Possible New Equipment

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Been giving some consideration to buying some new equipment for the shop for quite some time. Overly methodical if you ask me.....

Have been talking about adding powder coating equipment for years and the more I learn about the BS you have to deal with from your local government the more I just want to say fuck it!

These bastards make you go through a whole mess of permits for gas lines, electric lines, fire approved this and fire approved that and the possibility of a sprinkler system for the spray booth. The initial start up costs are high, but the rewards could be very good. Of course this also means more employees, which means more insurances, taxes and worker comp BS not to include a large increase in the annual hazmat fee and inspection.

After all that I have also said it's time to add a lathe to our CNC gig which is pay for it and put it in and make money..........one is an easy decision that appears we are up and making money quickly. The other is a lengthy expensive process of dealing with months of government BS.

Going to have to think about both some more and weigh all options and soldier on. Either way we are setting up to make more money, business is good.

OP
OP
Stites

Stites

That's Mister Black Flag to you
Fuck I don't know if I could handle both of you at the same time. Gramps would be telling the customers that their parts are shit and Rhino would be telling any and every customer with the slightest bit of attitude "to get the fuck outta of here".

LOL, this could be fun, until I have no more customers

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Would be doing outside powder coating for assholes off the street? If so, then you'll have to add a way of cleaning filthy parts and blasting stuff before the paint.
The chowder heads that blast stuff for us always glop it on in places we tell them not to. Chipping that stuff off sucks.

Terry_Schiavo

in transition as lucystrike
powder seems to be dilluted here. Used to be 2 shops...now there are 8. Only 1 I trust... :hunter::fuckyou::Zotter: The rest seem to do stuff like lawn furniture or non precision finishes

Top Bottom