Pumpkins. What the actual fuck...

Mr Lucky

toboggan oiler
Last 30 years pumpkins have become popular over here at Halloween (and at no other time).

They are tasteless things. But seem to be very much a part of American culture. So if anyone knows what to do with pumpkins it will be you gentlemen.

What exciting food can be made with something as tasteless and boring as a pumpkin? They're just a fat corgette...

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Nice pumpkins Rhino. :up: Real pumpkins don't last long here when it's in the upper 80's~90 deg.

By the way, there are eating pumpkins and the carving type. They are not really interchangeable.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
The only thing I like pumpkin pie spice in is, pumpkin pie.
In the last 5 years, pumpkin spiced everything got popular. The local TV news covers when Dunkin or Starbux introduces another pumpkin spiced confection. It's almost hard to NOT get pumpkin spiced coffee, cream, crackers, cheese, bread, cakes, all pumpkin flavored shit everywhere.

I just want pumpkin pie.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Pumpkin bread isn't terrible but, pie is truly where pumpkin belongs.

Pumpkin seeds are great but, a huge pain in the ass to dry and shell for eating.

Pumpkin chunks are great for carefully putting under the tires of some unsuspecting soul's car, with a jack and on level ground.

Most won't notice them while getting in and when they go to pull away, the tires will just spin and the car will go nowhere.

Stetson

BAMF
In the last 5 years, pumpkin spiced everything got popular. The local TV news covers when Dunkin or Starbux introduces another pumpkin spiced confection. It's almost hard to NOT get pumpkin spiced coffee, cream, crackers, cheese, bread, cakes, all pumpkin flavored shit everywhere.

Last fall, my welding supply store had a (joke) sign in the window advertising Pumpkin Spice acetylene or welding rods or something. I thought it was hilarious.

I'f I'm going to make a pie, I use canned pumpkin. Roasting and salting the seeds are about all I'll do with a live one. They are also good for smashing on your neighbor's steps or in their driveway.

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
They are NOT for eating. They are meant for filling with gasoline or explosives (or both). Throwing off highway overpasses or rolling down hills.

That's what we have always used them for.
you left out catapults. Its always a good thing to know where your asshole neighbor is at any given moment, range, trajectory, wind...look at it like a math lesson for you home schoolers, a math lesson with a civics lesson at the same time.

Top Bottom