Sabatoge Canadian style

agri

BAMF
Guess the 3rd party security company hired were on top of their game???
If anyone has seen a cable under tension let go, it truly can fucking kill you.
I had a client who use to tow skids loaded with gearboxes. They used to tie it onto the front of a skid. Some kid 18 yrs old, 3 days on the job is walking by and the rope snapped, it cut him in half.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Guess the 3rd party security company hired were on top of their game???
If anyone has seen a cable under tension let go, it truly can fucking kill you.
I had a client who use to tow skids loaded with gearboxes. They used to tie it onto the front of a skid. Some kid 18 yrs old, 3 days on the job is walking by and the rope snapped, it cut him in half.

Is he OK???

agri

BAMF
vegas,
The client builds TBM's. The kid was a son of a 20 year veteran there. The father never went back, all very sad.
And yes, apparently it was a very unpleasant sight.

Dameon

BAMF+
A simple blanket goes a long way it keeping shit under control.

I saw a guy in a Yamaha Rhino winching out another guy in a Yamaha Rhino stuck in the mud. When a Rhino gets stuck, it is damn stuck. Those things are like tanks in the mud, so when you sink one, it's pretty solid. The pulling winch was on the front of one and he was pulling the guy out by his front. The metal winch cable snapped and whipped back with enough force in both directions to do some serious bodywork damage on both Rhinos.

I was serious blanket user after watching videos of cables breaking with and without a blanket.

agri

BAMF
LOL, once on an ATV tour with some newbies we reached a spot where the trail washed out and we were faced with a 10 ft wall.
I had no intention of back tracking.
I winched 3 machines vertically up the wall, and yes I stood far back with my remote cable controller.
The faces on those guys was priceless.

For any guys in Toronto , my story about the kid getting killed was with Lovat Tunnel.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem

I saw a guy in a Yamaha Rhino winching out another guy in a Yamaha Rhino stuck in the mud. When a Rhino gets stuck, it is damn stuck. Those things are like tanks in the mud, so when you sink one, it's pretty solid. The pulling winch was on the front of one and he was pulling the guy out by his front. The metal winch cable snapped and whipped back with enough force in both directions to do some serious bodywork damage on both Rhinos.

I was serious blanket user after watching videos of cables breaking with and without a blanket.
I was going to give this a thumbs up, but its just too much of a safety factor. If you don't have a blanket then what ever you can get your hands on, a jacket even. Otherwise if you're the operator or not and you see people in harms way, fucking speak up.

Dameon

BAMF+
I winched 3 machines vertically up the wall, and yes I stood far back with my remote cable controller.
Yeah, my Warn had a wireless remote. The few times I used the winch, it was with the remote in hand standing a good bit away, even with the blanket on the cable.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Yeah, my Warn had a wireless remote. The few times I used the winch, it was with the remote in hand standing a good bit away, even with the blanket on the cable.
years ago I had to manually winch a truck sideways that was wedged between a couple of trees. While I was doing this with a come along, there was a Karen (that was actually her name) there telling me how this was never going to work. I finally turned to her and said that if this cable breaks its going to cut you in half.....and suddenly she was on the other side of the road very quietly watching....as I pulled the truck out by my self with out her fucking comments.

Dameon

BAMF+
I was going to give this a thumbs up, but its just too much of a safety factor. If you don't have a blanket then what ever you can get your hands on, a jacket even. Otherwise if you're the operator or not and you see people in harms way, fucking speak up.
You're one of the few here that probably operates a CTL enough to appreciate the dangers that can befall you when working these machines. I can't tell you the number of times I've been in a situation where I start a process and then realize if shit goes sideways, I'll be injured. It's easy to forget, especially on the joystick machines, just how much power you're throwing around with such apparent ease. I was clearing some trees up around my land after Hurricane Laura and grabbed onto a monster limb that when lifted released a whip limb underneath it that smacked the face of my Bobcat hard enough to cause me to wince. If it had been a bit shorter and not hit across the opening, but rather inside the opening, that would have sucked. I don't normally keep my door on because of the crappy design of the arm and door opening. Kubota has that shit figured out.

