San Diego to Ensenada

wormser77

BAMF
I know a few on here have done it, how's driving down there?
We are flying into the whales vagina on December 27th and staying a night, next day taking the blue line and walking to TJ where we will stay the night.
Wake up, get a rental car and head to Guadalupe valley for a night, then to Ensenada for a night, up to Rosarito for 2 nights (new years eve) then back to SD for a couple nights. We fly out on the 4th.
Only been to PV and Cabo, never driven there but it didn't look to bad.
Any pointers, shit to look out for or must hit spots?
My wife, the super planner, is kinda freaking out😝

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I forgot the Spanish, take the toll road to Ensenada.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
If there's a choice between the toll road and the free road, take the toll

OP
OP
wormser77

wormser77

BAMF
Squid, we hit SD a few years ago for sx and had fun in the gas light district bars!

Went to Dicks last resort and had a blast, a couple rolled in and had no clue why the bartender was ripping on em🤣

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
I have a good friend who has lived in Mexico off and on for 20 years, he married a Mexican gal, speaks fluent Spanish...he will not set foot in Mexico any more, to dangerous. He not a pussy either, 6ft 4inch, 270 pounds. I wouldn’t go....

Borderland Beat

BigGar

high on placebo
I'm not a fan of Tijuana these days. Used to head down on a whim for an afternoon of beers and tacos. Haven't done that for years. No big deal driving down there. Make sure you have the Mexican insurance. Rosarito is only about ten miles south of TJ. Ensenada about sixty or so. LaFonda is an awesome restaurant about halfway between. Lobster and such. Super reasonable and lots of fun. If you're driving around I'd go to San Felipe. A little further south but on the warm side of the peninsula for that time of year. I'm sure burly and I will track you guys down when you're here.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
These guys didn't have a problem, in the video anyway but, there was a a group of them traveling together.

OP
OP
wormser77

wormser77

BAMF
For sure Gar, we will be back in San Diego for the nights of January 2nd and 3rd.
After hearing a bunch of horror stories about being a gringo in a rental car and getting pulled over for a shakedown we are just going to bus around, sounds alot less stressful.

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
For sure Gar, we will be back in San Diego for the nights of January 2nd and 3rd.
After hearing a bunch of horror stories about being a gringo in a rental car and getting pulled over for a shakedown we are just going to bus around, sounds alot less stressful.
Check PM

califblue

BAMF
Puerto Nuevo · lobster
La fonda - drinking and eating
Ensenada... tourist
La bufadora _ blow hole a little south of Ensenada

- airbnb.com‎...nice places for cheep

a taxi for the boarder to Rosarito is only $35

NEVER drive at NIGHT PERIOD...taxi

Top Bottom