Problem with front brake MC on the Busa

scottcolbath

BAMF+
So, the MC last year was suffering from stiction. I got a rebuild kit, cleaned out the bore, gave it a light rub with ScotchBrite, put it all back together. It was much better, but not perfect. Now it's shit again.

Anyone else had this issue?

S.C.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
The bore corroded? I use a little ball hone to clean them up. Is the tiny little pressure relief hole clean?

C. Dolan

BAMF+
I have had calipers drag, before and had to rebuild them.
Also , is lever OEM ?
Enough clearance for plunger to come back all the way ?

Master-Cylinder

I have had calipers drag, before and had to rebuild them.
Also , is lever OEM ?
Enough clearance for plunger to come back all the way ?
Yessir, take them apart, spiff em up, AND GREASE THE SEAL WITH THE PROPER GREASE. Makes all the difference.

Yessir, take them apart, spiff em up, AND GREASE THE SEAL WITH THE PROPER GREASE. Makes all the difference.
it amazes me that techs that claim to be experts said I was all kinds of colorful adjectives when I shared an interesting process of actually cleaning the calipers, seal areas, and pistons before cramming them back in with new pads. And mildly resurfacing the rotor area with a 120 grit cloth then final wipe with brake cleaner and clean lint free rag. A process shown to me by a couple of qualified race wrenches.

Master-Cylinder

it amazes me that techs that claim to be experts said I was all kinds of colorful adjectives when I shared an interesting process of actually cleaning the calipers, seal areas, and pistons before cramming them back in with new pads. And mildly resurfacing the rotor area with a 120 grit cloth then final wipe with brake cleaner and clean lint free rag. A process shown to me by a couple of qualified race wrenches.
I scrape the seal area with a scribe, then clean the grove with one of those tiny little Dremel rotary wire brushes using the Dremel tool. Then polish the main bores with a Cross Buss in my die grinder. Fuckers look better than new! Use Red Rubber grease on the seals.

S.C. you need me to send you a bit of the grease? I have way too much of it.

Top Bottom