Shot

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
How do you miss at that range??
she was fixated on avoiding the blades. When you’re taught to watch the hands 20x per day (in this case, they had shiny pointy and sharp metal objects in them), the one time you switch to “center of mass”, it conflicts a bit.

i was watching the blades too!

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
honestly I thought she did pretty good. At that range she was on the bad side of the statistics.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Did it say somewhere it was a 9mm? I thought most cops now days carried .40 cal

rumble phish

BAMF+
9mm will tickle a bad guy,

45 or 10 or 357 will drop um or even a short barrel shotgun or 7.62x39 or 223
There are plenty of videos out there that show perps getting hit center mass with .357 Mag, .40, .45ACP, and even .44 Mag and they don't "drop". It ain't like the movies. The only effective shot that will drop an attacker in their tracks is a head shot. And only in the "T" zone. Caliber makes little difference in that case. Maybe messier, but the outcome will be the same.

scottcolbath

BAMF+
she was fixated on avoiding the blades. When you’re taught to watch the hands 20x per day (in this case, they had shiny pointy and sharp metal objects in them), the one time you switch to “center of mass”, it conflicts a bit.

i was watching the blades too!
She should have had more distance between herself and the perp.

S.C.

Not since then feds switch back to 9
Pretty much. 40 s&w is a dead caliber at this point. We’re finishing the switch to 9mm now (going on two years). 40,000+ gun toters. All the .40 guns were put in a giant shredder.

The FBI, HSI, and ICE all switched before we did. The Air Marshals might still be the only odd duck with .357sig but their switching to 9mm too, so f they haven’t already.

Qwik

High Altitude BAMF
Website
www.LABusas.org
Should be 20.

S.C
Think about the distance of a police officer when they approach a vehicle they have pulled over. They tend to stop at 3 yards, every foot that distance increases, the officer’s chance of survival goes up substantially. When I re-tested for my CCW, we had a very interesting conversation about it in class

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
Looks to be a nice neighborhood, any info on the reason he was tweaking ?

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Think about the distance of a police officer when they approach a vehicle they have pulled over. They tend to stop at 3 yards, every foot that distance increases, the officer’s chance of survival goes up substantially. When I re-tested for my CCW, we had a very interesting conversation about it in class
Thta's why I said 20 feet, rather than the 9 feet from your mentioned average distance. Put more space between you and the perp.

S.C.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Pretty much. 40 s&w is a dead caliber at this point. We’re finishing the switch to 9mm now (going on two years). 40,000+ gun toters. All the .40 guns were put in a giant shredder.

The FBI, HSI, and ICE all switched before we did. The Air Marshals might still be the only odd duck with .357sig but their switching to 9mm too, so f they haven’t already.
I still remember when the FBI and other agencies went with the .40 S+W for a little extra power. It won out over the 10mm due to the 10s increased recoil. Critics who favored the 10mm labeled the .40 the "40 Short and Weak". 😄

Now years later, the FBI goes down to the 9mm to get away from the recoil of the .40 cal. The new recruits couldn't handle it....:roll:

That's what they get for hiring more accountants than any other profession.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I still remember when the FBI and other agencies went with the .40 S+W for a little extra power. It won out over the 10mm due to the 10s increased recoil. Critics who favored the 10mm labeled the .40 the "40 Short and Weak". 😄

Now years later, the FBI goes down to the 9mm to get away from the recoil of the .40 cal. The new recruits couldn't handle it....:roll:

That's what they get for hiring more accountants than any other profession.
Less recoil means faster and more accurate follow up shots, which leads to more shots on target, which leads to quicker neutralization of the threat.

02SE

BAMF
How do you miss at that range??
It's not like in the movies. Not that I have any experience in a shootout.

My best friend was a cop. A few years into his career, he's called to a domestic between a sperm donor, and one of his baby mommas. The sperm donor is beating the crap out of the baby momma. When my friend gets there, he sees the first responding officer laying on the ground and not moving. Dead for all my friend knows (Later determined to be knocked unconscious).

He encounters the angry sperm donor, and the fight ensues. My friend tries pepper spray, with no effect. He pulls out his collapsible metal baton, and starts hitting the sperm donor, as he's being attacked by said sperm donor. No effect.

Some of the cloud of pepper spray gets into my friends eyes, and one lense in his glasses is broken. The fight continues on with the perp threatening to kill my friend over and over. All heard on the audio recording of the incident. Eventually you hear my friend yell repeatedly 'stop or I'll shoot'. The perp just keeps saying 'I'm going to fucking kill you'. Shortly after you hear three shots. The perp is hit in the chest, abdomen, and shoulder. Pretty darn good grouping for only having one lense not shattered, pepper spray in the eyes, and being 4:00 am outside in the pouring rain.

After the perp was hit, he kept advancing and threatening my friend for about 30 feet before tripping over a cinder block laying on the ground, and dying. Despite bleeding out at a rapid rate, adrenaline kept the perp going for some time. My friend stopped carrying the Sig P226 after that shooting, and switched to a harder hitting Colt .45 ACP. He never had to use that gun in a shootout, during the rest of his career.

Considering the circumstances in the video, the officer did great.

Top Bottom