Now I want an AR 15 ! Buy an AR for Whoopie !

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...would you buy a Wilson rifle...???...looking at one because it is there...

CZLoco

artist formerly known as quad destroyer and...
I need a bag for carrying my upper around in.

Right now when I ride to the range, I break down the upper & lower into two pieces.
And put them in my backpack. I'll roll the upper in a towel so it doesn't get all dinged up.

Then when leaving the range, I let the upper cool down for five minutes before rolling it up in the towel and sticking it in my backpack.

There's gotta be some kind of burn proof/kevlar/other option.
Like, a burn proof sock kind of deal.
But I can't seem to think of the right keywords to search for?

CZLoco

I'd rather not.
Plus, I'll occasionally be grocery shopping or something on the way home.

Also on my wishlist are front & rear takedown pins that make it faster & easier to break down the rifle.
These look pretty cool. And wouldn't stand out so much.

rumble phish

BAMF+
I'd rather not.
Plus, I'll occasionally be grocery shopping or something on the way home.

Also on my wishlist are front & rear takedown pins that make it faster & easier to break down the rifle.
These look pretty cool. And wouldn't stand out so much.
Just get a set of extended takedown pins. I use these in all of my AR's. Makes take down of the upper from the lower a snap, literally.

Yankee Hill Machine EZ Pull Takedown Pin Set (primaryarms.com)

kawachan

BAMF
They'll get broke in and be easier to retract after a few times. Someone used to offer a Delrin (sp) tool you could add to your key ring that helped. Once you get man hands for an AR you'll be fine 🤣

Kirk

BAMF
Bunch of slack jawed faggots; needing special pins to take down an AR easily.
Yeah, how about just doing finger exercises or something until you're strong enough to do it the old-fashioned way?

I don't need any additional dortons, farbs, or dantes projecting from my M4- it's already complicated enough, with folding backup sights, a light, two scopes, sling, adjustable butt stock, cup holder, espresso maker, Snuggy, Sham-Wow, Bamix, George Foreman grill, folding kick-stand, curb feelers, and everything else that's on it.

Wretch

amazingly graceful
Yeah, how about just doing finger exercises or something until you're strong enough to do it the old-fashioned way?

I don't need any additional dortons, farbs, or dantes projecting from my M4- it's already complicated enough, with folding backup sights, a light, two scopes, sling, adjustable butt stock, cup holder, espresso maker, Snuggy, Sham-Wow, Bamix, folding kick-stand, curb feelers, and everything else that's on it.
Well, none of that stuff but, I do still fly my cosmic dust detectors because well, you can never be too safe from cosmic dust.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Must be a shortage. Google search of loaded AR14's comes up empty. WTF, maaaan? I want in.

Edit: maybe I need to add a hymen to my search.
Nope, loaded AR-14 didn't work either.

CZLoco

Nice, thanks for sharing.
And the keyword "extended" is getting me much better keyword results. :up:

They'll get broke in and be easier to retract after a few times. Someone used to offer a Delrin (sp) tool you could add to your key ring that helped. Once you get man hands for an AR you'll be fine 🤣
:lol: :fu: :lol:

My rear pin is easy enough but the front one is tight, has a hitch in it and is awkward to grab ahold of to remove.
Even after having oiled and pulled it out/in ~100 times already in an attempt to break it in.
Though I probably should have done that dry.

GSXRTURBO1

BAMF+
Nice, thanks for sharing.
And the keyword "extended" is getting me much better keyword results. :up:

:lol: :fu: :lol:

My rear pin is easy enough but the front one is tight, has a hitch in it and is awkward to grab ahold of to remove.
Even after having oiled and pulled it out/in ~100 times already in an attempt to break it in.
Though I probably should have done that dry.
Throw a chopstick in your bag for now

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...so how many AR 15's did I sell (buy) here...???...are we still counting...?!?...

Wretch

amazingly graceful
...so how many AR 15's did I sell (buy) here...???...are we still counting...?!?...
One for me is enough...

...I keep telling myself.

Too much money going to accessories on other life affirming tools, right now...

...but, something is planned for the AR as well.

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...so do you guys have anything in stock...???...

CZLoco

Eddie, I have those Yankee's on all of my AR's. You can separate an AR into two sections in less than 2 seconds, like it's nothing with those.
That's good to hear.
It's better to be able to break the rifle down by touch without having to look at what you're doing.
Do the Yankee's get in the way of anything?

Any downsides to having them?
Other than....
...you know...
....having to listen to the man with this rifle call you a vagina?!?

Rocco

BAMF
Do the Yankee's get in the way of anything?

Any downsides to having them?
Other than....

I don't have any negatives. The Yankee Hills are smooth and the knob is shallow to the receiver. After trying my first set, I got them for all my AR's. Those pins are fast and easy. I can swap uppers in less than 10 seconds without a sweat.

-

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
Last edited:

CZLoco

...this is what you need...the most expensive solution must be the best solution, right...???...why else pay $2000 for an AR rifle...???...

Jacob Grey Custom Titanium Extended Takedown Pins | 22% Off w/ Free S&H (opticsplanet.com)
That's pretty slick. Thanks for posting it.
Part of me wants to turn this small upgrade into an opportunity to add bling to my blang (get it.. bang... blang..hahah, yeah nevermind that was dumb).

I probably won't though.
And if I did, I'd "have to" make it match the finish of my upgraded trigger which is a sort of dull nickel finish.

Drakhen

BAMF
...this is what you need...the most expensive solution must be the best solution, right...???...why else pay $2000 for an AR rifle...???...
Not that it's got any bling on it (unless you call FDE finish "bling) but my last AR15 build was around $2k before optics. If that's what it takes to get what you want, what's the issue? I'm sure almost all normal people would be thrilled to buy a rifle that does exactly what they want for PSA bargain prices, but it just doesn't exist for all of us.

Kirk

BAMF
Not that it's got any bling on it (unless you call FDE finish "bling) but my last AR15 build was around $2k before optics. If that's what it takes to get what you want, what's the issue? I'm sure almost all normal people would be thrilled to buy a rifle that does exactly what they want for PSA bargain prices, but it just doesn't exist for all of us.
Yup. My personally-owned department-authorized M4 carbine was almost $4K all in.

A budget AR is fine if you're plinking, but this was a tool that I built for work, and I understand the value of having professional-grade tools.

So my hand tools in the shop are Snap-On, and my M4 is pimped.

OP
Hapo

Hapo

Dog Boy
...I'm just trying to pick one...LoL...

BIggerDanno

Titanium Bad Ass
Yup. My personally-owned department-authorized M4 carbine was almost $4K all in.

A budget AR is fine if you're plinking, but this was a tool that I built for work, and I understand the value of having professional-grade tools.

So my hand tools in the shop are Snap-On, and my M4 is pimped.
Post a pic!

Top Bottom