So cal fires

Website
www.myspace.com
Any close calls or good stories?
I have friends, their phone rang and it was their mother in law saying get out.
They opened their front door and the porch was on fire and one of their cars.
Shit, I know living in the fire areas is almost as brilliant as living in tornado alley, but damn this is insane.

Houses with fire proof bricks are burning because the heat is igniting the material under the roof tiles, this is just crazy.

So anyone here have a close call?
Damn this may even affect some spring riding the fire may kill enough vegetation so the winter storms can wash out some fire roads, or trails.

OP
Website
www.myspace.com
thousands of displaced valley girls... :suprise:
If every valley girl burned their voice box on the smoke today I would not loose a wink of sleep.

I was talking to some guy today and he said in TJ, and encinida(sic) they don't have shit for fire fighters, and it is dries, but he never saw fires this bad.

moreHP

None near me this year so far. Last year was a total mess. I was watching some of the news while I had dinner and was amazed at how many homes have been lost. The one that really got to me was a trailer park with mostly elderly residents and the whole park burned...something like 500 homes.:down:

ducmanic

BAMF
Website
labusas.org
Sorry S.A.M., I just started a fire topic by mistake. Silly me -
This whole fucking place is on fire!!!
Countless homes lost, unknown death toll, firefighters injured, etc.

TwistedMister

Fucking Time Stealer
dude, its not just the chicks man, it's like the dudes, too..........This is a historic disaster of epic porportions.
I was just imagining all those women with nowhere to stay, I understand the gravity of the situation but for some reason that thought stuck for a minute... :D

OP
Website
www.myspace.com
Sam it isnt in flames. My kid is down there and she can smell smoke
That's good I guess.
That place goes up people could loose their jobs.

Shit, I am 8 miles from my Campus and at midnight I looked around like who farted because I smelled the fire.
I was like what the fuck there is no fire near me.
Half of Northridge had no power for about 1 or two hours today.
Northridge has one of the biggest Respirator hospitals in the Valley.
Their patients might be seriously fucked.

TwistedMister

Fucking Time Stealer
I am probably going to a get shit faced drunk party tonight in Northridge.
I wonder how many girls I can convince my dick is a breathing apparatus and it may save their lives.

don't care what anyone says about the valley girls, there are some straight up hotties in that area... I hit the mall once... :up:

OP
Website
www.myspace.com
don't care what anyone says about the valley girls, there are some straight up hotties in that area... I hit the mall once... :up:
Some, a lot are hot.
First day of school I hit campus and the mall with my bi friend and we check out the chicks and make our list.
The problems happen when we both thy and claim the same chick.

OP
Website
www.myspace.com
Probably at least one, if your lucky.
If it is still on.
The party has been moved twice, and called off three times.
My driver finally got pissed and said he is out, so if it is still on I go by myself.
Oh well, I have driven home drunk before.
Fuck if the party is good enough I might not even drive home :)

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I saw on CNN a pic of houses burning in Highsides town. Has anyone heard from her?

Hope you're all staying as safe as possible. Everything is gonna be covered in grey soot tomorrow. That's not good stuff to breath, so try to wear one of those painter's masks or carpenters mask when you go out. The little cheap paper ones should be fine I think?

BAMF
Was at a friend's house in OC and there were helicopters dropping water a few miles away. Freeways were jam packed all day long....good thing I was on the bike.

Anonymous Elvis

left the building
It's getting nothing but worse. :(

Maybe I should throw lit cigs out the window? NOT! Dumb cunts! :evil::finger2:

Hawkman

BAMF
To think I was at the lookout this morning on Glendora Mountain Road and saw it start up around 9:20am. I pointed it out and said "there's a fire that just started." Now it's outta control.

Anonymous Elvis

left the building
The sun went down 2 hours before you posted that... do pay attention..:wink:

Clear blue all day up in the AV & can't see or smell smoke.:cool:
Oh fuck, who gives a rats ass ya fuckin limey bastard. :roll:

let me see if I can word it so the IQ challenged can understand..........

TwistedMister

Fucking Time Stealer
meanwhile liberal TV (CNN/MSNBC) has polarbear telethons and nancy grace on... fuckwads...

bet if obies limo had a blowout they're all over it....

fuggin jagoffs, if its a donkey stuck in a sinkhole you can't get away from it....

