, it only lasts for 6 to 8 hours with minimal use. Supposedly reformatting the phone will fix it, but LG makes shitty phones. Will never buy again. On the plus side, it's designed to have battery pop out very easily via button, so that was a nice feature I'll miss on my next Samsung. I'll upgrade this spring.

Don't trust the Chinese phones and I don't want to support a Chinese phone company.

A23

BAMF
I get 2 1/2 plus days out of my cheap Moto 4E.

5000mAh battery...fried the 1st battery by keeping it on the charger overnite. $25 to replace it and I let it drain down now.

Good $150 phone...nothing fancy but it does everything I need 'cept take good pics.
The camera sucks ass...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Galaxy J7, I plug it in about every 3 days, rarely below 40% when I do.

My stepdaughter and her 16 year old daughter have Apple fones,TE]
Same, unless my kid plays games or watches videos on it, in which case I'm lucky to get a full day.

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Huawei is so far ahead, especially in the rollout of 5G, that the boycotting of their equipment due to security concerns amounts to a subsidy for the other device and equipment manufacturers.

Hey, let's arrest one of the top executives, that'll make buyers think it's a shady company!
It's is a shady company. The arrested CFO, accused of violating Iran sanctions, is the daughter of the founder, who is a (former) communist boss.

Fuck the inbred lot of them.

But I can see why you'd be in their corner since the whole org has 'totalitarian' written all over it.

Top Bottom