SCOTUS

BigGar

high on placebo
If Roe V. Wade were overturned, abortion would be instantly illegal in 18 states, due to existing and already enacted trigger laws.
Which is probably one of the best things that could happen as the Republicans, most who are pro-choice, even if they claim they're not (unless their daughter gets knocked up of course) would then freak the fuck out and have to answer to their constituents. Abortion would then become legal again very quickly in every state that thought it should be banned. If not, the Republican party goes away, forever. I'd love for this shit to just be settled and done. I'm pro-choice to a point. That point is about 16-20 weeks. I'm also fine with the government paying for each and every one of them. There's no lack of humans. Why force people not ready to be parents to be parents, or most likely, parent? After that certain point, no more abortion. You're gonna have that baby unless there's some serious health risk or seriously fucked up baby inside of you.

Pro-life (I understand and respect their life begins at conception argument, but I don't agree with it) is a minority opinion that only gets more and more unpopular. The longer the right hangs onto this as part of their platform and give the Democrats this continual "anti-woman" ammunition, the less and less they will be elected.

Disagree if you like, but speaking as a right leaning non-Democrat voter, we need to get our shit together on this issue. We also need to push for federal legalization of pot (and everything else IMHO). We also need to push for a true and equitable justice system that literally exterminates habitually violent predators and make prisons a place for your generally fucked up thieves and grifters of all colors. But the truly fucked up among us don't need to go to any sort of prison. They just have to go.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
My grand son was born at 20 weeks, he's alive and breaking shit.
Add that to your calculator.
My neighbors kid was born at 21 weeks maybe 22 just before the 3rd trimester. Wasnt necessarily an "at risk" scenario either as the mom is in her early 30s.
Kid is weeks older than my buddys daughter who is taking steps at 10 months.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Which is probably one of the best things that could happen as the Republicans, most who are pro-choice, even if they claim they're not (unless their daughter gets knocked up of course) would then freak the fuck out and have to answer to their constituents. Abortion would then become legal again very quickly in every state that thought it should be banned. If not, the Republican party goes away, forever. I'd love for this shit to just be settled and done. I'm pro-choice to a point. That point is about 16-20 weeks. I'm also fine with the government paying for each and every one of them. There's no lack of humans. Why force people not ready to be parents to be parents, or most likely, parent? After that certain point, no more abortion. You're gonna have that baby unless there's some serious health risk or seriously fucked up baby inside of you.

Pro-life (I understand and respect their life begins at conception argument, but I don't agree with it) is a minority opinion that only gets more and more unpopular. The longer the right hangs onto this as part of their platform and give the Democrats this continual "anti-woman" ammunition, the less and less they will be elected.

Disagree if you like, but speaking as a right leaning non-Democrat voter, we need to get our shit together on this issue. We also need to push for federal legalization of pot (and everything else IMHO). We also need to push for a true and equitable justice system that literally exterminates habitually violent predators and make prisons a place for your generally fucked up thieves and grifters of all colors. But the truly fucked up among us don't need to go to any sort of prison. They just have to go.

There's a spiritual aspect to life that cannot be ignored as we are spiritual beings, regardless if an established religious practice is followed of not.
I still think about the child that could have been, that I selfishly encouraged the girl that was carrying it, to abort.
Oh I didn't give it a second thought at the time but, I didn't forget the trauma of the procedure gone through.
Was I ready to be a parent? Hell no and life would have been difficult for all involved because I was so young and ignorant however,
I've come to see life and existence in a different manner and that is, that it's all a gift, even the shitty parts where we suffer because,
that's where we learn our best lessons as human beings and grow into the people we are, if we can step back and see our own acts.

How could I deny life to another person, who is not actively trying to deny me my own?

Last edited:

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Fathers have no rights in this situation... That's what pisses me off.

We have the right to pay child support if the baby is had, however we have no say if the "mother" terminates the baby.

Women should have the choice to murder their off spring.... Just as much as a man shouldn't have to pay for it if she decides to keep it.

Pass that law and ill get behind whores rights.

Top Bottom