Snow is coming, sled building

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Last year me and the girl built a swing arm mount for the dirt bike so I could pull her on the sled when it snows. We busted about 5 different plastic piece of shit sleds. This year will be different!

We started with a pallet we beefed up A307FBB5-16DB-4D3D-BBDA-25EF5FF6E788.jpeg D49FC1FC-0F71-4BFF-A48C-096EB37F3882.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Next we stripped some old water ski’s I had laying around. 165C3B34-01C5-4D3C-A706-8CACCE52B67F.jpeg C267730F-E2BF-41B4-9795-35AEBA04967B.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

We attached the ski’s and painted them red as she wanted it to be red like Santa’s Sleigh 167EB43E-6D26-40FC-8E5D-480C5D038796.jpeg 500B72D9-CB38-452D-8762-F8A10C4C7D55.jpeg

OP
Stites

Stites

Today our goal was to add a mdf top and then skin it with aluminum

We started with drawing in the CAD software 468B143B-2B14-446D-A022-18122EAB1EE8.jpeg

Vegas12

BAMF+
Way cool....and thank god Sienna looks like her mother...

Have fun!!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
When we were kids on the farm, my father would use an old 50's car hood and drag it behind the tractor. The rope was long enough that when it "cracked the whip" on it, you hit Mach 5 swinging out and half the tyme went in front of the tractor. Dangerous as a mother fucker, but fun.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I wouldn't have the seats on legs as it'll be too easy to turn over then.

Hell, it looks like you're doing just fine so far so just ignore my mother hen suggestions.

OP
Stites

Stites

I wouldn't have the seats on legs as it'll be too easy to turn over then.

Hell, it looks like you're doing just fine so far so just ignore my mother hen suggestions.
Yep agreed and my post says the tops of the chairs

Wretch

amazingly graceful
When we were kids on the farm, my father would use an old 50's car hood and drag it behind the tractor. The rope was long enough that when it "cracked the whip" on it, you hit Mach 5 swinging out and half the tyme went in front of the tractor. Dangerous as a mother fucker, but fun.
My last sno-go was great fun to pull unsuspecting Army buddies around on a sno-nut...
...on a snow covered frozen lake.

95 indicated and cut it really hard and the speeds they would reach out on the end of that long rope had to be a true 95mph.
It would jerk the back of my machine around once they started to get past me.

The best was hauling ass in and the sno-nut went flat.
The rider might have slowed to 45mph and then he put his hands down to try to stand up.
I was pretty sure he was dead as he must of rolled and tumbled 35 times before coming to a stop.

I'm a bastard when driving a ski boat too.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yep agreed and my post says the tops of the chairs
I was taken in by the joyful smile on her face, getting to work on a project with Dad so,
my reading comprehension was dimmed a bit and the details eluded me.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I’m an ol’ pro at going fast (real fast) on the snow with inner tubes :roll: Back in the early 70’s whilst in the Air Force in Mt Home, Idaho we would drive up to the mountains and hike up the steepest hills with our tubes and large heavy duty plastic trash bags. You’d squeeze the tube together and slip the bag over the tube. The runs we made were unbelievably fast and dangerous, so much so there were broken bones on almost every outing. The base eventually forbid us to ever go tubing again.

sorry sites this has nothing to do with your excellent thread.

llord2

BAM
We used to ride on a '50s style wrap-around windshield. Obviously we never thought much about the possible complications. Fast as fuck though.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
We used to ride on a '50s style wrap-around windshield. Obviously we never thought much about the possible complications. Fast as fuck though.
Idiots!:lol: Amazing the dumb shit we all did as kids that didn't kill us.

JustTom

BAM
Nice job!
The coolest part is, she might be showing those pics to her grandkids someday, just before she gives them a crack-the-whip with her Tesla truck!
Tom

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
A side by side... you invented a whole new category of sledding.

Dameon

BAMF
Website
TurboHayabusa.org
Great job! If for no other reason, parent-child team building. Nice to see that still exists today.

I would have put a little space between the skis and pallet. This is going to be a hard-pack/ice unit only. Otherwise, good for plowing the trail.

OP
Stites

Stites

You are correct my friend!! That said it will be being pulled on the street via my dirt bike. So 6 inches of snow or less and we should be good!!

OP
Stites

Stites

You guys are old curmudgeons, we do this every year with the dirt bike and absolutely no crashes

nomad

BAMF
She looks like she is having a lot of fun with dad. You are still with her mother obviously. Congratulations. She is lucky to still have her Dad in her life. Does she ride horses also?

OP
Stites

Stites

She looks like she is having a lot of fun with dad. You are still with her mother obviously. Congratulations. She is lucky to still have her Dad in her life. Does she ride horses also?
She does not but she badly wants to

Stetson

BAMF
I predict a crashed dirtbike... within minutes. Why not jerk it with an ATV?
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing... what poor sucker is going to attempt to pull that on a bike? :lol:
You guys are old curmudgeons, we do this every year with the dirt bike and absolutely no crashes
He's probably not cracking the whip, flying down the driveway at the top of fourth gear, coming on the pipe, kids screaming and flying off.......:biggrin:

GSXRN99

CAPSLOCK
Tesla truck sled. Lots of sharp edges on that thing. As long as she doesn't say "Here hold my drink" everything should be OK

very cool project for the family and daughter involved building it.

Next you want to build one of these, but with a smaller engine motorcycle donor for the daughter

Top Bottom