Side effects of "The Wall"?

Website
www.JaxRacing.com
yes, its an overall shitshow of epic proportions.

ps...i guess you arent making it to garage night tonight aye? =D
Ya know, the worst part of the shutdown, for me, is that I can't schedule any extra time off. Been meaning to come home for a visit, but haven't been able to schedule shit since October even (mandatory deployments down south fucked things up too, luckily I haven't had to go yet).

Ya know, the worst part of the shutdown, for me, is that I can't schedule any extra time off. Been meaning to come home for a visit, but haven't been able to schedule shit since October even (mandatory deployments down south fucked things up too, luckily I haven't had to go yet).

bah...hope you make it home soon!

RobBase

BAMF
Says the bitch who was so desperate to prove he's right that he tried to correct me with outdated info (yes, I use Google a lot for research- apparently you use AOL).:lol: And I knew you couldn't ignore me, but to beg for my attention and then cry ('Whaaaa!!! You replied to my troll post!!! You're such a narcissist for taking no notice of me until I went after you!':cry:) when you actually get it...:smile2: I told you already, just ignore me and I'll do the same- I proved that when you trolled my tariff thread a few days ago and I let it go, but you had to keep doing it hoping for a reaction... You've been pulling that shit on me (and anyone else who holds a different opinion from yours) for literally years, and it's only recently that I started giving it back in kind- you have zero ability to express yourself like anything but a douche when it comes to politics- which one of us has the issue?

Rasmussen poll (their polls ALWAYS favor Reps because they poll 'likely voters' rather than 'all voters' or 'registered voters')- from less than a month ago- 46% for, 48% against and that's pre-shutdown- it's likely the 'against' percentage has increased somewhat- it's higher than 50% in more recent polls from other outlets like Reuter's and Quinnipiac. I'd like to read the entire article to know what the 'But Not At Govt Expense' part of the headline means, but it's necessary to be a paid subscriber to access all of it:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters now say the United States should build a wall along the Mexican border to help stop illegal immigration...

Support for Border Wall on the Rise Again, But Not At Govt Expense - Rasmussen Reports®
This has got to be the longest post ever, especially from someone (Google master who is never wrong) who said they'd never reply to me again.
We can now see who's the bitch.
:smashtard:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yes- it's you- I own the space inside your head, it seems- remember you said that I need you as an outlet for my inanity- looks like it's the other day around. If I shared your politics and posted in exactly the same manner and style as I do now, you'd have a very different opinion of me.

I didn't say I'd never reply to you again- I said you received my last measured and reasoned response (though you could make the argument that this post counts as one), and if you ignore me I'll do the same, but you just can't do it (and now you've become the lowest form of forum life- a stalker).

Ignore me, don't troll my threads or toss out shit specifically to bait me (which doesn't mean avoiding the same threads or not offering differing opinions- it just means not deliberately going after each other), and I'll do the same for you- I know I can resist interacting with you in the future... If you wanna keep going like we are on this thread, it's entirely up to you- I'm happy to end it here as while I like debating issues, I don't like going after someone on a personal level.

Whaddaya say? First one to crack is the bitch?

OP
OP
CZLoco

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
How far is technology away from allowing for cheap tunnel building robots.

VS cheap sensor technology to constantly monitor the entire border for up to the moment tunnel digging?

:fu: :fu: from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Website
www.JaxRacing.com
Tunnel detection is considered the holy grail of border security technology. Although I'm sure there is *something* out there that would work great. Procuring it with all the governmental bureaucratic bullshit would be the biggest hurdle.

Example: One Predator-B UAV is $15,000,000. What are the capabilities, cost of operation, and ease of operations of a $1,000 quad copter "drone" ? Still "testing" after several YEARS.

CID

I really cant understand why anybody in this nation would be against a wall. I can understand not wanting to spend the money on it, but as far as security and stopping illegal immigration it's a no-brainier. It's proven to be successful and if the economics and security risks change in the future we can always open it back up.

The main argument made seems to be based on "morality" -- it's somehow immoral to stop a person from entering a "safe" place or a place where they can make more money than the place they are at. Yet.... it's not "immoral" to call the cops when the homeless who have no better place to go ...park on your front lawn with a tent.

hedgehog

BAMF
i don´t understand why anyone would think that if there was a security crisis at the border, that shutting off payment for the very government departments charged with protecting border security was somehow logical and a good idea.

there was 1.3 billion for border security in the bi-partisan bill that passed the house and senate that Trump refused to sign.

has mexico paid for the Wall yet?

