Side effects of "The Wall"?

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I'd rather see the money put towards helping Mexico better its economy so our neighbors won't want to leave home. Continent of America FTW.

Oh hey, maybe we can pay Mexico to build the wall.
Like $2/hour or whatever it is they make over there.

I wonder if the wall will have any negative effect on Mexico if/after it's built.

Ed

BAMF+
I can't see the value in sending greenbacks which only seem to lubricate the corruption there.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Can't see it from my house so fuck the wall. Since Turnip doesn't give a fuck about the problems his trade war has caused me, I couldn't care less about his fucking wall.

I'd rather see the money put towards helping Mexico better its economy so our neighbors won't want to leave home. Continent of America FTW.

Oh hey, maybe we can pay Mexico to build the wall.
Like $2/hour or whatever it is they make over there.

I wonder if the wall will have any negative effect on Mexico if/after it's built.
All the money so far hasn't helped them create a better country. If anything, they're worse off.

Anal Disco

BAMF
This would be the ideal situation. If Mexico got their shit together, it'd be a huge boom for both them and the US. If only it were safer, US business would flock to Mexico, not to mention all the tourism and old people moving to retire in a cheap, warm climate. Sad, really. But this is a problem that will take a lot more than simply money.

Snail

Rumble, when you're my age there's no such thing as short sightedness. I draw on 7 decades of experience.

Rumble, when you're my age there's no such thing as short sightedness. I draw on 7 decades of experience.
Snail, first I want to mention that I respect your experience and your obvious tenacity for life. Having said that, just because something effects you negatively now does not mean it isn't the right course in the long run. Perhaps if you had planned for your later years more effectively your situation wouldn't be so ill-effected by these turns of events. Unfortunately, these turns have been sorely needed for a long time coming. The can cannot be continually kicked down the road.

BigGar

high on placebo
This would be the ideal situation. If Mexico got their shit together, it'd be a huge boom for both them and the US. If only it were safer, US business would flock to Mexico, not to mention all the tourism and old people moving to retire in a cheap, warm climate. Sad, really. But this is a problem that will take a lot more than simply money.
It would just be super, but giving Mexico money hasn't worked yet. It really hasn't worked anywhere. Africa anyone??? As long as there's no wall and continued invasion with little to no consequences for the invaders, the United States will trend downward towards shithole city

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Here's on positive side effect of the wall, in the summer it will have shade on the Mexico side, and in the winter, on the USA side.

LuxPride

BAM
If they had their shit together they'd incorporate an aqueduct into the wall. Texas gets rain, Nevada/California and Arizona get water. Dump it into Lake Mead (which is critically low), power generates through Hoover Dam. It's a win/win. The libs and hippies get green energy and water surplus and we get security.

It worked for the Romans, why not us?

Who wouldn't vote for that?

It's not a side effect per se, but it could be.

Anal Disco

BAMF
Brilliant idea.

Trump should simply drop the plans for a wall and instead make an 2,000 mile aqueduct or row of solar panels. A really tall aqueduct (or solar panel) with a solid foundation.

With cameras.

And guards.

Snail

Rhumble, it's always easy to legislate away the other guys livelihood.

Bandit Man

BAMF
I think the opposite, Dont build a wall. Knock down whats there and make Mexico a new state, Implement our state and fed government and just make it business as usual. Then the southern border wall will be a fraction of the size to build.

Anal Disco

BAMF
I think the opposite, Dont build a wall. Knock down whats there and make Mexico a new state, Implement our state and fed government and just make it business as usual. Then the southern border wall will be a fraction of the size to build.
51st state or a Puerto Rico type thing?

Either way, I support this idea too.

would be nice if they built a Suez type project that would cut across the USA boarder that is 1/2 mile wide with docks and locks so we could connect the Ocean body of the east cost with the west coast and a by-way for our cargo ship to go thur and having solar panels lined the USA side with electric fence lining the Mexican side.