BAMF

Don't want to go outside now, coughed up blood in 03 when we woke up to ash covered cars.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I think sam hitch and cz eddie are long lost brothers. My advice to the brother who still lives in CA is "go towards the light"

The rest of you stay safe, especially those of you who live close to the fires and anyone who may be fighting the fires (like XXF)

CZLoco

I think sam hitch and cz eddie are long lost brothers. My advice to the brother who still lives in CA is "go towards the light"

The rest of you stay safe, especially those of you who live close to the fires and anyone who may be fighting the fires (like XXF)

You have a problem, Thomas? I know we don't hang out on the same threads. But you don't see me attacking you around here. So unless you have a legit problem, why don't you just keep out of my face and I'll gladly do the same for you.

Highside

BAMF
I saw on CNN a pic of houses burning in Highsides town. Has anyone heard from her?

Hope you're all staying as safe as possible. Everything is gonna be covered in grey soot tomorrow. That's not good stuff to breath, so try to wear one of those painter's masks or carpenters mask when you go out. The little cheap paper ones should be fine I think?
Yup... I live in Sylmar. That's the 2nd fire that threatened my house in the past month. Both times, the flames got within 1-2 miles from my home... but far enough away not to stress about evacuation. I never thought I would feel blessed to live south of the 210... but I do now. :up: This time, I didn't even pack.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
You have a problem, Thomas? I know we don't hang out on the same threads. But you don't see me attacking you around here. So unless you have a legit problem, why don't you just keep out of my face and I'll gladly do the same for you.
Do you live in California? :roll:

Jeeesh :lol:

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Yep, long lost brothers. Gotta be, it's the only explanation that makes any sense. I think you two should undergo a DNA test. The results could be..... enlightening.

Any close calls or good stories?
I have friends, their phone rang and it was their mother in law saying get out.
They opened their front door and the porch was on fire and one of their cars.
Can someone explain how the fuck your front porch and car is on fire and you don't know? To all those in the area stay safe.

CZLoco

Yep, long lost brothers. Gotta be, it's the only explanation that makes any sense. I think you two should undergo a DNA test. The results could be..... enlightening.
We did, and the results came back already. Your Mother's whoring didn't make it all the way to the West coast. Aren't you happy now.
Sorry, cuz. :fu:

Smitty

BAMF+
This almost seems yearly. We have a wild forest fire that started up north of Kamloops, B.C., by a chap that was working on an small dish at his home. He felt he could NOT put the fire out himself & ran up the street warning others. Said town was pretty well eliminated the lumber mill that never recoverd to some other businesses.

It was headed to Kamloops, but shifted to go east/nort into the city of Kelowna. This was a one month fire that burned out a lot of new homes nestled up in what forest people of fire people call "interface" homes which I think is up in the burning area, but sometimes the fire will miss a house or two on the street.

On problem is that the roads going to these places about to catch on fire, were to narrow & twistie. It also proved that only ONE pumper fire department can be there to do the job, & while another one or several more could come up, they could not till the empty one came down---the roads were to narrow AND no sensible turning around for the one pumper truck up there at the time. Meaning that the roads have to be much wider, to less twisy & into the area there has to be lots of space so the dumper firetruck to turn around.

In Calif they have had this fire for how many days? Try one month as we had though fortunately all homes were close to the lakes in the Okanagan Valley so the large Martin Mars could land on the lakes to fill up & take off again along with ease for a chopper to pick up water, to especially the various Bombareier water bombers probably the best on the market for many small reasons.

So time for those that live in sort of interface homes or on similiar lots, to also clear out a lot of the outside wood tht the wild fire eats up as it tears though your areas.

One month was enough for us to learn in this area especilly without halting it in Kelowna area it would have crept farther south to Narmata across the lake to even Summerland across from Naramata for actually it was creeping as it spent some time burning up the antique Kettle Valley Railway tall terminals to crossings & ate up six out of eight, which with Federal to Provincal funds has been rebuilt not for the antique railway that faded out of business in the 20s but for the hikers to bicycle riders------seems they felt the millions of dollars were well spent & the insurance people could take care of some 300 plus homes, ONLY ours are not plush million dollar homes as in some of your areas bar those in trailer parks to less costly homes built before the millioners moved in.

OP
Website
www.myspace.com
Can someone explain how the fuck your front porch and car is on fire and you don't know? To all those in the area stay safe.
They were in that mobile home park for the semi retired where all 500 went up in about one or two hours.
They went to bed, and just as they went to bed their phone rang, by the time they got their clothes and shoes on the front was in flames they had to go out the side, managed to save the work truck and one car, but the first car was up in flames.
The fires spread fucking fast the night air had more oxygen in it, and with all that fuel the fires just went wild.

Top Bottom