*PING* Simon! HELP!!!

Stetson

BAMF
Last Wednesday, I mentioned to my Doc at the VA that I got a bit sunburned the weekend before. He typed into his computer for a minute, and on Friday I got a tube of sunscreen in the mail. :up:

When I anticipate delays, I do all my telephone calling at the office. I have a real telephone there with the speakerphone function, so I just hit that button and listen to their music, or how important my call is to them and continue to do whatever I'm doing. I've gotten so distracted while on lengthy wait times that by the time a real person started talking, I'd forgotten who I called, and why. Now I keep notes in front of me before I dial.

OP
OP
Vicious_Cycle
Last Wednesday, I mentioned to my Doc at the VA that I got a bit sunburned the weekend before. He typed into his computer for a minute, and on Friday I got a tube of sunscreen in the mail. :up:

When I anticipate delays, I do all my telephone calling at the office. I have a real telephone there with the speakerphone function, so I just hit that button and listen to their music, or how important my call is to them and continue to do whatever I'm doing. I've gotten so distracted while on lengthy wait times that by the time a real person started talking, I'd forgotten who I called, and why. Now I keep notes in front of me before I dial.
Congrats on the sunscreen! I hear they sell that stuff at drug stores and Walmart too, if you're ever in a bind. :up:

I do the speaker phone thing and the notes too. No forgetting the topic at hand though; I'm too fucking pissed off. :screama:

Well, 4+ hours on the phone with them has accomplished exactly nothing, other than jack my blood pressure to a dangerous level.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Try Trazodone.

Best sleep aid I've ever found.

Went from trazadone to temazepam.....everyone's different.

Though it's the gabapentin I fear I can't do without.

This thread is kind of fucked and it actually gave me some ammo when I switched doctors.

New doc wants to wean me off the temazepam yet wanted me to sign one of those contracts.

I told him it makes ZERO sense for me to sign it since you want me to stop using the stuff. I asked him if I pissed negative if he was going to cut me off.

He told me no but I have to come in every 3 months to renew the Rx.

I am down to 15mg. pills at least.

OP
OP
Vicious_Cycle
Simon520 said:
The problem is when it’s absolutely indicated it makes it very difficult for people who are on chronic pain or sleep medications to get them. they get treated like criminals and a lot of people don’t realize that the FDA has informed narcotic manufacturers to trim back production. Over the last two years production has been rolled back at least 40% and they were told to roll it back another 30% this year. That means shortages; that means people who are on chronic narcotics are going through with drawl and it’s really fucked up.
I just got around to re-reading this thread, and I see Simon's words above are very prophetic. The shit show I find myself in at the moment started when Temazepam went on backorder a few months ago. I couldn't get it, so I switched to some shit that doesn't work and makes me fat.
Now Temazepam is available again... just not available to me, apparently. :rolleyes::fu:

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Yalls still need help?

I still have a medical license.... for now....

Stetson

BAMF
Do you need an office visit for a marijuana card? Asking for a mechanic friend in Florida.

OP
OP
Vicious_Cycle
Yalls still need help?

I still have a medical license.... for now....
I sure as hell do still need help! It's too complicated to explain or resolve here, so I don't even know how you can help.

One major problem is my "plan limit" of 45 pills in any 68 day period. We attempted to get a prior authorization to override the plan limit, so I can take one pill a day. The girl at my doctor's office answered a question wrong, and as a result the prior authorization was denied. I initiated an appeal, they took some notes, but they say they need the doctor's office to answer the question differently. The bitch at the doctor's office is too dumb to know she gave them the wrong answer, and too stubborn to change the answer. So if you have advice on how to win the appeal, I am all ears.

Alternately, I would love to bypass the insurance company and the mail-order pharmacy completely. Just have the dr. write a new Rx for me for the local pharmacy. I walk in, pay them whatever the pills cost, and leave. Simple. No negotiations, no plan limits, no authorizations, no bullshit. But I've attempted this in the past, and the local pharmacy refused to fill the RX due to my insurance company's plan limit. I asked them, who the fuck said anything about an insurance company? I handed you a prescription, I will pay you cash when you fill it. They said no can do. It's crazy! Logic and reason left the building a LONG fucking time ago.

simon520

Fixes humans and shoots everything else
Just get the script and pay cash.
Take it to a non-chain pharmacy
Better yet, have it transferred from current pharmacy otherwise it looks like you’re pharmacy shopping.

I hate to say it, but you’re running into problems because THEY don’t want you to have these kind of meds. In the future it will be ever more difficult. You might even have a report sent to the DMV saying you’re on these type of meds. I suspect it will happen “to save the children.”

Get used to 15-20 pills a month.

In a few years you won’t be able to get them anymore. Expect great difficulty once you hit 60.

Just saying from experience.

And your doc will eventually fire you. He did it once. When the support staff have to keep doing prior authorizations for you EACH FUCKING TIME you get a script... welll.... you’ll get a letter.

Sorry wish I had better news.

Maybe smuggle some in from a messican pharmacy?

Vegas12

BAMF+
Better yet, have it transferred from current pharmacy otherwise it looks like you’re pharmacy shopping.

I hate to say it, but you’re running into problems because THEY don’t want you to have these kind of meds. In the future it will be ever more difficult. You might even have a report sent to the DMV saying you’re on these type of meds. I suspect it will happen “to save the children.”

In a few years you won’t be able to get them anymore. Expect great difficulty once you hit 60.

And your doc will eventually fire you. He did it once. When the support staff have to keep doing prior authorizations for you EACH FUCKING TIME you get a script... welll.... you’ll get a letter.

My Doc gave me a psych referral for my sleep disorder....I refuse to go for fear of the reports that may or may not be generated.

