Ready for the big freeze?....now called “The Thaw” of 2021

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
We just need to dig road tunnels all over the US to drive our EV's in so that they don't freeze up or lose charge too quickly.
That will happen if the Boring company has its way.
I eagerly await the subteranean interstate freeways of our future so we can re-claim the Earth's surface for our children and motorcycles.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
I eagerly await the subteranean interstate freeways of our future so we can re-claim the Earth's surface for our children and motorcycles.
um what? Have you seen childrens playgrounds of late? They all have sunshades!!

Wretch

amazingly graceful

How else are we ever going to develop into Morlocks?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yeah, ouch and few choice expletives did exit my mouth rather loudly.

I had some lidocaine cream that quelled the pain after about an hour or so.

Just tiny spots look blistered but my whole thumb had that burning string one get to enjoy when scalded like that.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
One of my top fifty favorite movies.
View attachment 56290
I like this version better:

It intrigued my young mind and wasn't half bad special effects for the day.

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I like this version better:
Netflix actually has it, so I added it to my queue!

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Out of all the stories this pisses me off the most... mother fuckers had waited to long to evacuate.

Every see a fucking monkey in the artic ... nope they live in the fucking tropics.. fucking cunts to all involved in this slaughter.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Seems some big issues are arising from the deep Texas freeze. State Farm can't add insurance to my policy because of the issues in Texas. Seems their systems are all down since Monday. Fuckers ... I have to get insurance on the GC before Monday... in todays age I can't see how one huge company will shut down from a storm.

If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance....

If you already have coverage (whch I know you do) there's a grace period.

Don't sweat it, you're covered.

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Out of all the stories this pisses me off the most... mother fuckers had waited to long to evacuate.

Every see a fucking monkey in the artic ... nope they live in the fucking tropics.. fucking cunts to all involved in this slaughter.

A million years from now, archeologists will stumble upon the fossilized remains of these poor primates, and a great mystery will be hotly debated in academic circles as to how they froze to death in the Texas climate, which textbooks reveal to have been an advanced civilization

It will be the stuff of cosmic legends

Like Stonehenge...

Better that they not learn they perished because some dumbasses didn't have backup generators

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass

That's fucked up!!!😡😡😡

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
A million years from now, archeologists will stumble upon the fossilized remains of these poor primates, and a great mystery will be hotly debated in academic circles as to how they froze to death in the Texas climate, which textbooks reveal to have been an advanced civilization

It will be the stuff of cosmic legends

Like Stonehenge...

Better that they not learn they perished because some dumbasses didn't have backup generators
They will look at the monkeys, look over at what's left of the windmills, look back at the monkeys and nod as the pieces of the puzzle come together.
"Those monkeys were not too smart." they'll say. "Probably froze to death..."

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
They will look at the monkeys, look over at what's left of the windmills, look back at the monkeys and nod as the pieces of the puzzle come together.
"Those monkeys were not too smart." they'll say. "Probably froze to death..."
Or maybe Keith Richards will tell them what really happened

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
Or maybe Keith Richards will tell them what really happened
I doubt he knows what is happening. Plus, he probably only has a good 70 years left in him.
more sympathy for the animals in a preserve than homeless freezing in the streets.
I feel sorry for everyone dealing with that shit show. But I do feel worse for the animals. I was on another chat forum, where a couple guys laughing at Texas. They thought it was funny, and it serves them (Texas) right for always thinking they are superior to the rest of us. I don't think like that.

Last edited:

agri

BAMF
Here is a fact. If your grid is 100 % green you need the equivalent backup energy from oil, gas, nuclear or hydro. The wind does not blow everyday nor does the sun shine all the time.
Greenies forget this .
Even a 12% contribution from wind going down will cripple the grid. It is criminal that the gas oil fired plants could not handle the cold.
Up here we are watching this and we feel for you Texas.

agri

BAMF
True Story.
My cousin was the top guy looking after hydro dams in Northern Ontario.
He lived in Thunderbay.
They have a lot of hydro and windmills, they shut down the NG powerplant years ago.
It came up that they needed extra power years back as they had a year with very low water levels and the windmills were not even close to producing what they expected.
Well guess what, the guys forgot how to run the NG plant. So, the government bought a simulator at a huge cost so the dumb fucks could keep up their training.
Add the cost up of having 50 guys all paid over $100k sitting around mostly just for back up.
The cost of a a 100% green power source is not financially viable, that is why they are subsidized at huge costs.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
True Story.
He lived in Thunderbay.
They have a lot of hydro and windmills, they shut down the NG powerplant years ago.
It came up that they needed extra power years back as they had a year with very low water levels and the windmills were not even close to producing what they expected.
Well guess what, the guys forgot how to run the NG plant. So, the government bought a simulator at a huge cost so the dumb fucks could keep up their training.
Add the cost up of having 50 guys all paid over $100k sitting around mostly just for back up.
The cost of a a 100% green power source is not financially viable, that is why they are subsidized at huge costs.

Had a client once cancel a back up power contract with my employer. She was pissed paying us big money for basically nothing.. then the Eastern power grid dropped and her gens didn't pick up the building.. that was a costly mistake .. you can still see the marble discoloration when they fixed the walls that FDNY guys did extracting people in the elevators.

You pay for what you get... in the world of back up power you call your own ticket that is usually 50% more then Union scale in NYC.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
True Story.
He lived in Thunderbay.
If folks would unplug a few days on a regular basis... it would be amazing how power could be conserved. Same with water.
If Honder & Yammerhaw advertise their suitcase gennys... people would not be in the shit.
Of course theres going to be a Darwin PHD that will die from carbon monoxide poisoning running it inside.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
If folks would unplug a few days on a regular basis... it would be amazing how power could be conserved. Same with water.
If Honder & Yammerhaw advertise their suitcase gennys... people would not be in the shit.
Of course theres going to be a Darwin PHD that will die from carbon monoxide poisoning running it inside.

But what about the switch to all electric cars

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
It may work the first tyme they use provided they understand how much load it can carry. But when they're done with it and let it sit for a few years with gas in it, it ain't gonna run again. Every tyme a hurricane is scheduled we'd get dozens of calls wanting their generator fixed. Nope,too late now!

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
I have a 3300 watt generator buried under my workbench. B&S engine, if I remember correctly. All kinds of crap piled on top of it, haven't actually seen it in years.
We had a few outages last year, and I didn't even consider going out to the shop and fighting with it. I was pretty sure the power would come back long before I ever got the generator running. If there's still gas in it, it's at least 10 years old. It's on my To Do list. Really low on the list.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
It's 36 degrees F here now and things are on the cusp of thinking about maybe melting some, later today.

I'm ready to go get some antifreeze to replace the mostly water I drained last night out of the Hilux after cooling/refilling what was lost in the overheat episode.

Measured some 12 inches of snow out in the open, no wind, which is a little lower due to sublimation and melt so, I suspect there was at least 16 inches that fell in all.

Top Bottom