Now I want an AR 15 ! Buy an AR for Whoopie !

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...why are you baiting CZ...!?!...just stop being a dik...I know it's hard to stop one you get going...

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
...why are you baiting CZ...!?!...just stop being a dik...I know it's hard to stop one you get going...
Baiting? Did you read the posts? He started on me, I responded. Up until then I was trying to help him, as I have been all throughout this fiasco.

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...ok...you win...

...keep in mind the poor bastard is all traumatized n shit...

Rocco

BAMF
Even though the added value is minimal, I always use Nickle boron and Nitride carriers. Not only do they help extend the lubrication frame with lower drag coefficient, they also seem to clean up better. When I comes to self defence, every little bit helps.

Kirk

BAMF
Even though the added value is minimal, I always use Nickle boron and Nitride carriers. Not only do they help extend the lubrication frame with lower drag coefficient, they also seem to clean up better. When I comes to self defence, every little bit helps.

Mine is a hard-chromed Young Manufacturing National Match BCG. It's slick, and it's super easy to clean.

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
Right, YOU wouldn't because you're not a new buyer and you know better.
But THEY tell you (me, the new buyer) that it's not necessary.

Shop with Jim (WarpSpeed) top knowledge, fast service and he can go through your stuff for you .. as well as walk you through it when you pull it apart and have a question..

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
SIG SAUER OPMOD Exclusive Romeo-MSR Red Dot Sight | 62% Off 4 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping and Handling (opticsplanet.com)

...I like this optic for what it isn't as much as for what it is...the green dot reticle gives pause, or I probably would have ordered one...

...in the one review on it the guy gave it four stars because he thought he was buying a red dot sight...LoL...

...I like the knob instead of little buttons and don't especially love the shake awake or auto brightness features of some other optics...

...it is supposed to co witness w/ A2 sights...I have in mine for a FDE 300 BO pistol...it doesn't actually have any sights...

...but still you can say darker and darker...

Last edited:

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Bit of nostalgia for you old folks?

My AR has iron sights and that's all I want. My eyes are still pretty good though. May change my opinion as I age.
Yes, your opinion will change.

Gone are my days of hitting a 600meter target with iron sights.
I can see well that far, most of the time, it's just that I can't see both sights at the same time.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
I'm stubborn and haven't put a red dot on any handguns. Rifles, sure, been playing with them since 1998. I actually want one on my shotgun, as well.

Drakhen

BAMF
...in the one review on it the guy gave it four stars because he thought he was buying a red dot sight...LoL...
An actual one star review of a JP captured buffer spring assembly:

"For some reason it would not fit completely into my buffer tube. I have done a lot of custom gun work but this had me puzzled. I think the buffer tube tapered at the bottom causing the assembly to jam before actually being on the bottom of the tube. After hours and hours of frustration I threw the thing in then garbage. A better way is to install one of the new multi strand springs. "

So, his part is fucked up, but he's going to blame JP's engineering for the problem. Okay...

We, as a people, are circling the drain...

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
I'm stubborn and haven't put a red dot on any handguns. Rifles, sure, been playing with them since 1998. I actually want one on my shotgun, as well.
While I have very limited range time, I found it challenging to ignore the red dot on quick shots or double taps. I was extremely slow, always trying to see the dot

Kirk

BAMF
Yes, your opinion will change.

Gone are my days of hitting a 600meter target with iron sights.
I can see well that far, most of the time, it's just that I can't see both sights at the same time.
Iron sights at 600 meters is an area weapon for virtually any shooter using a rack grade military type weapon.

Kirk

BAMF
While I have very limited range time, I found it challenging to ignore the red dot on quick shots or double taps. I was extremely slow, always trying to see the dot
I point-shoot up close.

On my pistol, I start picking up the sights at 25 yards...although the front sight is getting fuzzy as I age.

On the M4 carbine, I use the Aimpoint's tube like a giant ghost ring for fast shots beyond point-shooting distance, even though the dot is usually visible.

A little further out, and I'm using the dot.

And further than that, I flip the Aimpoint magnifier up behind the Aimpoint itself.

The magnifier is also helpful for target identification. For example I can hit bowling pins at 100 yards fairly quickly without the magnifier, but sometimes I need the magnifier to see details of things that cannot be discerned with the naked eye at 100 yards and beyond.

Kirk

BAMF
An actual one star review of a JP captured buffer spring assembly:

"For some reason it would not fit completely into my buffer tube. I have done a lot of custom gun work but this had me puzzled. I think the buffer tube tapered at the bottom causing the assembly to jam before actually being on the bottom of the tube. After hours and hours of frustration I threw the thing in then garbage. A better way is to install one of the new multi strand springs. "

So, his part is fucked up, but he's going to blame JP's engineering for the problem. Okay...

