One man, saving the planet...

Stetson

BAMF
So,over the course of a couple years, everywhere I shop has banned plastic shopping bags. Time after time, I got sick of finding myself at the store in the wrong car without bags, so I just kept buying them until each car had enough. This is how many reusable shopping bags I've accumulated. Now, thanks to the current situation, plastic bags are back in business, and the places I bought them from now tell you to go get fucked with those filthy reusable bags. So, I'm going to enjoy the return of the bagger-loaded plastic bag, and store these babies away in the attic in case normal ever breaks out again.

cleaningmygarage@161

They're back to charging 10 cents a bag (state tax) in CT.

I stick with 1 or 2 bags of groceries at a time crammed full or just buy enough to carry by the armload, no bag.

Terry_Schiavo

Moderately Banned
If the stores are against reusing those bags...a 10 second blast with a steamer, UV cabinet, or activated oxygen chamber would take care of that.

Been using the re-usable bags for a few years now. A lot more convenient than the plastic bags, and better for the environment, win-win. Vermont was all set to outright ban the plastic bags... until covid. Now the re-usable bags are banned, and they hand out the plastic and paper like nothing ever changed, lol.

Dameon

BAMF+
Funny you mention this today... Saturday the wife and I went to Trader Joe's. We were meeting some friends for lunch in Baton Rouge and usually like to get some specific things only Trader Joe's sells. They tell us at the door "no outside bags". WTF? They typically promote nothing BUT reusable bags. This COVID bullshit continues to surpass the level of stupidity daily. So we decided no bags... we pushed the cart to our car and left it in the parking lot. Fuck 'em. I did make sure the cart wouldn't coast into anyone's parked car.

Been hauling a bag of plastic bags in the trunk for a while now keep forgetting to throw them in the recycle pile at Kroger's.

So I finally got around to it and Kroger doesn't offer that service anymore. What to do?

Dameon

BAMF+
Recharges the car for free, but whines about shopping bags...
Come on, you know better than that. I was "whining" about the stupid measures businesses are taking in response to this COVID bullshit.

I couldn't care less about whether my bags (wife's bag actually) go in the store or not. It became a point of contention for me when we walk ALL the way to the store with our bags and then ME having to walk back to the car to deposit them.

OP

Stetson

BAMF
Come on, you know better than that. I was "whining" about the stupid measures businesses are taking in response to this COVID bullshit.

I couldn't care less about whether my bags (wife's bag actually) go in the store or not. It became a point of contention for me when we walk ALL the way to the store with our bags and then ME having to walk back to the car to deposit them.
Yeah, it wasn't much of a whine. I was just looking for a good setup for my "new rope" joke. :D

Also, I'm just jealous and want your car, so FYYFF! :ducmanic:

Dameon

BAMF+
Yeah, it wasn't much of a whine. I was just looking for a good setup for my "new rope" joke. :D
Old "new rope" joke? :lol: My Dad has been using that since as long as I can remember. It likely had a slightly different meaning back in his day though... :hang3:

Also, I'm just jealous and want your car, so FYYFF! :ducmanic:
Come and get it. Bring a blank check. I'm leaning towards getting a new Model X. One of the new 3 motor performance models.

Top Bottom