President Trump responds to Biden Executive orders.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I think the numbers have become inflated...

In 2011, Russ Girling, president and CEO of TransCanada, touted the positive impact of the project by "putting 20,000 US workers to work and spending $7 billion stimulating the US economy". These numbers come from a 2010 report written by The Perryman Group, a financial analysis firm based in Texas that was hired by TransCanada to evaluate Keystone XL.The Perryman Group numbers have been disputed by an independent study conducted by the Cornell ILR Global Labor Institute, which found that while the Keystone XL would result in 2,500 to 4,650 temporary construction jobs, the impact will be reduced by higher oil prices in the Midwest, which will likely reduce national employment. However, the State Department estimated that the pipeline would create about 5,000 to 6,000 temporary jobs in the US during the two-year construction period, would increase gasoline availability to the Northeast and expand the Gulf refining industry.

In January 2012, Greenpeace Executive Director Phil Radford appealed to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to review TransCanada's claims that the Keystone Pipeline would create 20,000 jobs. Stating that the company had "consistently used public statements and information it knows are false in a concerted effort to secure permitting approval" of the pipeline, Radford argued that TransCanada had "misled investors, U.S. and Canadian officials, the media, and the public at large in order to bolster its balance sheets and share price".

In July 2013, President Obama stated "The most realistic estimates are this might create maybe 2,000 jobs during the construction of the pipeline, which might take a year or two, and then after that we're talking about somewhere between 50 and 100 jobs in an economy of 150 million working people." The estimate of 2,000 during construction came under heavy attack, while the long-term, permanent job estimates did not receive as much criticism. According to the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS), the pipeline will only create 35 permanent jobs.[223] The Associated Press noted that it was unclear where the president's figure of 2,000 jobs came from. The U.S. State Department's Preliminary Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement, issued in March 2013, estimated 3,900 direct jobs and 42,000 direct and indirect jobs during construction.
Here's a sourced article re: potential lost jobs:

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Here's a sourced article re: potential lost jobs:
From the State Department's report-

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period.

In short: Most of the estimated jobs were temporary.

The State Department forecasted that no more than 50 jobs, some of which could be located in Canada, would be required to maintain the pipeline. Thirty-five of them would be permanent, while 15 would be temporary contractors.

• Red
Reactions: Red
OP

nickslick

BAMF
I thought about going and doing an hours worth of research to SHOW YOU why it was a bad idea, but I have realized, that it is pointless to negotiate with some of you.

Then I decided I would rather play vidya games.

I thought about going and doing an hours worth of research to SHOW YOU why it was a bad idea, but I have realized, that it is pointless to negotiate with some of you.

Well, if it didn't effect you, all good.

Fuck you nick! And I mean that in the best way, go fuck yourself!

Edit. And fuck Mexico!

BigGar

high on placebo

You can research until your nipples are sore. Video games are a far better choice. I'm glad you realized your pointlessness. Some things are non-negotiable.

OP

nickslick

BAMF
Ive realized the pointlessness of arguing with any of you. I've had an epiphany. It's like when you're trying to sell something and negotiating with somebody and your 10 grand apart on a 20 grand deal.

Now that the elections are over and the smoke has cleared I'm just going to relax and ride my motorcycle and eat tacos and Chase young Mexican b******.

regardless of your opinion the wheels are in motion and they cannot be stopped at this point. Trump had his chance and now Biden will have his. I'm sorely disappointed that Trump let us all down and even though Biden is from the Democratic party he's still the president of the United States and I wish him luck for all of us. would you not agree that if he succeeds we all succeed and that if he fails we all fail?

I wish the best for America, and the best for the president. Regardless of the party and regardless of the year.

Last edited:
Ive realized the pointlessness of arguing with any of you. I've had an epiphany. It's like when you're trying to sell something and negotiating with somebody and your 10 grand apart on a 20 grand deal.

Now that the elections are over and the smoke has cleared I'm just going to relax and ride my motorcycle and eat tacos and Chase young Mexican b******.

regardless of your opinion the wheels are in motion and they cannot be stopped at this point. Trump had his chance and now Biden will have his. I'm sorely disappointed that Trump let us all down and even though Biden from the Democratic party he's still the president of the United States and I wish him luck for all of us.

I wish the best for America, and the best for the president. Regardless of the party and regardless of the year.
It is a pointless argument.

You live in Mexico.

OP

nickslick

BAMF

I have taveled to most of Europe, thailand, cambodia, laos, vietnam, Costa rica, canada, Mexico, borneo, Myanmar, and many MANY others. it is only after doing this that I fully understand that the statement that traveling makes one worldly. It broadens your viewpoints and makes you more tolerant. In fact, I would define the word "worldly" as being tolerant and with a broad view.

It educates you in a way that television or the internet cannot. I look back at my former self before I had a chance to see the world and can easily understand your narrow view.

get a passport, travel the world a couple of times over and then come talk to me. I bet your opinion of the world and of yourself will have been changed.

You might understand why some of us have chosen other places to live. It doesn't make us any less American.

Last edited:
OP

nickslick

BAMF
It's Latin. It doesn't mean "x", like no longer, it means "ex", As in the Latin phrase for "left from". You are using the heathen definition which is "no longer".

The second half of the word comes from Latin also and is pronounced "Patriota", which loosely translates to country or countryman.

Therefore the literal translation is
"man from another country".

Of note, it is not used between fellow countrymen (such as you and I, regardless of our location), but only in reference to someone not from your own country, while in your country of origin.

When used as a verb it means exile. That is exactly what I have done. Self-exile.

I took Latin in military school.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
It's Latin. It doesn't mean "x", like no longer, it means "ex", As in the Latin phrase for "left from". You are using the heathen definition which is "no longer".

The second half of the word comes from Latin also and is pronounced "Patriota", which loosely translates to country or countryman.

Therefore the little translation is from "another country".

Of note, it is not used between countrymen (such as you and I), but only in reference to someone not from your own country, while in your country of origin.

I hope this helps.
Also, it's 'expatriate' not 'expatriot' (which isn't a word). It simply means a person who lives outside their native country. We refer to ourselves as 'expats'. Here in SE Asia, we also have a fair number of 'sexpats', which are older guys (usually divorced and on a moderate retirement package, which goes way further in this region than their native countries) who come here to drink and fuck themselves to death. Hey, if ya gotta go, there are worse ways.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Ahhhh!!! You've let that CB numb-nuts pollute the thread! :biggrin1a:

I remember when we were there drinking in the afternoon and that tight little spinner wearing nothing but a G-string tried to lure you into one of the short-time rooms upstairs from the bar- when you declined, that's when I knew you were gonna marry the girl you travelled with (I can't remember her name).:wink2:

OP

nickslick

BAMF
Ahhhh!!! You've let that CB numb-nuts pollute the thread! :biggrin1a:

I remember when we were there drinking in the afternoon and that tight little spinner wearing nothing but a G-string tried to lure you into one of the short-time rooms upstairs from the bar- when you declined, that's when I knew you were gonna marry the girl you travelled with (I can't remember her name).:wink2:
I was in young and in love, 7 years later I was single and broke.

DungBeatle

Scarabaeidae Scarabaeinae
not 'expatriot' (which isn't a word).
It's a movie:

Top Bottom