OP
OP
Vicious_Cycle

Thanks for the shitty news, Simon!

I dumped that asshole doctor just last week and went back to my regular internal medicine doctor I've been seeing for a couple decades. I thought it would simplify things, but that decision may be a contributing factor to my current grief.

Fuck it, maybe I just won't sleep anymore. Anyone who thinks I'm an asshole now should see me after a few nights of no sleep.

Vegas12

BAMF+
So far no reasons given. Seriously - why do you need meds to sleep? Seems an awful lot of you here can't sleep without shoving shit into your bodies. Find that odd. Don't any of you?

That ain't normal.

No, odd is being a cunt about:

Pit bulls

LED's

Drones

And who knows what else....

Oh, and like Wretch wrote, "Fuck off."

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Ignorance should be bliss but, some just aren't happy unless they can put things they see into a neat little box, for whatever reason...

...instead of just counting themselves lucky.

BigGar

high on placebo
I feel lucky every day that I don't have much trouble sleeping. burly has struggled with insomnia on occasion. Neither one of us has ever taken any meds for it, aside from a Benadryl on occasion. I'll pop a leftover opiate once or twice a year if my shoulder is bothering me enough that I can't sleep. I don't even watch television in bed anymore. I pop up Words with Friends on my phone, and it puts me to sleep almost immediately. I think the game takes my mind off anything of importance that might keep me awake and then bores me to sleep thinking of a word to play. I dunno. Works for me.

Rocco

BAM
My Doc gave me a psych referral for my sleep disorder....I refuse to go for fear of the reports that may or may not be generated.

Going through that with my wife. She is cautious and selective on treatments, for fear of opening a door that leads to unwarranted scrutiny , or some permanent mark that will boomerang on her later. Today your info is passed around like free candy.

Don't mention owning guns or having suicidal or homicidal thoughts. Unless you have them, in which case you probably should inform them and quietly leave the boomsticks with a trusted friend for a little...

Vegas12

BAMF+
Going through that with my wife. She is cautious and selective on treatments, for fear of opening a door that leads to unwarranted scrutiny , or some permanent mark that will boomerang on her later. Today your info is passed around like free candy.
I still have to renew a health district license every two years, and I do have a CCW.

Probably overthinking it...but who knows??

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I could sleep 24 hours a day if I could get away with it. Staying awake is a problem for me.

Rocco

BAM
I still have to renew a health district license every two years, and I do have a CCW.

Probably overthinking it...but who knows??

Yeah licenses, that's a big consideration. One of my sons got dinged on his CDL. He went for a sleep test and they made him go on a C-Pap machine to maintain the CDL. The machine is either wireless or cellular and reports usage to some oversight. If he doesn't use the machine enough hours a night, they know that and threaten to report him and suspend his license. Now he's a slave to the machine. My wife has two regulated licences and she is afraid some overcautious chickenshit doctor will put a mark on her that's hard to erase. So she walks on eggs when dealing with medical professionals and her medical problem, being careful not to say the wrong thing. No, I don't feel you are over thinking it.

Vegas12

BAMF+
Yeah licenses, that's a big consideration. One of my sons got dinged on his CDL. He went for a sleep test and they made him go on a C-Pap machine to maintain the CDL. The machine is either wireless or cellular and reports usage to some oversight. If he doesn't use the machine enough hours a night, they know that and threaten to report him and suspend his license. Now he's a slave to the machine. My wife has two regulated licences and she is afraid some overcautious chickenshit doctor will put a mark on her that's hard to erase. So she walks on eggs when dealing with medical professionals and her medical problem, being careful not to say the wrong thing. No, I don't feel you are over thinking it.

The CPAP has an SD card in it that gets read.

My doc had me run my card to the CPAP joint....they do the O2 tanks and other home care supplies.....the printout showed an average 4 hous of use.

The problem with that is just because it's on 4 hours doesn't mean I'm sleeping 4 hours.

BilletMan

BAMF+
fish antlers, at least the people with sleep disorders CAN maybe find relief for their issues.....you, on the other hand, have no drugs known to man that can rectify your problem; yours is terminal and chronic.....fucking asshole...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
I fucking hate being a slave to medicines but, it serves it's purpose.

The trouble, for me, is being dictated to by medical professionals who are dictated to by bureaucrats.

Oh and there isn't a pill for every problem...
...not that they'll allow you to choose to use anyway.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
I think what The Canadian is getting at is 'what the fuck does that sleeping pill do?'
Maintainence meds aren't strangers here, , I'd either be dead or crippled without them, but I know why they're necessary and what they do.

A fuck of a lot of people, white men seem especially susceptible, are developing type II diabetes. Altering the diet and moving around more keeps that from happening most times, but 9 out of 10 people won't do it, moving on to a life of insulin shots and eventually amputations. Because there ain't no pill yet that keeps it from happening.

A person may well have a condition that requires medication to sleep 'normally'. There's a widespread belief that when a person sees that happening to them, it's pills first and fuck that hippie shit like meditation, diet alteration, stress reduction training, all the stuff that I haven't heard a peep about from the sleep deprived bunch of pillpoppers on this thread.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
No diabetes here as of yet.
I'd just like to have a pill that will allow me to move about my day so,
I can get shit done and then let me sleep at night without waking up every two hours if I can get to sleep at all;
without having to be completely exhausted or have such a hangover from the medications that I lose the whole next fucking day.

Somewhere there's a happy medium and like everyone else, I'll keep looking until I find it or expire trying.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Michael Jackson died because he couldn't sleep. There's no shortage of folks saying he should have changed his lifestyle instead of hiring a sleep doctor with a bagful of Propofol.

Top Bottom