Random Video 2.0

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I'd have never believed they could get that many together in one place.

I do love the sounds a radial engine makes too.

Ed

Always enjoy Jerry's vids. Had a 6" 629, and that was a lot of fun.

edit: I haven't watched the full video yet, but that re-run of the V-drill had to be .44 Special- level ammo... certainly not the hot 180gr .44 Magnum stuff he ran first. Does he 'fess up?

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
The more childish of us will find great humor in this and those with vivid imaginations may be somewhat disgusted but, if we are going into space there are extra things to consider.
The STS mission story is rather alarming and comical at the same time:

pimpslayer

BAMF+
I acknowledge that Merlins (and Allisons, to a lesser degree) sound great, but round engines FTW.

I love the sound of Merlins and Radials, but I hear radials every so often...Merlins not so much.

One year ago last month, my wife and I were sitting with her cousin and his wife, eating ice cream at an outside table. We were at a little stand just 10 miles north of Niagara Falls, in vineyard country.

I heard a familiar sound coming from north of us, and I spied a multiengine aircraft coming south at a good clip...only 4 or 5,000 ft AGL. As it got closer, I stood up and almost shouted "Holy crap, it's a Lancaster! There's only 2 left flying in the whole world!..."

25 or 30 Canadians sitting around us at picnic tables didn't even look up to see a part of their history flying over... must be a common sight in that area.

God it sounded great!

I get to hear radials every Fall when they spray the agent orange stuff on the cotton around here to make the leaves fall off.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I'm sure I could look it up... But this is labusas... How does a radial motor lubricate all cylinders?
It's a partial loss type system from what I've seen/heard...

A few videos back talk about it somewhat, here:

Traditional trade practices are being lost to the ages slowly but, we knew this already.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
This will make you jump back, headphone volume warning.
Canada's best:

pimpslayer

BAMF+
Buzz is getting soft in his old age, the guy was still standing...

(Well, anyway, Buzz Aldrin punched a guy chasing Buzz around in front of a hotel, calling Buzz a liar and a thief....BAM!

Last edited:

Ed

I'd pay to see that, Chris :up:

I posted this a couple of months back- this was the finale at the Monroe, NC Warbirds & Warriors show:

formation1.jpg

The Merlins (plus one Allison in the P-40) sounded great, but the B-17 and Corsair made it for me.

Top Bottom