Seems I have an idle issue

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
After putting the pipe, PCV, and the ignition box my idle is sitting at 1500. I tried the 15 minute idle reset but no change. I have read conflicting reports on the idle reset with the o2 sensors bypassed. Saying the reset won't work with them bypassed.

I'm thinking maybe check the throttle bodies for ballance to see if the idle will drop. But not sure if I'm wasting my time.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Not yet.. I'm scheldual for a map check in another week.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
According to the dealer 1200 is not high..

My KTM book does not give RPM specs to see if he is dicking me or not.. he said I can not adjust the idle manually.. best I can do is ballance the throttle bodies. Now you see why people hate dealers.

Anal Disco

BAMF
my 10 second google search does show that the KTMs do in fact idle high, average 1500 RPMs.

That's on a superduke thread, dunno if that applies to you.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Tune ECU allows you to dick with some KTM's... for free, but you have to get the cable, and then figure out how to work it.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Thanks AD..

Let's talk Auto tune. I didnt hook mine up after listening to one tuner say it's a waste of time.. what do you think about them MC?

Master-Cylinder

Thanks AD..

Let's talk Auto tune. I didnt hook mine up after listening to one tuner say it's a waste of time.. what do you think about them MC?

As I recall (I use so much of this junk it's hard to remember them all without actually using them) you record data/recommended value with it, dump that into the PCV and repeat a few times.
As for it being useful or not. I wouldn't buy one. I doubt I even buy a PC5. Check out the new DynoJet Power Vision. They are most likely going to make them for most popular motorcycles. Read all aboot it.

RobBase

BAMF
Thanks AD..

That's what I was trying to tell you. I spent a lot of time mounting and wiring up the PCV and AutoTune. But after the pipe
and airbox installation, I've been running it with the stock ECM and have yet to hook up the Dynojet stuff. And it still pulls 4th
gear wheelies.
Better off selling that stuff and getting a flash from Bren or others.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Thanks Rob...I think I'm headed to Massachusetts to get a tune when I come back from down south.

All the fucking "tuners" here want me to use their map.. all I wanted was for them to check my map to see if both maps where good or not. Then fine tune it. These fucks are pissing me off enough to just buy a dyno.

Master-Cylinder

Thanks Rob...I think I'm headed to Massachusetts to get a tune when I come back from down south.

All the fucking "tuners" here want me to use their map.. all I wanted was for them to check my map to see if both maps where good or not. Then fine tune it. These fucks are pissing me off enough to just buy a dyno.

Just have BilletMan make you one. Could probably 3D print it.

My take on auto tune... the sensor is lazy. But thats why they can sell it for what they do...
I have an old wideband monitor that I used to tape to my gas tank and ride the bike around to see what was going on fuel wise.
Also how many times are you going to make changes to the map with a auto tune?? Most of the dipshits I see at the track with them need a primer on throttle application vs worrying if their "map" is good.

Hapo

Dog Boy

...you could move to the stcks and start a new business...

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
...you could move to the stcks and start a new business...
The hunt is on now that all my responsibilities are over here in NY. The sticks are what I seek as my plan is not to be too close to neighbors

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I found 5 acres bare land in central oregon not far from where I bought. $K100. Can check it out for you next week.

Snail

20 K/ acre seems cheap compared to Oregon coastal property. It looked like relatively flat, usable land, partially wooded pine.

I'll be nearby and can check it out if you're interested.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
20 K/ acre seems cheap compared to Oregon coastal property. It looked like relatively flat, usable land, partially wooded pine.

I'll be nearby and can check it out if you're interested.
What is the average sq ft build price and property tax rates?

I'm done with ANY STATE like NY with their insane property taxes.

Hapo

Dog Boy
The hunt is on now that all my responsibilities are over here in NY. The sticks are what I seek as my plan is not to be too close to neighbors
...yea...the moonshine fueled midnite dyno runs might annoy any neighbors close by...

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Portland is lost but the rest of the state is Highly desirable.. climate and openness is to my liking

RobBase

BAMF
Went through Oregon back in 2002. Along the coast, it was beautiful, but I do remember it being windy all the time and 6-7 months of the year, I couldnt handle the gray skies and rain.

Snail

Dechuttes county property taxes are very low compared to the coastal counties.

No idea what building expense per square foot.

Extraordinary recreation. Lakes, rivers, mountains. Wide open space, and best of all the natives are friendly and not intrusive.

Snail

I'm glad you couldn't handle Oregon Robase. You're in a better place.

Master-Cylinder

I just installed a PCV EX on a Yamaha XV1900. You cannot make adjustments from zero to 40% TPS and from 500 to 3700 RPM. Absolutely fucking worthless!

Now I have to take all that shit back off. Real money maker. :mrlucky:

Hapo

Dog Boy
Portland is lost but the rest of the state is Highly desirable.. climate and openness is to my liking
...Portland is on both coasts...it is not the only thing ME and OR have in common...just sayin'...

...aaanyway, some places in ME land is $5000 per acer...

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
...Portland is on both coasts...it is not the only thing ME and OR have in common...just sayin'...

...aaanyway, some places in ME land is $5000 per acer...
The empty lot next door to me . 68 x 78 just sold for 1.1 million. 5k an acre is a bargain but Maine weather is not in my future

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I accept this but fail to understand it as I love Maine weather but would never consider willingly jumping into cold water...

Snail

I like Texas.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Texas is super nice to visit . I'm sure there is still blood in the dirt at Lackland from my days catching dogs there for 4 years.. cops are cool not even asking for ID for a simple speeding warning. But once it gets above 98 degrees this fat kid melts. It is also damn pricey real estate for me to call home.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I wish I could move back to Maine...

...I wish we could be better associated some how...

...I wish for a lot o' shit...

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
...I accept this but fail to understand it as I love Maine weather but would never consider willingly jumping into cold water...

Cold water is a frame of mind.. shoveling snow isn't bad.. but if frozen tundra was my thing I would head to Alaska.. but that whole lack of sun kills that state for me

Hapo

Dog Boy
...like...I wish I had an idle issue...not even all that particular aboot what was idling... .!.:D.!.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...where to you get the Idea that Maine is/has frozen tundra...?!?...

...that shit is up ubove the 49th parallel where we tried to shove the Canukes...

...you could live someplace beautiful private and free for low $$$ and still drive to New York in 6 to 9 hours from Vinnie's house...

...you know...in case don't know where to get good coke in Boston...:triniti::razz::wink2:

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I'll travel up that way ... every nice deal I seen way WAY North ... might as well be buying in Nova Scotia

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
There some nice coastal deals in Maryland... but gun laws are keeping me out of tgere.. seems NYC is contagious for stupid gun laws.

Top Bottom