BigHock

BAMF
Full on state, not that half assed shit like P.R. I figure they want to come to this country, why not bring it to them.
And then we will have all those Mexicans not only sucking up all the welfare budget, but they would be citizens and voting for the Dems.

Why do you think Israel occupies their neighbors? They would be become a minority in their own country, and lose their control.

No. Mexico as a state of the US would be disastrous.

51st state or a Puerto Rico type thing?

Either way, I support this idea too.
Full on state, not that half assed shit like P.R. I figure they want to come to this country, why not bring it to them.
I've been saying this for 20 years. Just invade the mother fuckers, divide it up and turn the country into the next 10 or 15 states.

We get natural resources, labor, tax revenue and they get our Federal handout programs directly instead of by proxy.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Take a wild guess at the percentage of illegals that vote or will vote Demorat, something like 20 million of em are here now. How anyone in their right mind would want this in our country is not fathomable.

what do I know :smashtard:

sailUSVI

Your actually referring to the “Brennan Center” :wacko3: your kidding right? :billyv:

BigGar

high on placebo
And then we will have all those Mexicans not only sucking up all the welfare budget, but they would be citizens and voting for the Dems.

Why do you think Israel occupies their neighbors? They would be become a minority in their own country, and lose their control.

No. Mexico as a state of the US would be disastrous.

Anal Disco

BAMF
Your actually referring to the “Brennan Center” :wacko3: your kidding right? :billyv:
The Brennan Center is compiling the results of studies and investigations done by other researchers or departments. Justice Department, state voter agencies, university researchers, etc. You know, the people tasked for this sort of thing.

I'll ask again - what evidence you got?

busa10

BAMF
I found it interesting that when a sister of mine went to the social security office that there were two ticket machines. One for "US citizens" and the other for "un-documented citizens". The place was full of Mexican people (Denver is a sanctuary city). She thought they were getting social security numbers. If that's true, can't they then use their SS card as an I.D. to vote?

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
Idaho requires a photo ID or file an affidavit under penalty if used illegally...

Bandit Man

BAMF
Yes...lets trust Latinos that seem to have corruption as part of their genetics...

No trust there. Clean house once we are there. We are already trusting the Mexicans with Billions of dollars of our money. Once its given to the corrupt govt we cant track where it goes.

Do you agree with Pelossi about the wall being "immoral"?
Nope, Fences make good neighbors.

CID

I'm just glad as fuck Trump didn't run and win as a democrat. With the spineless nature of the republican party of today? Obama would seem like Eisenhower.

sailUSVI

The Brennan Center is compiling the results of studies and investigations done by other researchers or departments. Justice Department, state voter agencies, university researchers, etc. You know, the people tasked for this sort of thing.

I'll ask again - what evidence you got?
The funny thing is you actually believe they are unbiased, the Brennen Center... a left leaning...government employees...left leaning. I’m sure there is no bias what so ever. Keep sucking that liberal tit, I’m sure it tastes good. :retard:

By the way, what evidence are you seeking?

hedgehog

BAMF
The funny thing is you actually believe they are unbiased, the Brennen Center... a left leaning...government employees...left leaning. I’m sure there is no bias what so ever. Keep sucking that liberal tit, I’m sure it tastes good. :retard:

By the way, what evidence are you seeking?
well, the Trump administration launched an investigation into voter fraud (which included ilegal immigrants) and could find no significant evidence of it happening to the levels the RWNJ´s claimed and most certainly not at any level that could be approaching that needed to influence an election.

were they liberals as well?

CID

Eisenhower! What a fucking joke.
?? Didn't want socialized medicine; he warned of the exact issues we have faced for the last 50 years from the war machine yet was a leader of that machine, not an arm chair quarterback; didn't want little sally to sit next to thugs in school... sounds like a winner to me! Whats the beef with Eisenhower as comparison to what I said?

Top Bottom