SHTF setups

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
This is as good a time as ever to go over some weapon related setups.

Sure you can post your safe full of stuff or saferoom, but...
What can you really carry on your person?
A main handgun, a backup handgun, a carbine, a chest rig or plate carrier setup...with as many mags as you can carry, amirite so far?

I'd like to get into stuff that isn't usually talked about, like holsters, slings, pouches, belt mounted medical kits.
By all means, show your setup.

When i think SHTF setup, i think heavy duty everything. Belt, holster, mag holders. An ITW holster might work for the backup but your main gun should be in a tough as nails holster w some level of retention safety.
I've seen a fair share of videos with guns falling out of holsters in competition from merely running or from taking a fall.
So, end of times guns and gear. Would like to hear/see your ideas.
The likelyhood of such a scenario seems more real with each day.

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I rely on my superb marksmanship, i can hit a five gallon bucket 10 out of ten at 50' with a 12 gauge. No trespassing. Survivors will be violated.

JustTom

BAM
I've been doing a little organizing of inventory.
It's like Christmas opening up boxes and crates.
I'm OK.
If I had as many cases of Heineken on hand as I have cases of ammo, I'd be better.
My wish list includes 1000 t-posts, 3 miles of razor wire, and 6 German shepards.

Tom

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Just picked this up. Must say, it is pretty sweet and fits like a glove. Went through a couple other holsters for a g19 w light and RMR and wasn't satisfied w the fit.
Waiting on a couple safariland mag holders to complete the set.

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
U sure?
Looks like a newer model, not like a 1918.
Maybe 90's going by the long trigger and grips

My duty gear. I know it works in the worst of environments, and I'm fairly well practiced with it.

Safariland ALS holster. Bianchi duty belt, Yates inner belt. Bianchi pistol mag pouches on the belt, Fast Mag AR pouches on belt. KDH Level 3 body armor, couple Fast Mag AR and pistol pouches mounted to it. I'd get rid of the handcuffs, baton and radio pouch.

We've been waiting for our new duty guns (Glock 47) but they aren't here yet. No problem using the old trusty P2000, and I have a Glock 17 as well, with enough ammo for each. I have a Stag 3G rifle w/1-4x MTAC, but I'd probably head to the station and grab the 14.5in Colt w/CompM4 Aimpoint, I know that will run forever. I have a 930 Mossberg, but I'd take one of the 870s from work. Several WMLs - Inforce, M300, TLR1, TLR7, and a couple old Surefires.

All the competition stuff would get chucked into the lake. Joy to shoot, but too much maintenance to deal with when SHTF.

Duty gear isn't sexy, so no pics, it all just works.

BigGar

high on placebo
Ruger 10-22, 12 gauge, and a couple of pistolas. Lots of ammo. GarTel6 capable of dry camping and feeding us for a least a few weeks. Sixty gallons of gas and 120 gallons of fresh water, plus what we can bring bottled. We're not going to survive the apocalypse, but we can get the fuck out of town for awhile if necessary.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I was born battle ready...

...or else I'd have never made past my second week out the the womb.

Of course I'll probably whine about like I did back then but then,
A complaining soldier is a happy soldier.

When they stop complaining is when you need to start worrying.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Sub machine guy with suppressor, no need giving away your position with a ton of noise. Probably have 15 magazines, or more, for it. Extra upper receiver. Thousands of rounds of ammo.

Long range capability is probably the most overlooked aspect of SHTF, if you don’t have capability out to at least 400-500 yards against man sized targets your gonna be quite a ways down the food chain, depending on environment of course, urban or rural, the more open the area, the more critical.

Last edited:

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Long range capability is probably the most overlooked aspect of SHTF, if you don’t have capability out to at least 400-500 yards against man sized targets your gonna be quite a ways down the food chain, depending on environment of course, urban or rural, the more open the area, the more critical.
You can't see thru the trees here much more than a hundred feet or so.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Bert and i are playing with 3 .50 cal vintage replica muskets i inherited ...
can't wait to see what they are capable of... once i am just a bit more sure they wont kill me on the first blast...

who needs bullets when you have a powder horn and a handfull of something that fits in the barrel lol

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Sub machine guy with suppressor, no need giving away your position with a ton of noise. Probably have 15 magazines, or more, for it. Extra upper receiver. Thousands of rounds of ammo.

15 magazines?
Whats that gonna last you, 5 minutes?
Pff...

Your Car Is Slow

HOLYBAMF
i have a ton of 40round pmags (no idea where I got them)...but for whatever reason they will not feed into most of my ARs (likely why whoever i got them from gave them to me)...

they do however fit perfectly into the keltec rdb...makes it look like some sort of scythe! lol

OP

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy

Main and backup
I need to gtfo CT so i could use my Shield Arms 15 rounders.

At this point, an AR platform isn't even worth it living in CT. You're stuck w an "other type weapon" with a max of 10 rnd capacity.

turbopete

BAM
I've run a few hundred round through my Shield Arms mags now with out and issues. I really like the combo for CC! They also said that there should be a mid summer mag release for the standard G43! can't wait!

turbopete

BAM
Loved my P365 until it started letting me down. I wont carry it anymore! It's a shame too, it was a great shooting little hand gun.

Top Bottom