One well used rotor

OP
OP
JC

JC

BAMF
The bike has 115000 but I picked up the wheel and rotors used along the way. I've put around 15k miles on these rotors.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Master-Cylinder

Duck Loving Curmudgeon and Legendary Race Wrench
I had a genuine HRC iron brake disc fly apart going down the back straight at Mid Ohio. I mashed on the brakes slowing down for turn four, heard a loud-ish bang and was no longer slowing down as much. After I figured out what happened, I kept going, still had one good disc left. When I pulled in, all that was left was the carrier. I was lucky it didn't punch a hole in the radiator or rear tyre.

OP
OP
JC

JC

BAMF
I rebuilt them last year. They are fresh.

Billetman will be pleased to know I am using old pads to bed in the new rotors!

I rebuilt them last year. They are fresh.

Billetman will be pleased to know I am using old pads to bed in the new rotors!

That's cool. So many people neglect their brakes (or never use their front ones) Also see no problems bedding in new rotors with used pads, if you scuff the pads first. Flat surface and some sandpaper FTW.

cant say Ive EVER worn a set of rotors to beyond the stamped spec on the carrier...lol.
Shit even my buddy that races MotoA... never once replaced rotors due to being at the wear spec.

I would guess those 6 pot tokicos werent fully retracting to wear your rotors under 4mm.

Well, dirty brakes are draggin' ass brakes. Was why I asked if he rebuilt or at least cleaned them.
well yeah... they had to be dragging for YEARS. Ive seen alot of higher mile boosas with a similar issue. One had a warped rotor a dipshit tried to blame on me... meanwhile the pads...er I mean the backing plates were his friction material...lol

Top Bottom