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/31/poli..._yhYxUX0TfTInqvxxXZfCIVCySzD4f0p41pbq6iNau0xY

The American Federation of Government Employees alleged Monday that the government is violating the Fair Labor Standards Act by forcing employees deemed essential to work without pay.

Note: The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union representing 700,000 federal and D.C. government workers nationwide and overseas. Workers in virtually all functions of government at every federal agency depend upon AFGE for legal representation, legislative advocacy, technical expertise and informational services.

About a quarter of the government has been affected by the shutdown, including correctional officers, Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, and transportation security officers. Across different government agencies, about 380,000 federal employees will be furloughed and 420,000 will work without pay due to the shutdown continuing into the new year.

AFGE filed the suit in the US Court of Federal Claims on behalf of all essential government workers, as well as named plaintiffs Justin Tarovisky and Grayson Sharp, who work for the Bureau of Prisoners.

The union's president, J. David Cox, called the requirement that some federal employees work without pay "inhumane" in a statement Monday.

"Our nation's heroes, AFGE members and their families deserve the decency of knowing when their next paycheck is coming and that they will be paid for their work," he said, adding that many of the affected workers are veterans or law enforcement. "Our intent is to force the government and the administration to make all federal employees whole."

CID

i don´t understand why anyone would think that if there was a security crisis at the border, that shutting off payment for the very government departments
This is the exact reason why we shouldn't have gone down the DHS route imo. We continue to combine federal services into single entity monopoly like structures. The veto of spending bills then kills off EVERYTHING.

On the other side of the coin -- the issue at hand is the wall and it's a red herring to talk about the way in which the debate is formed to fund it, as an argument against it. :roll:

CID

Let's also discuss this issue of Trump's refusal to accept 1.9 billion for border security.......

I think we can EASILY find 5 billion if not the original 25 billion....

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS), which uses the broadest definition of aid[PDF], including military and security assistance, total spending was roughly $49 billion in 2016, the last full fiscal year analyzed. This accounts for about 1.2 percent of the federal budget.
How Does the U.S. Spend Its Foreign Aid?

The 1961 Foreign Assistance Act created the U.S. government’s primary aid organization, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The agency administers the bulk of U.S. development and humanitarian aid, managing nearly $20 billion in funds and employing more than nine thousand staff around the world. Trump’s proposed budgets, in 2017 and 2018, sought to slash USAID funds by nearly a third, but were rejected by Congress.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Until the issues that are fucking up MY life are resolved I won't be giving a fuck about anyone else's fucking issues.

Fuck the wall, fuck Turnip, I don't care if the illegals swarm the border, steal your food, rape your women, and kidnap your children for slaves.

Can't see it from my house.

CID

Fuck the wall, fuck Turnip, I don't care if the illegals swarm the border, steal your food, rape your women, and kidnap your children for slaves.

Can't see it from my house.
Most of things spoken here of politics don't change my life one way or another, so in that regards I agree.:lol:

I seriously hope your situation changes soon. :up:

Snail

The only way change will happen is when we're represented by a competent conservative POTUS, one with enough balls to take on the GreenPeople, and the brains to get legislative changes that will pass through the courts.

That's not Turnip.

CID

I agree with that too. Unfortunately, my support for this president falls on the side of "fly in the ointment" rather than a course correction. Long overdue, a course correction, I'm afraid, is ultimately unattainable at this point in history.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
www.youfuckmyleftovers.com
The only way change will happen is when we're represented by a competent conservative POTUS, one with enough balls to take on the GreenPeople, and the brains to get legislative changes that will pass through the courts.

That's not Turnip.
he doesnt have the balls or the focus? Its disturbing the lack of an admin team to push any agenda. Im still failing to understand how the President has any effect on State level issues?

Snail

It's not a state level issue, it's a National Forest issue. In other words you own just as much of it as I do.

Snail

How can Turnip push legislation through a Congress that he's insulted vehemently for over two years?

The "Swamp " is actually democratically elected representatives and senators. They're not going anywhere and they don't want to support him.