Anyway, Maui's right: see something, say something.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor

Synthetic ropes for winches are the real shit :up:

Team222

BAMF
I just finished a big ole plate of corn beef, potatoes, carrots and cabbage, this is what I have learned!
Dameon, is into blankets.
AD, ball mounts are a no, no.
Agri, Lovat Tunnel is haunted
Austin, is lost
Maui, says to speak the fuck up and shut the fuck up
Wormser, he's tellin us all it's sabotage
Frost, is into synthetics
MC, has blisters on his fingers
Wrench, is pulling the topper

This place is like a box of chocolates.

OP
wormser77

wormser77

BAMF
Was leaving a private mx track in bfe maybe 17 years ago in my little 91 toyota 4x4.
Going across the road that cut across a hillside and a reached down to grab a gatorade, dropped the front right tire off and rolled it. Was a bunch of buck brush so it was a super slo mo roll 1 time then stopped on it's wheels sideways buried in brush, thought I was fucked.
Owner saw me and said hold on, I got ya.
Shows up in a skid steer and positions himself uphill of the road and we run a cable. He tell me to put it in 4 low, turn the wheels and he'll yank me out.
All I could imagine was that cable coming through the windshield and smashing my face in so I was crouched barely looking over the dash.
Fucker did pull me right up a steep ass embankment!
Cable dug into the road a good foot and a half as well.
Things I learned that day.
Skid steers are completely bad ass!
And the cheesey little bolt in double roll bars work! Dented almost every panel but no windows broke and almost no damage to 2 bikes in back👍🏻

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Was leaving a private mx track in bfe maybe 17 years ago in my little 91 toyota 4x4.
Going across the road that cut across a hillside and a reached down to grab a gatorade, dropped the front right tire off and rolled it. Was a bunch of buck brush so it was a super slo mo roll 1 time then stopped on it's wheels sideways buried in brush, thought I was fucked.
Owner saw me and said hold on, I got ya.
Shows up in a skid steer and positions himself uphill of the road and we run a cable. He tell me to put it in 4 low, turn the wheels and he'll yank me out.
All I could imagine was that cable coming through the windshield and smashing my face in so I was crouched barely looking over the dash.
Fucker did pull me right up a steep ass embankment!
Cable dug into the road a good foot and a half as well.
Things I learned that day.
Skid steers are completely bad ass!
And the cheesey little bolt in double roll bars work! Dented almost every panel but no windows broke and almost no damage to 2 bikes in back👍🏻
Today, you would replace grabbing a Gatorade with Cell Phone.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Never winch someone out by the ball mount either.
On what? A SxS or a little jap pickup?

The ball mount on my Crown Vic held up fine when we winched it out of a muddy field. The rollback operator had 125' of cable out, and the car was a little over 15 degrees away from parallel, but it came out just fine pulling on my ball. Of course, it was attached to the frame with 4 9/16ths bolts.

I even took the hitch off before the Vic left for the junkyard and it's now on my Lincoln.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
The worst, is running your hand along a cable and..... :eek:
Thats why i loved synth winch ropes.. bare hands on it no sweat.. and if it snaps off.. no damage.. and you can even tie it back together with a knot, litterally and still pull yourself out

Automatic flying drones with killer blades that cut into some one's face, second or third or more drones to spray the people with bright florescent paint or invisible paint only seen under UV light can or should be used.

Drones now days can be pre-program to fly a certain pattern and fly back to their home base and recharge, some drones with video camera streaming video back to a base or security system and command center and pre-program all roads leading and exit the area to block off and inspect possible intruder leaving that is why the invisible paint drone sprayer can come into play to ID if a person was involved.

Have drones pre program to fly a certain flight pattern when triggered to survey the area and pin point the intruder and have auto lighting system on each legs/poles to come on when someone tries to climb the pole.

• WTF
Reactions: Red

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
I was working on a logging job, setting chokers when we pulled down one of the biggest yarder/towers made, a BU99 Skagit.
Nobody got hurt.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Are the cable cutting canook criminals financing their ventures with shoes smuggled from Schenectady?
The border patrol has their hands full keeping those Arctic animal anarchists on their side of the snow fence.

Top Bottom