Seems I have an idle issue

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
There is about 10-12 acres for sale just about two miles from my house.
You could build a house like mine for under $300K and property taxes on my place are just $1300 a year (it will be about double for that land with a house)
Plus, I would love to have my brother living just down the street. :razz:

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
There is about 10-12 acres for sale just about two miles from my house.
You could build a house like mine for under $300K and property taxes on my place are just $1300 a year (it will be about double for that land with a house)
Plus, I would love to have my brother living just down the street. :razz:

Yury there are GREAT I mean Really Great George F Barber Victorians out in Indiana and Iowa... For CHEAP.. if I could move them here I could make a million off each one. Of course I cant move them but I could head that way.. I remember when me and the ex had the Spite House Tim told me those houses are all over his area he didnt see why they went for so much here. I'll start researching and I can hit you up about the areas.. the problem with most run down victorians is the areas are usually bad or trying to go through a change.

Out here an hour south of Yury , land is cheap if you buy a quantity, like $3000 per acre for 20. All woods, glacier made hills. We enjoy 5 degree higher average temps in the winter and the best roads in the state. Taxes are extremely low on what they consider unbuildable land (forest) but that spot you clear for your yard will be assesed double. Not bad though I'm paying 680 and they say this place is worth 89K. Taxes are definitely something to consider, I have a website I go to for Indiana I can see who owns what, the amount of taxes they pay, if they have exemptions, how they pay, and whether they own their property or not. Also, Southwestern IN, and Kentucky has all kinds of cheap run down crap you can buy on the cheap, and they just built a highway that goes there from civilization. Easy to live in these places if you don't depend on the local economy for your money.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'm retired.. so jobs aren't an issue. As long as every one around me isn't on food stamps I ok with fixer uppers.

Well I've lived in uptight country vs. laidback country. Always gonna be welfare people but it's god's country when you homestead out where people won't commute and hardly no one is imported. Leave your keys in the car and you can buy gas without someone begging off you. Once people decide they like you they are your best friend, golden....tight knit. Most vote republican of course but politics is seldom discussed. Closest big city is a liberal college town and I'll take that over Indy anyday.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...it is nice to have options...the world is your oyster now...

Top Bottom