SHTF setups

Loved my P365 until it started letting me down. I wont carry it anymore! It's a shame too, it was a great shooting little hand gun.
What were the problems with it ?

I got a deal on a G43 I could refuse from a co-worker, but had been looking at the P365 before that.

turbopete

BAM
Mine ran fine for almost 800 rounds, but started having failure to extracts recently. I've also had light primer strikes. The firing pin is still in good shape and could also be ammo related I suppose. Im going to send it back to Sig and have them go over it. I love that hand gun and hope they resolve its issues! On another note, Shield Arms is supposed to release a flush fit 10 rounder for the G43. The 43 is still a bit bigger that the 365 but will make it more attractive to potential buyers!

Hapo

Dog Boy
What were the problems with it ?

I got a deal on a G43 I could refuse from a co-worker, but had been looking at the P365 before that.

...cool beans...!!!...I have G43 on the way and was looking at the Sig 365 as a summer piece...

....we would have the same vape and pistol...

...Get that G43...!!!...the waiting list is a mile long and there will not be enough to go around...

G43 vaperorizer : $99 (mod box $35)(G43 stand $12)

Sig 365 SAS pistol : ( FUK Springfield Armory Inc)

Last edited:

kawachan

BAMF
I wanted the 365 XL but it wouldn't fit in my pocket at all. I immediately swapped to IWB with the 12 rd mag. I kinda wish I had the XL with a Romeo on it, but I guess I can have both.

Before that I've carried everything from a Mustang 380 to a Kimber ultra 40 and/or a G22.

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Ive had them both
The g43x/g48 is superior to the p365
Haven t shot the full size p365xl but the g43x is indeed a very sweet shooting little gun that can pack 15 rounds of 9mm.
Having been out of the gun loop since the 6 yrs spent in romania, i was unaware of Glock's slimline guns until Omega suggested i check out the g48/g43x which i did and glad i did.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Anyone know where to find the Federal Hydra Shok Deep in .380, like right now?

I'm not desperate for ammo in general, but I'm itching to try this shit in my Sig P-238.

S.C.

rumble phish

BAMF+
The better question is how much can I get on a quad😉
Or in my truck?

But are you going to be shooting from that quad (or truck)? Not likely. And once the shooting begins, how long do you think you'll be able to keep that quad (or truck)? Or, if the shit REALLY hits the fan, how long do you think you'd be able to stay in your home/base/bugout location? Not long I'd think. So the answer for me would be to take the weapon that I can readily and easily carry the most ammo for. That would be a .22LR, take down rifle and/or handgun.

The difference in weight from .22LR to 5.56/.223 is substantial. 1000 rounds of 55 grain 5.56 weighs in around 28lbs. 1000 rounds of 36 grain .22LR ammo tips the scales at about 7 pounds. In other words, you could carry 150 rounds of 5.56 or 600 rounds of .22LR.

Don’t get me wrong, if you don’t have a suppressed 22 pistol in your loadout your severely handicapping yourself.

rumble phish

BAMF+
well that settles that argument... if you are fighting varmints...
The .22LR round is probably one of THE most versatile rounds.

Sure, this is just an "opinion" piece, but it is a very common opinion. I've consolidated all of my firearms to "standard" calibers. I'd add to this list .45ACP, .38/.357 Mag and .30-06.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
well i am no GI Joe... but growing up in Boston... i have seen my fair share of shootings...

the one that stands out the most is a jacked Asian night club bouncer taking 5 .22 cal shots at point blank range and then wooping the dumb nigger until the amberlamps rolled in and took them both away...

i know... shot placement is everything, but shit 5 shots on target and still get yer ass beat like a dog... the Chink opend the door with the shooters face...

left an impression...

LE05BUSA

GFY
I have a 10/22 and lots of ammo.

If you piss me off, I have a Garand and lots of ready bandoliers. Plenty of LC42/43 black tip.

If more is necessary, I have a 14lb field ready rifle (including bipod and optic) shooting a cartridge approaching 10000ft-lb of energy

kawachan

BAMF
RRA used to be some decent mid grade AR's about a dozen years ago. I haven't held any of their newer stuff so can't vouch for it.

rumble phish

BAMF+
Any opinions on these beasts?

S.C.
RRA used to be some decent mid grade AR's about a dozen years ago. I haven't held any of their newer stuff so can't vouch for it.
I've used several RRA uppers. The RRA varmint uppers I've shot were absolute tack drivers. Very consistent 1/2 MOA with match ammo. I also use the 2-stage match and varmint triggers. Fantastic triggers for the money (<$100).

I've used several RRA uppers. The RRA varmint uppers I've shot were absolute tack drivers. Very consistent 1/2 MOA with match ammo. I also use the 2-stage match and varmint triggers. Fantastic triggers for the money (<$100).
Same experience. I had a RRA Predator Pursuit. 20" bull barrel, 1/8 twist, Wylde chamber, RRA match trigger, all standard stuff out of the box. Heavy, but amazing accuracy for a $900 rifle.

I put talon grips on my regular G43 and liked them because it gave it just a hair more girth, I planned to put the same ones on my G48 then I found out talon was rolling out a new grip material, a hybrid combo of the rubber and skateboard tape type they already sell, basically the grip of the skateboard tape without the associated problems of tearing through clothing and feeling like sandpaper against the skin, so I reached out and they said they are essentially shut down for now and I couldnt even get a sample set sent out, I considered stippling but I want to add a little bit of girth to the grip. Incidentally having the G48 and G43 gives you three pistols, and I find myself running it with the G43 upper most all the time, essentially giving me a G43x. I just got two of the shield arms 15 rounders but havent started testing them yet, I just loaded them up and set them aside. If they work well I will find it hard to justify keeping a G19 around.

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
I bought 3 shield arms mags just about 2 weeks ago when they briefly came back on stock but they re in flarida and im in CT
People say they ve run lots of ammo thru them w great results.

Never quite understood why folks buy these small carry type guns, then add all these accessories making them as big and difficult to carry as the larger model. Granted, the accessories make the guns easier to shoot, but more difficult to conceal.

Guy I bought my G43 from only had TTI +2 base pads, but I wanted to factory ones, which he didn't have. Ended up buying two complete factory mags.

These 15 round mags I speak of have flat flush basepads like the factory ten rounder, I wouldnt put extended base pads on this pistol either, the regular G43 is a different story as you need one to get your pinkie on the grip, so I run a Pearce plus 1 on that, I'm not cool with tucking my pinkie under the grip.

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Never quite understood why folks buy these small carry type guns, then add all these accessories making them as big and difficult to carry as the larger model. Granted, the accessories make the guns easier to shoot, but more difficult to conceal.

Guy I bought my G43 from only had TTI +2 base pads, but I wanted to factory ones, which he didn't have. Ended up buying two complete factory mags.

Thats why the g43 is dead
Long live the g43x
Longer grip (no need for extended mags) better ergos.
I don t know what accessories you speak of.
I usually want sights that pop and a real good trigger (so i can hit what im aiming at instead of bystanders)

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I'd just get a 48...or keep the Roberized 30...the grip is short but it fits my hand like it was made for it, with just enough chub...

...now the 17/19 feels flat...I wonder what the 48 would feel like...

...my hands are not that big...what am I missing here...???...

Top Bottom