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
It's not a state level issue, it's a National Forest issue. In other words you own just as much of it as I do.
I cant comment on how the policy is or isnt working. Im going to go out on a limb saying that most City dwellers wouldnt know good from bad Forestry mgmt. Whst I do know is the local forest ranger chased us out of a local National park for riding bikes. 1 unlucky fella got his expensive bicycle taken. Should he direct his ire at trump?

TurboBlew

BAMF+
Website
How can Turnip push legislation through a Congress that he's insulted vehemently for over two years?

The "Swamp " is actually democratically elected representatives and senators. They're not going anywhere and they don't want to support him.
I mean a pretty simple point here is the reason shit doesnt get done is devisiveness. Not invented by Trump. Should how Im registered to vote dictate the level of service I get? Should I expect the person with D or R as their party affiliate to not listen to me?

can anyone actually name the last significant presidential "policy" to be enacted with a unanimous decision by both the house and senate? has it ever even happened in modern times?

heck whats the last one of any significance that even passed both on the first vote with both sides of the aisle voting for it?

(while ive not looked, im betting its somehow related to war, or the patriot act or something similar).

Snail

The difference is Turnip has alienated Republicans as well as Democrats.

I'm not the only Republican tired of his mindless rants and knee jerk policy tweets.

The stupid fucker can't even keep a cabinet.

CID

I don't really think it's a President's role to push legislation. The executive role is to set the subject of the party and he's doing a fine job of that imo. The party leaders are the ones that offer the legislation. They've shuffled this shit around and not made any hard choices or deals and he making them do that now.

Snail

Federal policy currently prevents fire suppression in National Wilderness areas. That policy allowed 250 square miles to be burned in just my County, and the adjacent county unchecked.

Once those fires burned onto private land they had such a fire perimeter they COULDN'T put it out, even with full suppressing efforts.

I will post how much it costs YOU when I find out. Or, if you have a chance Google cost to suppress Klondike and Taylor Creek fires
Check inciweb for data too.

Snail

The Turnip is for sure the first POTUS to ignore his experts and tweet policy without bothering to consult with his experts. Mattis quit, he didn't get fired.

Snail

Are you fucking serious? You don't think Turnip is devisive?

CID

I remember that and ...the long debates here about stuffing the channels before and after all that. It was blatant mismanagement of upper management and unions which caused them issues, but they wrapped it all into 9/11 as cause. Today just as Snail points out the forestry issues are based on what was 'thought' to be a sound practice in the late 1980s by the greenies and now they're all 2nd thinking the thought after a couple decades of disasters. Yet people still keep voting democrat.

Snail

YCIS, ones that got fired v. Resigning, partial list: shulkin,mccabe,tillerson,gorka,scarry mucilage and my favorite Prince Reibus.

And more, Google it.

shulkin was an obama appointee... (and resigned)
mccabe was appoitned by comey...
tillerson resigned (although claims he did it "before" he was going to be fired"

reibus resigned....

all in all it seems fairly clear to me. you get hired to do a job...seem to be more than qualified for the job...you accept the job (or otherwise convince people that you want the job)....and then get fired when you wont actually do the job you are expected to do.

seems almost like....the real world!

Last edited:

Snail

Tillerson was out of the country when Turnip announced he was leaving and easnt6told until he returned. He was fired. So were the others I named.

again...do the job you were hired to do and you wont get fired...nor will you have to resign.

dont do the job you were hired to do or live up to your expectations and hit the door! I would never in a million years thought so many folks would be angry at a president who held folks accountable for not doing their jobs...and did so with impunity.

meanwhile holder was kept on for years... and hillary were never fired nor asked to resign amid all that nonsense.

Snail

They resign because they can't stand working for the stupid fucker

Snail

Well good, we end the evening in agreement.

CID

They resign because they can't stand working for the stupid fucker

:lol: no doubt! I can imagine his style to be like a bull in a china shop when it concerns working with people in the 'machine' used to layer upon layer of bureaucracy. His first question has to be: So who we gotta grease to get this done, like he does working int he city building stuff.

Doris Meissner, commissioner of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service during the Clinton administration, said it was striking to see Judd in the White House briefing room with Trump instead of the homeland security officials responsible for carrying out the president’s agenda.

That is just not the way the government is supposed to run,” said Meissner, a senior fellow at the bipartisan Migration Policy Institute.
well no shit. It's SUPPOSED to be smooooooth and taxable and no complaints. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom