Rhino!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I went into a bid war at a place on Lookout two weeks ago and let it pass when it got more then what I think the area could recoup. But still looking on the Tenn/GA boarder there.

A nice place in PA sold in three days on asking price that was a steal that really hit a lot of check points.

Now back to searching again. One thing about semi rual areas you better have cash in hand because ciyu folks from all over are snapping shit up.

OP
Squidwerd

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned

Check this out... Its not like its an insane amount of difference.
Pretty cool read for anyone interested in the south.
um that article lags on a bunch of things. A household income of $40k? $200k house? New houses are way north of $200k and even more in desirable areas.

OP
Squidwerd

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Also ill never value a wooden home(unless its like a fucking real log cabin) more than a trailer or manufactured home...

The shit we are remodeling, even if its 100 years old, once taken to the stud's are still so ... Cheap?

A brick home is another story... Same for many built with concrete or steel...

My Mexican subs laugh all the way to the bank with how we construct our homes... I tell em not everyone likes cinder block and stucco

Last edited:
OP
Squidwerd

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
Look at my options for coastal living...

Florida No.
Georgia.... I hate georgia... Virginia and North carolina... The beaches their are gay. All though NC has great moutains and awesome lakes...
And Virginia is beautiful farm land...

South Carolina has both Beautiful beaches and Moutains rivers and lakes..

If you enjoy the outdoors its the best all around state in the south...

Florida is too god damn hot year round and way too many Latinos ...

I'm used to black people.. We got plenty in Chattanooga... And their are plenty close to the coast... Not so many by the mountains... :)

Need a spot on the east and west in sc...

Aiken is another cool spot... Too close to Augusta for my liking... But fun to stay for a day or two.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Look at my options for coastal living...
Florida No.
Georgia.... I hate georgia... Virginia and North carolina... The beaches their are gay. All though NC has great moutains and awesome lakes...
And Virginia is beautiful farm land...
South Carolina has both Beautiful beaches and Moutains rivers and lakes..
If you enjoy the outdoors its the best all around state in the south...
Florida is too god damn hot year round and way too many Latinos ...
I'm used to black people.. We got plenty in Chattanooga... And their are plenty close to the coast... Not so many by the mountains... :)
Need a spot on the east and west in sc...
Aiken is another cool spot... Too close to Augusta for my liking... But fun to stay for a day or two.
maybe some racial diversity training. :D GA coastal has already been raided by Atlantians... and they've moved to coastal FL. Why? Just look at the locations of smaller
airfields for your answer. One reason Ocala is not some shithole despite its distance from the coasts.
I prefer to not be landlocked. I may convert my rentals into an oceanfront condo in the near future... but as it is I dont sleep past sunrises. Id do it more for the benefit of entertaining friends/family. About the only thing I do on the beach anymore is pedal during high tide... :D

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Yes but I will have to buy a house one day... But my income is not affected by my living situation... Dick. :) property tax is not that bad in sc

You need to look at all 3 sites , not just the Property Tax one. Annual auto taxes are shown below the Property Tax. At least SC is low there.

OP
Squidwerd

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
maybe some racial diversity training. :D GA coastal has already been raided by Atlantians... and they've moved to coastal FL. Why? Just look at the locations of smaller
airfields for your answer. One reason Ocala is not some shithole despite its distance from the coasts.
I prefer to not be landlocked. I may convert my rentals into an oceanfront condo in the near future... but as it is I dont sleep past sunrises. Id do it more for the benefit of entertaining friends/family. About the only thing I do on the beach anymore is pedal during high tide... :D
I'm still not above buying a sail boat and anchoring in the channel outside of Beaufort...
Free is free. Being land locked is starting to wear on me.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I'm still not above buying a sail boat and anchoring in the channel outside of Beaufort...
Free is free. Being land locked is starting to wear on me.
So long as the pontoons dont rupture you'll never flood! :D
Years ago I worked with an electrician that scaled possessions back to what could fit on his boat. Then I saw him
on a job site... the boat sank. :D

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
AH... MAINE... The way life should be...

like a 6 month winter is gonna' hurt You...?

more tyme to wrench on shit...

Naaa more to life the wrenching.. I ruled out anything colder then NYC.. by mid January I want to go play with everything I wrenched .. I dont need more then two months down time.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
You need to look at all 3 sites , not just the Property Tax one. Annual auto taxes are shown below the Property Tax. At least SC is low there.

I

That NYS tax is WAY the fuck off.. homes here start at 600k for a starter home.. taxes start at 10 k plus school tax is an add on. For another 6 to 15 k a year

Tennessee is ny far the most affordable free state one can live in.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
a NY house worth near $900 000

I wanna say they paid $200ish and did a modest amount of work. There is a fairly recent CMU garage thats almost 2 stories tall which is the diamond...lol. Parking for only 2 cars in driveway.
Each FL is a 2 BR and 1 small bath roughly 900 sq ft. Common entrance and basement stairs.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
a NY house worth near $900 000
View attachment 44229

I wanna say they paid $200ish and did a modest amount of work. There is a fairly recent CMU garage thats almost 2 stories tall which is the diamond...lol. Parking for only 2 cars in driveway.
Each FL is a 2 BR and 1 small bath roughly 900 sq ft. Common entrance and basement stairs.
Its insane... prices on my block are all over a million .. but 4 houses haven't sold in the last month.. ill list mine just under them so the developer will think they are getting a deal.

OP
Squidwerd

Squidwerd

Ze Squidwerd
Website
www.snoopdogg.com
So long as the pontoons dont rupture you'll never flood! :D
Years ago I worked with an electrician that scaled possessions back to what could fit on his boat. Then I saw him
on a job site... the boat sank. :D
Ive been researching vessels.... Heard many horror stories like that...

I plan on putting in some banging ass solar batteries... So sinking is definitely not an option.

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
That NYS tax is WAY the fuck off.. homes here start at 600k for a starter home.. taxes start at 10 k plus school tax is an add on. For another 6 to 15 k a year

Tennessee is ny far the most affordable free state one can live in.
I was thinking the rest of the State pulls down the average they are showing. Or the city lifts it up. Perspective depends on where you're living when you look at their average... :wink2:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
Ive been researching vessels.... Heard many horror stories like that...
I plan on putting in some banging ass solar batteries... So sinking is definitely not an option.
Honestly I cant see marina living as a bad thing if the rates are reasonable. A 2 level pontoon can be plenty of space. Id probably have one with an outdoor kitchen
just for cleanliness.

BusaVeloce

Cappo di tutti Cappo
Website
www.infowars.com
Naaa more to life the wrenching.. I ruled out anything colder then NYC.. by mid January I want to go play with everything I wrenched .. I dont need more then two months down time.
well hopefully with all the cow farts and other green house gasses doing their job...

Maine just might have all the best to offer...

including equatorial 2 month heating trends...

We can hope...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Honestly I cant see marina living as a bad thing if the rates are reasonable. A 2 level pontoon can be plenty of space. Id probably have one with an outdoor kitchen
just for cleanliness.
At my age, I don't want a 2 level anything, unless it's a 4 car garage with a 4/5 room apartment over it.

And an elevator... :lol:

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
At my age, I don't want a 2 level anything, unless it's a 4 car garage with a 4/5 room apartment over it.

funny all the 2 level mansions around here are built with an elevator pit. In existing homes they just build a small box on the exterior to accomodate. Usually by a corner closet.
Back in the 80s a friend of mine lived in a 4 story townhome that had an elevator that went from the garage to the top floor. It cost $1 worth of electric everytime you rode it.
Wasnt really exciting other than to try to make a bunch of ghost trips in an hour by playing button tennis...lol. The stairs were faster. Eventually the friends parents tripped the panel box switch to it...lol

Rhino

K-9 BAMF

As much as LOVE old Victorians ... fucking stairs are not in my future.

If it doesn't have an elevator .. then I'll only use the first floor. The garage/barn work shop is more important to me the a second story these days.

Top Bottom