Proud to say I have never...

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
I can only imagine that podcasts are like listening to paint dry or watching an endless TV commercial.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Yes but if I have a choice... no. Haven't read a book since high school.
Come on, really? We're about the same age, so you didn't have the internet as a distraction for most of your years, and other pursuits would still leave you with some free time- not one book out of curiosity or pleasure? That amazes me- books were a huge part of my life.

OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
Come on, really? We're about the same age, so you didn't have the internet as a distraction for most of your years, and other pursuits would still leave you with some free time- not one book out of curiosity or pleasure? That amazes me- books were a huge part of my life.
Honestly no. I don't own a book. We have 2 bookcases in the house. Here they are.

IMG_20210221_191500.jpg

IMG_20210221_191510.jpg

Last edited:
OP

BigBusa

BAMF+
There's a big damn difference between any TikTok video and a good podcast about a subject that interests you.

You need to rethink the statement, unless you're just trolling....
I'm really not trolling. Listening to or watching people talk for hours on end? Even if it was about pinball, my favorite subject... I've tried. Nope. Bores the heck out of me. I don't get how people find podcasts interesting enough to spend valuable time with?

I'm really not trolling. Listening to or watching people talk for hours on end? Even if it was about pinball, my favorite subject... I've tried. Nope. Bores the heck out of me. I don't get how people find podcasts interesting enough to spend valuable time with?
Pretty easy when it a topic you are interested in. Joe Rogan has a very good podcast as mentioned in other posts. He has guests that are musicians, economists, scientists, comedians, athlete's, politicians, hunters, and etc. Very entertaining and you get usually a 2-3 hour interview. Hardcore History with Dan Carlin is another that I like. I know nothing about Tik Tok..... probably not interested in it...

I'm with the Big B on this one, pod casts for pod people. When no established legitimate media will pay a has/ never been, it's off to utube chasing clicks.
Do you get all your truth from the main stream media? All have corporate masters with narratives they want to tell us. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, & etc have no real credibility along with The Washington Post, New York Times. They all skew the story to their agenda. Real news is dead in the mainstream.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Do you get all your truth from the main stream media? All have corporate masters with narratives they want to tell us. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, & etc have no real credibility along with The Washington Post, New York Times. They all skew the story to their agenda. Real news is dead in the mainstream.
Is there some pod cast earth shattering truth that the utube podders have uncovered?

luckystrike

he/him - Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Website
lemonparty.org
Just finished up watching Lex Fridman host legendary chip engineer Jim Keller

This dude's DNA is in just about every chip on every device you've ever used, dating all the way back to the 70's, leading the work at Intel, Apple, Tesla autonomous driving deep learning...to name a few

He's one of the rare super geeks that also has a profound understanding of people

Absolutely epic

If you come away not having learned something new after watching that, you're not human

Before the advent of the podcast, it was impossible to harvest so many insights in one place. It literally would've taken a lifetime

Last edited:
Is there some pod cast earth shattering truth that the utube podders have uncovered?
What does youtube have to do with podcasts? Not the same media... Do you understand the difference? Seriously.. unless you are trolling ...maybe you are having fun at my expense? If so, good for you. And yes there are youtube channels like "Rising" from " The Hill" that while I do not always agree with them do seem to call out the left and right politicians as well as other news channels for their half truths and outright lies.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
We've been hearing about thorium almost as long as weve been hearing the fusion fantasy. So far, billions of dollars of subsidies and decades later, not one joule of power produced.

Top Bottom