Pelosi gonna start a ground war with China?

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Yup, those are all pro-unification protestors who support a Chinese takeover of Taiwan- you'd think Xi would have paid for a few more to show up. The old bat actually got a pretty nice reception at the airport that was fairly well-attended.
other than the Chinese flag face mask, Chinese flag vest, with Chinese CCP colors, the inability to look happy and the "Taiwan, China" sign.....what was the give away?

nomad

TRANSVAXXITE
In March of 421 BC, after years of escalating conflict, Athens and Sparta finally decided to bury the hatchet and coexist peacefully together in the Mediterranean.

The two powers had been at odds for decades. Athens had ballooned into a regional empire, and Sparta itself was a rising power.

The two sides came to blows on multiple occasions. And even when they agreed to keep the peace in 421 BC, tensions were still high. All it took was one idiot to screw it up.

His name was Alcibiades, a Greek politician of noble birth. Alcibiades was pretty infamous in Athens; he was known for being corrupt, deceitful, disloyal, arrogant, and short-tempered.

I’m serious. There are numerous accounts from ancient historians who wrote in excruciating detail about what a terrible person Alcibiades was. Plutarch tells us, for example, about a time that Alcibiades cheated in a wrestling match by biting his opponent (to no one’s surprise) and how he mutilated his own dog.

Even poor Socrates tried, and failed, to teach Alcibiades about ethics and morality.

But despite his horrendous reputation, Alcibiades still managed to catapult himself into positions of high power… and to remain there… primarily due to his political cunning.

In fact Alcibiades was essentially the Speaker of the Athenian Assembly, with the power to dictate the day’s agenda and influence the outcome of votes.

Alcibiades was so powerful that, during the summer of 418 BC, he decided (without any approval from the government) to pay a visit to the Peloponnese in southern Greece-- territory that was claimed by Sparta.

There was absolutely zero upside in Alcibiades doing this. It was just a big circus act for him to show off his power and prestige. He didn’t care if Sparta would be outraged, or if his actions had consequences for Athens. All that mattered to Alcibiades was that people were talking about him.

Naturally his actions did have consequences.

Smaller city-states in the Peloponnese were emboldened by Alcibiades’ trip to the region, so they forged a fledgling alliance and attempted to seize a strategic settlement located at Sparta’s southern border.

With their border security threatened, Sparta sent an army to push away the invaders; the resulting battle was a massive victory for Sparta and a huge embarrassment for Athens. But Alcibiades blamed one of his political opponents for the defeat, so he never took the fall for his own mistake.

The conflict quickly escalated further, and soon Athens and Sparta were once again in a full-blown war with each other-- one that Athens would ultimately lose to its rival.

I’m writing this, of course, at a time when US Speaker Nancy Pelosi has just touched down in Taiwan.

Pelosi is an idiot, but she’s not stupid. She knows there are consequences.

Simon Black

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
And China lets a couple off the chain, lands missile(s) inside of Japans economic zone waters.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Biden reportedly said: Lets be clear here, I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but if they want to do push ups lets go man, repeat the line, if they want to do push ups I'm being seri uh uh seri, uh look man when I was a kid we'd see this black lady pushing a cart and you know it was snowing and there were these kids playing and it was the darnedest thing.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
Hoping China has made their point and the saber rattling dies down and Pelosi's little ego trip ends with out more stupid being tossed around........and still waiting to See Paul Pelosi's investing leading up to this episode

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I couldn't believe they made Trump president never mind Biden so anything's possible...

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
They'd need to do more than simply 'take over'. Pelosi would lose her position, but that's it. They'd need a majority of the House for impeachment (which will likely happen), but 2/3rds of the Senate for removal, which, even if they manage to achieve a majority, ain't happening (not even close). Impeachment? Sure. Removal? Nope.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
They'd need to do more than simply 'take over'. Pelosi would lose her position, but that's it. They'd need a majority of the House for impeachment (which will likely happen), but 2/3rds of the Senate for removal, which, even if they manage to achieve a majority, ain't happening (not even close). Impeachment? Sure. Removal? Nope.
....and it's not how government is supposed to work. You accept who the President is, bitch and moan fine, elect someone else. The Impeachment button is getting way too much action right now. It cripples the congress, makes things more polarized, and in the end accomplishes nothing.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Agreed, but that how it works now...

