rush job

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
So on Thursday night one of my customers says to me I need you to make me a custom part and I need it by Saturday. Apparently there’s some race or event and the car needs to be loaded Monday night headed back east. I tell them I can’t do it, but I am curious to what it is. They show me and I think I can knock this out Friday potentially.

I look around and I don’t have the aluminum to do it. Need 9 x 9 x 1.5 blocks. I give them some resources and tell them have me metal in hand in the morning and I will get it done. I make a similar part for them and have lots of the geometry. I tell them if they can get me metal and agree to my financial terms it will get done.

They agree so I stayed late Thursday as I was already running a job for them and came in early today to finish that job so the mill would be free.

Here is what they need, some of the round adapters geometry into the existing tombstone adapter. Basically make one part using both parts geometry. I make that tombstone adapter regularly for them and all of their race cars. I got material around 12pm and got to work

BF9D1EBE-6B45-4BE9-8BC2-8C2376EB5038.jpeg

First order of the day is to square the offsite material they found locally.

4E636FB3-B4EC-4D2A-A3F3-C9F2DAEFE94D.jpeg

After some program adjustments it looks like 8.5 x 9 will and that’s what I squared the material to

87ACF512-D8E4-44C6-BDD9-7CBA1891BB2A.jpeg

After some programming and joining the two sets of geometry. I finished the first op

0E214EA1-3330-4249-82A6-6676B7B3E120.jpeg

Here is the badass billet transfer case that this part is bolting to.

9DA7E6ED-E686-4D01-BC78-B47A5FD6FD08.jpeg3E4B4212-7F56-4834-A8FF-57601E983FBF.jpeg5F4D2FF7-9C8C-4292-9F46-CDDDF6598505.jpeg

After a design change to help with some interface issues I was able to finish the part up and actually made two. Did test fits on the transmission and transfer case and it all fits perfect!! All done start to finish in about 6 hours and after rushing home and taking a quick shower I made our 6:30 dinner plans.

This was quite the undertaking in such a short time with short notice and I spent the entire time from lunch until I left working on nothing but this part

C2C2A9CA-E21A-4AE9-9AFF-E3088155232D.jpeg

braindead_organdonor

unpopular opinions
Great negotiations too.
So you would have missed dinner if they didn't acquire their own material and you didn't have existing tool path geometry?
Love it when a plan comes together.

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Great negotiations too.
So you would have missed dinner if they didn't acquire their own material and you didn't have existing tool path geometry?
Love it when a plan comes together.
For sure…..been working my ass for the last 6 weeks with some really large orders for us. I didn’t have the material and had plans with the wife, kid and friends that I keep telling no. I put them first and squeezed the job in.

gsxrian

BAMF
So on Thursday night one of my customers says to me I need you to make me a custom part and I need it by Saturday. Apparently there’s some race or event and the car needs to be loaded Monday night headed back east. I tell them I can’t do it, but I am curious to what it is. They show me and I think I can knock this out Friday potentially.

I look around and I don’t have the aluminum to do it. Need 9 x 9 x 1.5 blocks. I give them some resources and tell them have me metal in hand in the morning and I will get it done. I make a similar part for them and have lots of the geometry. I tell them if they can get me metal and agree to my financial terms it will get done.

They agree so I stayed late Thursday as I was already running a job for them and came in early today to finish that job so the mill would be free.

Here is what they need, some of the round adapters geometry into the existing tombstone adapter. Basically make one part using both parts geometry. I make that tombstone adapter regularly for them and all of their race cars. I got material around 12pm and got to work

View attachment 72362

First order of the day is to square the offsite material they found locally.

View attachment 72363

After some program adjustments it looks like 8.5 x 9 will and that’s what I squared the material to

View attachment 72364

After some programming and joining the two sets of geometry. I finished the first op

View attachment 72365

Here is the badass billet transfer case that this part is bolting to.

View attachment 72367View attachment 72368View attachment 72369

After a design change to help with some interface issues I was able to finish the part up and actually made two. Did test fits on the transmission and transfer case and it all fits perfect!! All done start to finish in about 6 hours and after rushing home and taking a quick shower I made our 6:30 dinner plans.

This was quite the undertaking in such a short time with short notice and I spent the entire time from lunch until I left working on nothing but this part

View attachment 72370
You do good work with a hack saw, bastard file and strawberry jelly:)

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
The good part about doing work for racers is that they will break it. When it does break, they'll be grateful that you enabled their quest, and come back for more. :cdolan::biggrin::greedy:
This was a part they used break regularly and since we built a billet one and beefed everything up it’s been golden

• Red
Reactions: Red

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Just curious , what are they racing ?? Doesn't look like this goee on a race car ?

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
What ... likes it hard?

I could have sent Steve over and designed, fabricated, and fully polished in 1.5 hours. ;)
Steve? You mean the Scrap Bracket Cover Model of the Year?

We are changing the name of the business because he made that one bracket in our shop, we do not want a bad wrap

Terry_Schiavo

ScrapBracket.org moderator and admins
I dont like to brag... I maybe on the cover of Mother Jones soon... for my ability to use refuse materials. Still negotiating... I dont want to be known as "garbage man" maaaan :fu:

OP
Stites

Stites

Schiavo is my bitch
Got word today that my customer car took 3rd in the race over the weekend. Nice sigh of relief that your part worked and their entire new project was a sucess.

This should be a standard part for us to make now that we know it works.

Scott

Top Bottom