Picked up a 16 gallon 5 "HP" shop vac for $59.00!

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
Rigid brand and Home Depot. Couldn't grab it fast enough.
I burned up my old ones sucking up concrete dust when I was grinding my floor flat. Cement dust seems to be hard on stuff.

Vicious_Cycle

HOLYBAMF
I have a RIGID from HD too, maybe a bit smaller, can't remember. Got it cheap, never liked it. Gets the job done in a pinch, though.
I am sort of on the lookout for a good one. Sears fucked me on my Craftsman when they switched to a universal style filter, which falls off at the worst possible time and blows shit all over everything.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

I have a RIGID from HD too, maybe a bit smaller, can't remember. Got it cheap, never liked it. Gets the job done in a pinch, though.
I am sort of on the lookout for a good one. Sears fucked me on my Craftsman when they switched to a universal style filter, which falls off at the worst possible time and blows shit all over everything.
Now I gotta break it out and see how it works. I'll let Schiavo try out the suction tomorrow, if you get my drift.

Stetson

BAMF+
I just got a Rigid from HD a couple weeks ago. I broke it in sucking water out of a sailboat. I think it's a 16 gallon. It will suck water at least 5' straight up, hose and the two straight extension tubes. Stopped and emptied it maybe 10 times. I ran it off a Honda eb3000c generator, since the boat isn't handy to power where it's sitting. Generator barely noticed it. The one I got, the motor pops off, and you can walk around using it like a blower. It will blow leaves off the concrete garage floor, which is all I've tried it for.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

I did a sound test this morning on my olde shop vac, that is on its last leg, and the new Rigid Tool. Olde one blew 107db, A weighted, fast response. My fresh new tool came in at 94db. So much nicer.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

The little Genie in the center is 40 years old and still works. The big olde black Genie is aboot shot. Notice the new and improved switch on it? It got so hot doing my floor, the OEM switch melted.

Stetson

BAMF+
Still have my 20 year old Craftsman 5HP, still works great.

Notice the new and improved switch on it? It got so hot doing my floor, the OEM switch melted.
My old 5hp Craftsman stopped working, and I thought it was the switch. Got a new, close enough, might work switch at the hardware store I was going to cobble in there somehow, and make it relatively safe, but after my daughter and I got it torn apart, turned out to be the motor was fucked. :frown2:

Still need to either return that switch, or throw it into my electrical drawer and forget I have it, so I can buy another in a few years for the next project that pops up.

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

My old 5hp Craftsman stopped working, and I thought it was the switch. Got a new, close enough, might work switch at the hardware store I was going to cobble in there somehow, and make it relatively safe, but after my daughter and I got it torn apart, turned out to be the motor was fucked. :frown2:

Still need to either return that switch, or throw it into my electrical drawer and forget I have it, so I can buy another in a few years for the next project that pops up.
I had to Farmer Fix the olde Genie to get the job done. Light switch will last its remaining life.

Stetson

BAMF+
I considered just hard wiring it, so it would just come on when I plugged it in,and just save for water sucking duty, but fucked is fucked.

tinhead

Has never named a pet
Is it DynoJet 5 HP?
1HP=746 watts X 5 = 3,730 watts ÷ 120 volts = 31.1 amperes

Truth In Labeling!

OP
Master-Cylinder

Master-Cylinder

Is it DynoJet 5 HP?
1HP=746 watts X 5 = 3,730 watts ÷ 120 volts = 31.1 amperes

Truth In Labeling!
Yes, that's why I put the "HP" in " ". Now my air compressor has a 5 HP electric motor on it that probably weighs 75lbs, that thing probably does have 5 HP.

Top Bottom