Still, the process is the process- the Reps holding a simple majority of both Houses wouldn't be a guarantee of impeachment/removal based on a vote along party lines, but it would guarantee impeachment itself if it indeed came to the floor of the House of Representatives. The point I was making wasn't that impeachment is a guarantee if the Reps take a majority, but, rather, they still wouldn't have the party votes for removal. I doubt the Senate will ever be taken over by 2/3rds of either party for decades, if ever.

There was Rep support for Nixon's removal, which is why he resigned rather than face a vote- I can't see that happening today.

Drakhen

BAMF
explains a lot...

"When I was a little girl, I was told at the beach if I dug a hole deep enough, we would reach China, so we've always felt a connection there,"
OMFG.

We live in a country run by people who shouldn't be allowed to drive or make their own financial decisions. We seriously need age restrictions and term limits on politicians.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
I wonder if Nancy knows that you can't really dig to China...? or maybe her parents were just trying to get her to dig a deep enough hole waiting for the tide to come in?

gsteve

BAMF+
I think she should go.
And fill that fucking plane with leftist congress critters, just in case it does get shot down.
Then when it gets shot down, we don't go to war. Instead, we send China a sternly worded letter that includes a schedule of when the next planeload is coming their way.
maybe trudeau could ride along

Rocco

BAMF
So _ North Korea has now taken the posture of making 100,000 NK troops available to Putin. The NK troops are volunteer status (?) and are especially skilled at creating counter measures against HIMARS. SO _ Bidumb played another wrong card.
As I mentioned before, I'm most worried we are being set up (through a unified plan), by the people we stand against. Look around and add it up.

-

Anal Disco

"Disco, Anal Disco"
So _ North Korea has now taken the posture of making 100,000 NK troops available to Putin. The NK troops are volunteer status (?) and are especially skilled at creating counter measures against HIMARS. SO _ Bidumb played another wrong card.
As I mentioned before, I'm most worried we are being set up (through a unified plan), by the people we stand against. Look around and add it up.
North Korea can barely send out a soccer team.

NK sending out 100,000 troops abroad is pretty far fetched, I don't care what Putin says.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
NK likely isn't going to send combat (or any type of) forces, certainly not in big numbers- no way they're in a position economically to do it. How, logistically, are they going to move 100,000 troops, plus the auxiliary equipment necessary to support them, 4500 miles to Ukraine? Russia is having issues supporting their own troops right across their border, so they're not going to be much help in that regard.

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
NK likely isn't going to send combat (or any type of) forces, certainly not in big numbers- no way they're in a position economically to do it. How, logistically, are they going to move 100,000 troops, plus the auxiliary equipment necessary to support them, 4500 miles to Ukraine? Russia is having issues supporting their own troops right across their border, so they're not going to be much help in that regard.
oh theres no doubt at all, NK can't feed them let alone get them to fight with the Russian. Still if you loaded up giant transport places the 100k NK troops they'd probably like the idea of leaving even if it meant going to war. Chances for escape would eb much better....plus food etc.

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com
keep thinking Russia can't supply her troops... they sent in junk so far...

Russia only wants access to that port... and the people who live there that consider themselves Russians...

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
keep thinking Russia can't supply her troops... they sent in junk so far...

Russia only wants access to that port... and the people who live there that consider themselves Russians...
theres also major natural gas lines that run from Russia through Ukraine to Europe. Ukraine doesnt want to touch them (bad for the down line users), but it's still a threat

Putin has long felt that Ukraine belonged to him.

gobrian77

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
I'd imagine that any troops sent would have family still in NK that would suffer if they defected- Kim Jong Un doesn't fool around when it comes to something like that.

Rocco

BAMF
So, I wonder if China is behind this latest move with North Korea. The push to expand Nato east (and the yet to be Indo-Asia extension), must be alarming to every country that we have been keeping in line up until now. We have been teaching by example there is safety in numbers, right! I'm surprised it took them this long to start doing the same thing.

-

OP
maui

maui

Big Bore diggidy mayhem
so for the first time in 20 years China sent a white paper to Taiwan saying that they see a one country two system form of government. Basically what they have right now, and as an added bonus China says they won't take Taiwan by force if they agree......

Nancy also rejected their offer.....

Top Bottom