Riding an R3 at a Track Day

Stuman

smoothly disappears
Website
www.stumanrides.com
I published a new video about riding a Yamaha R3 race bike on my YouTube Channel. It was crazzy fun riding this bike at a track day. So much so that I kinda want one now :) Check out the video and please subscibe to my channel if you haven't already. And thanks to everyone that has subscribed!

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Not bad

Some observations: Your delivery needs work. You come off as uncomfortable in your narrative. I'd suggest you get a 2nd party to join you in an interview type of format where you share your insights by answering questions. This would also be a more natural fit for you being an instructor.

The track footage is great. But the opening minutes where you're doing an inventory of the bike could've been done in a setting that doesn't look like a meat locker.

Do like Doug Demuro and make a point of not soliciting 'likes' and 'subscribes'. It comes off as cheap, and it's youtube, everybody knows the like and subscribe ritual already.

Looking forward to the next edition :up:

Feel free to tell me to fuck off :)

C. Dolan

BAMF+
I haven't ridden a 400 yet, but I believe the Kawi is a better platform for racing from what I have seen at the club level.
Got a couple of 400's down here.

Forks spot on for 170 to 190 Lb rider at 32 mm sag.

Have 1 bone stock and another with Akra, Power Commander done by Lee's, and Penske rear shock.

MadRussian

HOLYBAMF
Doug Demuro is a fucking idiot with speech impediment and a huge hooked nose.
He thinks he is funny, but after 2 minutes I wanted to choke the life out of him. :thumbdown:

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
I'm OK with Doug

My only critique is that his fame and fortune are way beyond his talent. I've heard unsubstantiated claims that his youtube channel earns him $20k/month and in some cases even more by another car youtuber that took his monthly views/subscriptions and extrapolated to the #'s Doug was pulling in, which is in the millions. I don't get why he pulls in so many viewers.

He recently bought a 05/06 Ford GT. Those cars have skyrocketed in value so obviously he's doing well and the earnings estimates might be spot on.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
He thinks he is funny, but after 2 minutes I wanted to choke the life out of him. :thumbdown:
Never heard of the fucker, but I'll take your word for choking the life out of him. Matter of fact... I think you should.:hang3:

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Say what you will about Doug, but he is living the life. He could very well have driven more drool inducing cars than any other living person on the planet

This one vid alone has 5 million (million) views and 4 ads

whitepower

Color Belt Judo Guy
Not bad

Some observations: Your delivery needs work. You come off as uncomfortable in your narrative. I'd suggest you get a 2nd party to join you in an interview type of format where you share your insights by answering questions. This would also be a more natural fit for you being an instructor.

The track footage is great. But the opening minutes where you're doing an inventory of the bike could've been done in a setting that doesn't look like a meat locker.

Do like Doug Demuro and make a point of not soliciting 'likes' and 'subscribes'. It comes off as cheap, and it's youtube, everybody knows the like and subscribe ritual already.

Looking forward to the next edition :up:

Feel free to tell me to fuck off :)

Ditto.
I was gonna say, u do the riding and let somebody else talk. You sound and look about as enthusiastic as a dead man

Drakhen

BAMF
He's a shitload more tolerable than that Shmeeeeee guy who does the same "look at this supercar" schtick.

Hapo

Dog Boy
...take some pointers from the Pyramid Air videos I have been going on aboot...

...the material may be of little interest to you but the productions come off as very professional which is what you are looking for here...

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I understand that you face some challenges these guys don't have to deal with but the structure and concise coverage of the material are note worthy...

...imho you should have a little stuidio for some portions of the production...the class room parts should be in a class room with proper teaching aids...

...where your productions will really shine is the track footage...your drone skills could really make some impressions...

zxfan

BAM
Well let me be the first to say as one who watches probably too much YouTube that you did a great job. The only pointer I would make is do your take away on the bike after a lap somewhere where it's quieter. 👍👍

luckystrike

Mr. Floaty Shit
Website
lemonparty.org
Just watched Doug review Jay Leno's McLaren F1, posted 2 days ago and already has 1.1 million hits

I thought of your post afterwards and am trying to understand your 'speech impediment' claim, cuz I'm not hearing it...

Top Bottom