We, as a people, are circling the drain...
I use a 3.5 pound JP single-stage adjustable match trigger in the M4 that I carried at work. It is set up with a safe amount of sear engagement, and very little overtravel, making the reset super short.

It makes my job much easier than a standard military-type 2-stage trigger.

I make sure to keep it cleaned and lubed, but after thousands and thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions, I trust it completely.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Iron sights at 600 meters is an area weapon for virtually any shooter using a rack grade military type weapon.
I still knocked the fucking targets down at that range, several times and on multiple occasions, with an M-16.
That qualified me as an expert every outing for qualification over 7 years.
Now, probably not, without a scope.

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
Few things came in today for my FN.

This SIG Tango MSR is very promising, and a very good value. 1-10x, illuminated reticle, larger 34mm main tube and a very nice cantilever mount. I popped the battery in and that reticle is very clear and the illuminated portion doesn't fuzz/bleed over like a reflex sight would on higher settings.

Hornday Black is a nice round, in general, and since our distributor just received 14 boxes of 62gr fmj, timing couldn't be better.

Last edited:

rumble phish

BAMF+
Few things came in today for my FN.

This SIG Tango MSR is very promising, and a very good value. 1-10x, illuminated reticle, larger 34mm main tube and a very nice cantilever mount. I popped the battery in and that reticle is very clear and the illuminated portion doesn't fuzz/bleed over like a reflex sight would on higher settings.

Hornday Black is a nice round, in general, and since our distributor just received 14 boxes of 62gr fmj, timing couldn't be better.

View attachment 106396

View attachment 106397

View attachment 106398
How much does the Sig scope go for? It looks similar to the Primary Arms SLx 1-8x24mm SFP Rifle Scope, but with a bigger tube :up: I really dig the PA.

Primary Arms SLx 1-8x24mm SFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-5.56/5.45/.308

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
Not So Fast on Reviews
Submitted 2 months ago
By Jet Fast Lee
From Lake Havasu City
Verified Buyer
Base on reviews I must have a defective Scope (1x10x34), everything is good at midway thru the Magnification, bright and sharp, starts to get fuzzy at higher magnifications enough for me to notice lack of clarity on target.

Sig Sauer Tango MSR Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 1-10x 28mm 1/2 MOA (midwayusa.com)

...how is the image quality on yours...???...I assume the guy did indeed get a defective one but at maximum magnification is where stuff like that is noticeable...???....

rumble phish

BAMF+
Not So Fast on Reviews
Submitted 2 months ago
By Jet Fast Lee
From Lake Havasu City
Verified Buyer
Base on reviews I must have a defective Scope (1x10x34), everything is good at midway thru the Magnification, bright and sharp, starts to get fuzzy at higher magnifications enough for me to notice lack of clarity on target.

Sig Sauer Tango MSR Rifle Scope 34mm Tube 1-10x 28mm 1/2 MOA (midwayusa.com)

...how is the image quality on yours...???...I assume the guy did indeed get a defective one but at maximum magnification is where stuff like that is noticeable...???....
Maybe he just didn't know how to adjust the focus?

WarpSpeed

BAMF+
It's fine at 10x. That reviewer may have received one with an issue, or perhaps it wasn't in focus as RP mentioned. SIG does stand behind their optics with essentially a no questions warranty.

I also have a Burris RT6 which I've never mounted. Will get them both setup and see how they compare.

Fever500

BAMF
Went ahead and bought this .. my first non 80% lower. Caught the deal on r/gundeals. Man ... I need to stop looking at that sub.
Fucking local FFL charged me $65 bucks ... and they are a client of ours ...

Got this to go with it ...

WarpSpeed WarpSpeed Any deals on a Larue MBT-2S? Also need a decent LPK, gas block and tube.

BusaVeloce

Has never sold a motorcycle
Website
www.infowars.com
OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
WHOOPIE GOLDBURG APROVES AR 15 THREAD!

...maybe that will ping some search engine...LoL...

Last edited:

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
We just had a table top and a full active shooter run in the three schools here. From what I seen they ain't they better practice more

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I guess that's the thing...the killer dweeble twinks had been practicing and the responding pig units had not...

Rhino

K-9 BAMF
I think small places like this need to just bring excellent trainers in.. something their budgets don't allow. Most small agencies rely on a train the trainer program when one or two are sent to get trained then come back and train the rest of the department. Money is a bitch when ya don't have a NYPD type budget.

Big issue I seen was lack of knowledge of team building clearing AS A TEAM... lack of tactical ballistic protection.. (helmets, arm knee protection, full vests) two ballistic shields for a 8 man team. Cardio cardio cardio .. stealth.

Good parts.. good cross fire observation, good communication, great timed response of all units, good handle of IC.. (let's see how that goes when they add state and federal to the response) good use of available weapons. Great knowledge of the buildings. Good perimeter shut down and control.

Top Bottom