photo essay in petrolicious

Austin_F

BAMF+
North of Los Angeles? Why didn't you just say North of Miami? lol! I wonder if you get the joke I'm making.....

Congrats for getting it into a publication!

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I admire the effort.
I admire the family teamwork.
But it's still a gussied up FIAT.
Good thing you love it, because you know if you sold it you couldn't buy decent bicycles for you and the wife with the proceeds.:wink:

BilletMan

Makes Chips and Rapid Conversaion
That's totally cool as hell!! Y'all get double thumbs UP!! Folks who don't mind working...:up::up:

OP
OP

sloppyjoe

BAMF
the black GTV? im in the process of making it run and drive. im putting the top end back together tonight and compression testing and attempting to fire it up. then the interior needs to go back together. the paint is about a 7/10 with the clear peeling off the roof. depending how far I go into the car will determine the cost. some alfa club people are waiting to see how far I take this one and are interested in it. PM me if interested.

OP
OP

sloppyjoe

BAMF
I admire the effort.
I admire the family teamwork.
But it's still a gussied up FIAT.
Good thing you love it, because you know if you sold it you couldn't buy decent bicycles for you and the wife with the proceeds.:wink:
fiat made some desirable and terrific cars. hater!

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
I can't understand why anybody bought VW Beetles when Renault 10s were available.......

OP
OP

sloppyjoe

BAMF
just finished replacing cam seals and re-installing the cams, lifters, pushrods, cam pulleys, tensioner and new timing belt. compression check tomorrow and hopefully a test fire. this is all on the black car.

Last edited:

A23

BAMF
I've always had a boner for an Alpine A110

I had a toy model when I was a kid, but I've never seen on in the flesh...

I believe the owner of The Garage Company (in Los Angeles) has one. Last time I was there it was sitting out on the showroom floor.

tinhead

3 Busas + 2 large balls
The bad news is that it's French. That country's styling rivals the Italians, very unique and beautiful cars. The mechanical craftsmanship and reliability, however, make the Italians and British seem good. Yugo level.

luckystrike

Craves the dorito
Website
lemonparty.org
The bad news is that it's French. That country's styling rivals the Italians, very unique and beautiful cars. The mechanical craftsmanship and reliability, however, make the Italians and British seem good. Yugo level.
I'd agree with that 10 or so years ago...

Not so sure anymore, they've come a long way.

I rented a Renault something or another when I was in Austria 2 years ago and I was impressed with the fit and finish and that baby hummed along without issue.

DaCat

BAMF
Cost of parts is the biggest issue with French cars, followed by low resale value.

As for the GTV they are stunning cars in looks and to drive, but get rid of them when they hit 50k kms, that was the guideline. The 3.0L was the machine to have back in the day.

Still like Alfas today:up:

BigGar

high on placebo
I hope that Alpine is bigger than the original. The old ones are one of the best looking cars ever built, but every time I see one I'm stunned at how tiny they are. I think they'd make a Lotus Elise look big.

Top Bottom