SCOTUS

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Her appointment is a POTUS masterstroke
Off in the distance I heard a bunch of Blue strategist's brains explode
lets just see how "low" they can go on the confirmation hearing. I want AOC to fire those chicklet chompers about how she has a BA from BU and all her distinctions...lol. :fu:
Pretty sure growing up in the NY area and having to attend a Boston college says all we need to know about her scholastic accomplishments. Lets not forget she took a bar exam... at a real bar!

OP
Why do you think she'll be a good judge, besides the fact that Trump picked her? Any notable past decisions she's written that you agree with?
She intelligent (first in her class).
She clerked for Scalia, a big plus IMHO.
She is a constitutionalist for interpretation of the law. Not some liberal POS who will legislate from the bench.
She went through a pretty tough confirmation just a few years when she was named to the 7th circuit and handled herself well.

And best of all, she's making libtard heads explode!

Austin_F

BAMF+
Why do you think she'll be a good judge, besides the fact that Trump picked her? Any notable past decisions she's written that you agree with?
This article says quite a bit.

Barrett, 48, came to national prominence in 2017 when she was pulled from her post as a law professor at the University of Notre Dame and named to the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Randy Barnett, a law professor at Georgetown University, said Barrett “is knowledgeable” about US constitutional theory “as evidenced by her writings as a constitutional law professor”.

On Saturday, Barrett said that Scalia’s “judicial philosophy” was hers, as well. “Judges must apply the law as written. Judges are not policy makers,” she said.

But there are signs that the tone – at least among legal experts – may be more civil than the 2018 controversy over Kavanaugh’s confirmation, an admittedly low standard.

Harvard Law School professor Noah Feldman, a liberal constitutional scholar who advocated for Trump’s impeachment before the House Judiciary Committee, wrote in a Bloomberg opinion article that Barrett has the qualifications to be on the Supreme Court.

“I got to know Barrett more than 20 years ago when we clerked at the Supreme Court during the 1998-99 term. Of the 30-some clerks that year, all of whom had graduated at the top of their law school classes and done prestigious appellate clerkships before coming to work at the court, Barrett stood out,” Feldman wrote.

It would be harder, I think, to list why she WOULDN'T be a good judge.

Most of use, including liberals, should want a constitutionalist, not an activist.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Most of use, including liberals, should want a constitutionalist, not an activist.
There is a significant group in politics who opine for activism on the bench as a method of eliminating the need to write laws thereby altering the nature of the SC to another legislative branch instead of the judicial branch as written in the [obsolete] US Constitution....the piece of paper that guarantees our rights are not given to us by government...not given to us by the Congress, the executive branch, or SCOTUS

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
AKA, the Unaffordable Healthcare Act.
Right... when that was in effect it cost me roughly $1200/month for a family of 3. It would have been cheaper for me to go on disability for life.
A few things I learned.
-NEVER attach a kid to your policy. Buy them a standalone... much cheaper
-If you dont want to buy coverage for your kid... find a local childrens hospital... its gratis!! All of it!
-never go to a medicade pharmacy... EVER! Fucking zoo! :fu:

Austin_F

BAMF+
Obama's clusterfuck doubled the cost my wife and I's healthcare with less coverage.
You're not supposed to care about your wife. Only the people who don't want to work so didn't have access to employer provided healthcare.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
There is a significant group in politics who opine for activism on the bench as a method of eliminating the need to write laws thereby altering the nature of the SC to another legislative branch instead of the judicial branch as written in the [obsolete] US Constitution....the piece of paper that guarantees our rights are not given to us by government...not given to us by the Congress, the executive branch, or SCOTUS
This was started by all the lawyers in the Democratic party. Lawyers started using the SCOTUS to create new "laws".
Now they're upset that the Republicans are woke enough to start fighting back about it.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
This was started by all the lawyers in the Democratic party. Lawyers started using the SCOTUS to create new "laws".
Now they're upset that the Republicans are woke enough to start fighting back about it.
I am penalizing you 10 points for using the word "woke" when trying to describe common sense.

BigGar

high on placebo
I feel like she's a Ted Cruz with tits, not that there's anything wrong with that.

A little too right for my tastes, but far better than any left leaning activist judge.

If she sticks to the Constitution, which is what she says she'll do, that's great.

I'm not under any illusions that abortion will ever be outlawed in the United States, and that's a good thing.

The left will prattle on and whine about that, but even if Roe v. Wade was overturned, it wouldn't make abortion illegal.

Plus, the Republicans are smarter than that.

If they really want to stomp all over their dicks and never win another election, just outlaw abortion.

Game ovaries.

Stetson

BAMF
The left will prattle on and whine about that, but even if Roe v. Wade was overturned, it wouldn't make abortion illegal.
If Roe V. Wade were overturned, abortion would be instantly illegal in 18 states, due to existing and already enacted trigger laws.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
If Roe V. Wade were overturned, abortion would be instantly illegal in 18 states, due to existing and already enacted trigger laws.
So, it would be a long drive to the nearest clinic with some time to think about what you are about to do...

...or maybe not think about it and just enjoy the road trip. :neutral:

CID

BAMF+
(joe biden voice) COME ON MAAAN..... Everybody knows that good people want Americans to have abortions so that South Americans can replace them with the ... you know the THING and thats why I voted for the wall before I voted against it

it should be a state by state issue...

keep the fed out of our pussies...
No, it shouldn't. We should have some basic minimum standards that apply evenly across the board.

Unlike you, I support separation of church and state EVERYWHERE, not just the states that choose to opt into it.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Personally, I think people should be allowed the choice to murder their own children or not.
I wouldn't ever choose it, again, for personal reasons.

The state shouldn't be allowed control over people reproductive systems...
...except for violent murderous fuck wits, they should just be prevented from reproducing ever or again asap via execution.

Top Bottom