Oh my God...a 190hp Multistrada...

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Translated from motorradonline:

From 2020, Ducati will supplement the Multistrada series with a V4 model with around 190 hp and an innovative safety package.

The test drives around the plant in the Borgo Panigale district of Bologna have been going on for a year and a half, in 2020 the Multistrada V4 is finally to come. A recently caught Erlkƶnig shows that the sleek silhouette of the two-cylinder bikes is maintained by the narrow four-cylinder engine. Even otherwise, the prototype of the current V2-Multi looks very similar, which design updates Ducati the V4 variant still donated, remains to be seen.

-But no photo on their site.

I wonder if the "innovative safety package" includes a parachute for the rider?

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
Completely useless... who needs a v4 190 hp touring bike.. i know 2 guys here who have v4 panis and the heat from those thing's exhaust is brutal...

The twin in a multi is already deadly fast.

They are doing it only because using the same motor as the panigale in multiple bikes such as the streetfighter and multi will lower production cost.

But as they say, numbers sell so.. yeah it will sell if the price is alright

Last edited:

VFR Rider

BAMF
Have ridden the current model Multistrada and it is an impressive machine, but not enough to make me want to spend 20 grand for a motorcycle.

If the V4 Multi does make production with that kind of power it will be the perfect bike for every Ducati brand snob who engages in dick measuring over horsepower numbers.

fr0st

The Arvida Chancellor
I want super fast touring bike that handles. Brakes excellent, and I can be comfortable on for 9 hours a day.

Judt sayin.. :)
Its still a 520 lbs bike.. with a vtwin..

And the torque from a 1100 cc v4 will never overcome the torque you have on that 1301 cc of yours..

So its the same weight as a superduke GT with less torque..

OP
pimpslayer

pimpslayer

HOLYBAMF
Time to update:

The Multistrada is the first Ducati to employ a conventional, non-desmo valvetrain. This boosts valve adjustment intervals from 18,000 miles to a whopping 37,280 miles. On a side note, this mileage interval is well above German and Japanese-made ADV rigs in this segment. After initial 600-mile service, the V-4 engine goes 9,000 miles between scheduled oil and filter changes, just like the previous L-Twin version.
But the fuel mileage is pretty abysmal....

Top Bottom