Random thoughts

scottcolbath

BAMF+
Why does wood glue set up on your fingers in milliseconds, yet will continue to run through gaps, dripping everywhere, for what seems like hours?

S.C.

MR. Suzuki

Fastestest
If you're not supposed to drink and drive why are there parking spaces in front of the bars?

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Fingers are warm so curing happens quicker?

Ah! That's it! Just set the wood you're gluing together on fire before applying wood glue!

BilletMan

BAMF+
If you're not supposed to drink and drive why are there parking spaces in front of the bars?
Those spaces are for people who are there "just to hear a song on the juke box"....

BilletMan

BAMF+
When I lived in the Texas hill country, I noticed that if you cut a cedar tree down, the remaining stump and roots soon deteriorate. Yet if you drill a hole and use cedar for fence posts, they last a damn long time....hmm...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Why is it, when ever I put a motorcycle on my lift the stem for the front tyre is right next to the fork so you can't check it or inflate it. I'm telling ya, it happens 95% of the time!:fu:

sailUSVI

Tripping on the road and buying stuff
When I lived in the Texas hill country, I noticed that if you cut a cedar tree down, the remaining stump and roots soon deteriorate. Yet if you drill a hole and use cedar for fence posts, they last a damn long time....hmm...
we have ah couple thousand liner feet of rough cedar tree post fence around the shop, it I’ll last for many many years :up:

...other er than that I don’t know about glue fingers

Hapo

Dog Boy
...this web site is so fuking stupid...

Hapo

Dog Boy
  • no it's not
  • The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.
    • Guns & Ammo magazine, January 2002
  • We remember the refrain from the Phillippines: ‘Underneath the starry flag/Civilize him with a Krag /And then get underway for home sweet home.’ But you have to civilize him first, and how you do that with the ragheads is the problem.
    • Cooper in Jeff Cooper’s Commentaries October 2003, Vol. 11, No. 12.
  • The decay of the late, great country of South Africa is beginning to become apparent. The name of the Transvaal has been officially changed to ‘Gauteng.’ (One of our friends has suggested that in view of this its inhabitants in the future should be referred to as Oranggautengs.) … And now there is a move afoot to wreck the Kruger National Park, one of the wonders of the world, on the notion that a good bit of its land was ‘taken from the blacks.’ This idea is somewhat akin to giving Yellowstone Park back to the Blackfeet.
    • Cooper in Jeff Cooper's Commentaries January 1995, Vol. 3, No. 3.
  • The Germans gathered together ethnic divisions from all over Europe in which men of the same linguistic and cultural background could serve together. The Georgian SS division conducted itself with distinction in normal military action, but a good many people seem to think that anybody who was ever a member of the SS was automatically a war criminal.
    • Cooper in Jeff Cooper's Commentaries September 1993, Vol. 1, No. 6.
  • The consensus is that no more than five to ten people in a hundred who die by gunfire in Los Angeles are any loss to society. These people fight small wars amongst themselves. It would seem a valid social service to keep them well-supplied with ammunition.
    • Jeff Cooper in Guns & Ammo magazine, April 1991.
  • One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
Why is it, when ever I put a motorcycle on my lift the stem for the front tyre is right next to the fork so you can't check it or inflate it. I'm telling ya, it happens 95% of the time!:fu:
Drill a hole in the fork?

Why is it that I never lose track of my 10 mm sockets?

Here's an oldie but a goodie: Why is it that at Hooter's you can't order a pitcher of beer for yourself, but if you bring a friend they will serve you 4 pitchers of beer?

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
How does brand new asphalt on a road suck all the light out of your headlights?

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
How is it that a pizza is made round, to be put into a square box, and then carved up into triangles?
"The body should be triangular, the mind circular. The triangle represents the generation of energy and is the most stable physical posture. The circle symbolizes serenity and perfection, the source of unlimited techniques. The square stands for solidity, the basis of applied control." -- founder of aikido, Ueshiba Morihei

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Why are whales revered and fat chicks shamed?

Snail

BAMF. No. Really. As BAMF as they get.
Salty?

Top Bottom