Possibly my next purchase long range touch someone rifle 408 cal

rotts4u

BAMF
The man in the grey shirt is a friend of mine from Ringgold Ga. He consults with Barrett Rifles shooter which is right up the road here in Tennessee. I have shot with him a few times but locally we only have 1350 yards.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I like my 338 but this can be legally owned in Calif since it is under 50 cal. Shit $12K plus $10 per round

Is that legal In kalifornistan?
Yes, the rifle Cisco posted in the OP is legal, but his statement is a bit misleading. You can own and operate .50 cal rifle (and handguns) in the the state of California. What you cannot buy new/used are .50BMG ammunition and rifles. The caliber itself is banned, and any weapon designed to fire it is considered an "AW" and cannot be purchased. There are, however, a few 50BMG's floating around California that had to be registered as AW's.

Yes, the rifle Cisco posted in the OP is legal, but his statement is a bit misleading. You can own and operate .50 cal rifle (and handguns) in the the state of California. What you cannot buy new/used are .50BMG ammunition and rifles. The caliber itself is banned, and any weapon designed to fire it is considered an "AW" and cannot be purchased. There are, however, a few 50BMG's floating around California that had to be registered as AW's.
What if... you never plan to actually shoot it ? Would it be legal then ?

Say I want to purchase a .50BMG, yet only store it in my dwelling. Maybe I take it out of the closet now and then to take pictures of it, on something like vinyl flooring. Would it still be illegal ?

Perhaps a youtube video of someone else shooting a .50BMG ?

Say I want to purchase a .50BMG, yet only store it in my dwelling. Maybe I take it out of the closet now and then to take pictures of it, on something like vinyl flooring. Would it still be illegal ?
from what I’ve gathered , vinyl might be questionable but linoleum seems to be legit...

oh , and don’t forget to post at least 5 more threads about it , tell us about what happened when you were standing in line to buy it and tell us exactly what you paid for it ... also be sure to imply in other threads that you don’t want the man to know what kind and how many guns you own 👍👍

rumble phish

BAMF+
Oh man, poor Cisco is taking a bit of a beating here. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'd really like to get a group of LAB members together for a west coast shoot. Let Cisco stretch the legs of his show pony and just generally have a good time. Maybe someday...

Stetson

BAMF+
If you go on a hunting trip to California, you have to ship your rifle to an FFL dealer first?

I don't care if Cisco shoots any of these or not. He's having a good time, it makes him happy, why so much concern over him not doing what other people want him to do?
You are right 👍🏼

Just don’t represent that you are a precision shooter or a field to table hunter because you bought a bunch of cool shit ..

rumble phish

BAMF+
No worries, I have more than enough toys to share with the group. And I'm sure other "local" LAB members have plenty of even nicer toys than I :up:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Isn’t that illegal also?
Only if I'm not present. If you let a friend, or even an immediate family member, borrow a firearm you have to legally transfer it to them and they have to transfer it back to you when they return it. And you have to pay full fees both times, including background check.

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
from what I’ve gathered , vinyl might be questionable but linoleum seems to be legit...

oh , and don’t forget to post at least 5 more threads about it , tell us about what happened when you were standing in line to buy it and tell us exactly what you paid for it ... also be sure to imply in other threads that you don’t want the man to know what kind and how many guns you own 👍👍
Linoleum is eco friendly and lasts a lot longer than vinyl tiles or sheet. Vinyl is made from all sorts of nasty stuff and is not eco friendly. There is a company that makes less toxic vinyl. I'm talking old school, trailer/modular home type. The color and design goes all the way thru linoleum, vinyl, not so much. Linoleum is more water resistant.

KEHALE

BAMF with a stick
If you go on a hunting trip to California, you have to ship your rifle to an FFL dealer first?
If you’re not a California state resident, then no.
It must be California compliant however.

Also, 50bmg is not banned in California.

Buy an M2HB. It’s legal.

Personally, I’d get a desert tech hti (from the value/performance standpoint)

rumble phish

BAMF+
If you’re not a California state resident, then no.
It must be California compliant however.

Also, 50bmg is not banned in California.

Buy an M2HB. It’s legal.

Personally, I’d get a desert tech hti (from the value/performance standpoint)

Top Bottom